X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momma's Kitchen

OK, folks... here's the deal. Unlimited internet access (which includes the forum!) and 49 Baht bottled beers ALL THE TIME for AsianTS.com members and friends of the forum!

Click here for the official Mommas website!)

If you have never been before then give my friend jono and his wife a try. Great British grub at great prices. Plus you guys get Happy Hour ALL THE TIME! Plus - if you want to check your email or catch up on the site and forum then you can do so FOR FREE at anytime they are open!

To get this deal just tell the staff that Stogie sent you. They know who I am and they'll take real good care of you!

You can see from the prices on their menu (HERE!) that they really do offer fine fare at fair prices...

Cheers...

I'll move this over to the travel section soon, but I want to get a few people to have a looksee first!
    Attached Files

Comment

One more pic for now! By the way if anyone has been there before I would appreciate your comments. Also - in the next week or so there is gonna be a monitor installed so we can watch telly!
      Attached Files

Comment

Now that's a health oriented menu

I'll have to give the fish & chips a try...but doubt that anything could come close to the ambiance at Offshore Fish & Chips.

Comment

why do they have pics of Michael Jackson on the walls??

Will definitely keep this tip handy...Thanks SB.

RM.
          ain't life grand

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhh Bangers , mash n gravy

Will give it a look next time Stogie, nice one

Dave...
            Your got yer Mother in a whirl
            Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

From a Yank: I can kinda sorta guess what a banger and mash might be, and using my somewhat limited imagination I can kinda sorta guess what a gratinated pie is, but I have no idea what a buttie is and I don't think I want to know what a buddle & squeak is.
              "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

we had a great meal there back in January, cheap as chips and great quality. will be going again in may, definitely.
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Where are the LBs? In that Michael Jackson picture?
                  Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Originally posted by (kahuna @ Mar. 23 2006,03:51)
                    From a Yank:  I can kinda sorta guess what a banger and mash might be, and using my somewhat limited imagination I can kinda sorta guess what a gratinated pie is,  but I have no idea what a buttie is and I don't think I want to know what a buddle & squeak is.
                    Hello Kahuna,

To broaden your education;-  

Bangers and mash - Bangers are sausages.  Mash - mashed potatoes.  I believe in the north of England they like them with lots of gravy. I don't know why?  -  it just becomes a sloppy, horrible mess in my opinion.

The 'gratinated' bit escapes me! But I suspect it's a spelling mistake (I could be wrong!) The two pies listed are normally a filling (meat or fish) with mashed potato on top.
                    Again in the north they put lots of gravy on it and it becomes an awful slop!

A buttie (butty) is a sandwich - derived from buttered bread.

Bubble and squeak is normally yesterdays leftovers fried up  -  not as bad as it sounds!  Think of a Chinese stir fry.   The basic ingredients are usually mashed potato, peas and carrots - but anything else goes!

I'm a little dubious about the supposed Cornish origins       I've never heard of a Cornish pork and potato pie?  Pigs are quite rare in Cornwall!

Most especially no pasties! And with the seafood available in Thailand - no Starry Gazy Pie?!

Cornishmen do it dreckly  

RR.
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                    Kahuna

Comment

Originally posted by (Road Runner @ Mar. 23 2006,04:51)
                      To broaden your education;-  

RR.
                      Thank you Road Runner....I'm certain that I will enjoy dining there now that I have some idea what to expect...
                      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

But it has a picture of a fat ugly woman!

Maybe we should volunteer a couple of "quality" pics?

Comment

I have been twice and no complaints about the food on either occassion. Not sure who their decorator is but I can overlook that given the owner is a nice chap, the beer is cold and cheap and the food is good quality.

Now with internet access and a TV soon to come it will probably be a nice place to kick back and relax for quiet beer while checking email and not just for dining.

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Mar. 23 2006,07:05)
                            But it has a picture of a fat ugly woman!
                            I assumed that they were pictures of Mirimark in his tutu

RR.
                            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                            Kahuna

Comment

lkmao bubble and squeek = greek but thats cockney ringing aint it my son??/

Comment

Working...
                              X