X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking your dog with you

A friend is planning a full time move to either LOS or PI late this year.
    He would like to take his Boston Terrior if possible.
    Does anyone know if he can do this and what hoops would need to be jumped though?

Don't know the specifics. But it should not be too hard, I know of people who have brought dogs from America so I gather the quarantine/inspection policy is not too bad.

Best bet is contact the embassy/consulate nearest him (and whatever they say, get it in writing)
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Just what Thailand needs... another dog!

Assuming that your friend is bringing his pooch into Thailand for 6 months or more by air as one of accompanied baggage he should do this...

Authorization to import your pet arriving by air can be obtained at the Bangkok airport.

At the airport, you will need to obtain an authorization to bring into, or transit animals via Thailand (Ror 6 form), and a permission to bring animals into Thailand (Ror 7 form), and fill out application for special importation form (Kor Sor Kor 102).

(Note that you may be required to pay fees on the above applications and import duties on your pet.)

Import duties will be exempted if your pet will be in Thailand for 6 months or less. However, you will need to fill out a guarantee form and pay a deposit at the airport.

Other requirements:

Identity certificate signed in country of origin by a registered veterinarian, describing age, breed, sex, color, etc.

Rabies vaccination certificate, you pet must be vaccinated at least 15 days prior to departure.

Leptospirosis vaccination certificate, at least 21 days prior to departure.

Animal must be healthy and free from any sign of infectious or contagious disease.

Animal had been resident in your home country not less than 6 months before date of departure.

_ _ _ _ _

Bangkok Airport Customs Office
      Tel. (66-2) 535-1269, 535-1153, 535-1680, 535-6463

Department of Livestock Development, Bangkok
      Tel. (66-2) 251-5136, 252-6944

Hope this helps...

Comment

I come to Thailand to get away from my dog. Mine divorced me and now she just howls a fucking lot around end of month looking for more dog food money

Comment

Thanks. I'll copy and paste your info into an email for him.

Comment

Ziggy has just gone through this process - contact him
            Mister Arse

Comment

(vangough05 @ Jun. 04 2006,09:07) I come to Thailand to get away from my dog. Mine divorced me and now she just howls a fucking lot around end of month looking for more dog food money
              Your dog sounds like a real bitch!
              I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Working...
              X