First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customs

Guys maybe the last of my questions
    i hear some

1 how do i go with my laptop & cameras (use for work)
    2 i love my makers mark bourban how do i go with that
    which i will have duty free from sydney i have no
    problems in singapore or malaysia how about
    thailand?

Bring in your laptops, cameras. You won't get any hassle.

Haven't seen Makers over here but it can probably be found. (Bring some in case!)

Comment

Hello David123au,

As Stogie says don't worry about the electonic goods - Thai Customs take no interest. Though if you read the signs in the airport they are supposed to be checking them  

Spirits are quite expensive in Thailand so by all means bring your favourite tipple.  I import my Gordon's gin and Baileys from the UK.
      For some reason the Baileys seems to disappear from the appartment though  

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

Thai Customs is never a problem. They look at us and know we're here for the sex, sun, and sin and leave us alone. The people they seem to search are Thai's returning home with lots of shit they bought... and must be taxed on I guess.

I remember one night when I arrived there was no customs on duty at all and everyone was free to just walk out.....  

Only in Thailand !!!  

Comment

(stogie bear @ May 23 2006,01:13) Bring in your laptops, cameras. You won't get any hassle.

Haven't seen Makers over here but it can probably be found. (Bring some in case!)
          Stogie I konow is very hard to buy outside australia and the usa. I normally buy when i get to airport as only $29 aud a bottle if buy in local bottle shops here is $44

So far i have converted 12 sinapoeans and five malaysians to makers Plus one scotsman .

Comment

(Bam @ May 23 2006,04:28) Thai Customs is never a problem. They look at us and know we're here for the sex, sun, and sin and leave us alone. The people they seem to search are Thai's returning home with lots of shit they bought... and must be taxed on I guess.

I remember one night when I arrived there was no customs on duty at all and everyone was free to just walk out.....  

Only in Thailand !!!  
            Sex sin and sun what i kill for some sun right now 11 c my foot heater on max no body warmer in sight (lb)

Cool on the electronic i just hate to let in singapore and find gone when i get back.

Thanks guys

Comment

(Bam @ May 22 2006,22:28) Thai Customs is never a problem. They look at us and know we're here for the sex, sun, and sin and leave us alone. The people they seem to search are Thai's returning home with lots of shit they bought... and must be taxed on I guess.

Only in Thailand !!!  
              Use to be...
              But NOT if you have any cigarettes....It wasn't any problem before but now they let you walk out with your Duty frees and they'll get you..if you have more then 400 cig. You'll get a heavy fine...
              So if you have any best thing to do...Whic is what I do... is open the boxes and put them in your bag...DO NOT cary any Duty Free bags...
              So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

thanks all

Comment

I've never been stopped by customs in Thailand. I recall on both times the customs booth being unmanned, just as Bam has said. Only in Thailand I guess.
                  I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(69billy @ May 23 2006,17:53) Use to be...
                    But NOT if you have any cigarettes....It wasn't any problem before but now they let you walk out with your Duty frees and they'll get you..if you have more then 400 cig. You'll get a heavy fine...
                    No the time I'm talking about there were no customs people working.... I guess they all went on lunch at the same time. Everyone just walked out of the airport without being checked.... it was bizarre but then it is Thailand.

Comment

I have never seen anyone stopped by Thai customs. I have also seen empty security checkpoints at regional airports and at the malls (during the brief period they bothered).
                      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(69billy @ May 23 2006,17:53)
                        (Bam @ May 22 2006,22:28) Thai Customs is never a problem. They look at us and know we're here for the sex, sun, and sin and leave us alone. The people they seem to search are Thai's returning home with lots of shit they bought... and must be taxed on I guess.

Only in Thailand !!!  
                        Use to be...
                        So if you have any best thing to do...Whic is what I do... is open the boxes and put them in your bag...DO NOT cary any Duty Free bags...

Free Duty Bags are a red flag. Took everything out and put 3 bottles and 3 cartons in my luggage. No problems

incher

Comment

Working...
                        X