Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip

Hi again,

Looking to plan my next vacation to Thailand. What months are busy and which are not so busy? I am looking at going the non busy months. Any help would be appreciated.

Matty

I would say September is the least busy month. The bussiest time is around Christmas and New Years.

Chinese New Year can be busy for places that cater to Chinese package tourists. There was recently a riot at Disney Hong Kong because of oversold tickets.

Islands that cater to Thais would be busier during Thai holidays.

My advice is to plan a trip based on your preferences and not worry too much about when it's off season. If you live in Buttfuck, North Dakota, why not go to tropical paradise in January?

Comment

i have just done pattaya in january, and before that in september.
      there's really not too much difference as there are plently of girls to go around. there are more tourists at the moment so accomodation is harder to find/more expensive. i'd choose september over january every time - its just a matter of ratios, but don't worry about it too much as the ratio is always in our favour.

Comment

I don't know if this is a factor for you, but I'd also consider the weather in Thailand. I believe its hottest (and wet too) from April through August. It is coolest in November through January, making it the most ideal time to travel for someone who doesn't like heat or humidity. Although even in the "winter", its still 70 degrees farenheit and fairly humid!
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

The weather is one of the biggest factors, especially if you plan on spending time outside Bangkok.

Nov - March is best weather
          April - May is HOT
          June - Oct is wet, with June/July not too bad.

April 13-16, is the Thai New Year. Which is celebrated by taking 3 days off and having a water gun fight. I love it, some people hate it. Look up Songkran.

Phuket, the weather turns in May/June and there can be dangerous tides. Samui stays dry until september, but it gets hot.
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by (Matty69 @ Feb. 05 2006,08:40)
            Hi again,

Looking to plan my next vacation to Thailand. What months are busy and which are not so busy? I am looking at going the non busy months. Any help would be appreciated.

Matty
            i've only experienced the "weather" in may/june and october/november, but i'm very confident that when planning any trip to the LOS, the "best" month is the SOONEST month! the best time is always now. rain, heat, humidity or flood, who the f*Wk cares. tons of fun on the misery watch, or empty cabarets in stifling heat, it's always sweet between the limbs of the ladyboys.

hope to see you there matty
            (probably in july/august next time)

Comment

Working...
            X