X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies to Thailand

Think back when you made your first trip to Thailand. What type of travel package did you use. Group tour, package or some combination of the above. I am really interested to see what the newbie traveller coming to Thailand for the first time to sample the Ladyboy delights will use as their preferred method of travel. I have read in tourism reports in Australia that people are moving away from package and group tours because they are restrictive and expensive and more people are booking their own airfares and hotels directly due to the ease of using the internet. But, is this still the cheapest way to travel to Thailand? Or would you like someone in Thailand to book your hotel, transfers, tours and meals for you?

Any feedback from pending first time travellers would be great.
    I like group tours that include everything.
    0%
    I like group tours that include airfares, hotels and tours only
    0%
    I like group tours that include airfares, hotels and meals only
    0%
    I like group tours that include airfares, hotels only
    0%
    I would like someone in Thailand to book my hotel,tours, meals
    0%
    I would like someone in Thailand to book my hotel and meals
    0%
    I would like someone in Thailand to book my hotel and tours
    0%
    I like to book everything myself and head for a drink at BigDogs
    0%

I was in a shortime room on Soi 6 in Pattaya about 4 hours after touching down at Don Muang.

Comment

Now that could be a record!

Comment

My first trip, I had a ticket from Singapore to Chiang Mai, and a ticket out from Bangkok 4 weeks later. That was it.
        I found my own hotels, made my own travel arrangements - taking the bus and train, and seeing everything inbetween.

It was great. Thailand is the easiest country in the world to travel in.

(ps. I was only a tourist back then)
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

For my first trip I didn't even consider a tour. I find that tours are generally more expensive due to the 'middleman' cost and that any savings you get from the bulk discount the operators get is quickly eaten away by their fees. Additionally, tours are really for people who want to see "touristy" things. Granted, a first-time visitor to Thailand who is coming over for his first ladyboy experience might have a genuine interest in Thai culture and all it has to offer, but the number of guidebooks and internet resources make it possible to do a lot of sightseeing on your own. Additionally, I'd recommend marrying (figuratively guys!) your two interests together, and get a LB to guide you around Bangkok or wherever you are. I did this quite a few times on my first trip and had an excellent adventure.
          I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Why come to Thailand and get told what to do? You may as well stay at work!

Comment

DP,
              Now there's a good tourism idea.

Ladyboy day tours ......com. Come to Bangkok and get a true Ladyboy experience 24 hours a day. Sit back while your appointed ladyboy shows you the sights of Bangkok during the day and then in the evening she shows you something else.....

I think Eye would be at the top of the Ladyboy Tour Guide List.

Correct DP and Jai-dee? Maybe even Noon, she seems to be friendly and has good english.

Comment

Just returned from my first 30-day adventure. I booked everything separately. I was able to move from BKK to Phuket and Pattaya at my pleasure. I had absolutely no problem booking hotels, air line tickets, shuttles, etc....I hope to be back in September and plan to travel the same way.

The added advantage is that if you happen to meet a lady and find that you would like to take her along with you, you don't have to worry about changing reservations, etc.
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Yes Kahuna your right about independent travel certainly provides more flexibility with travel arrangements. Not to be locked in to fixed dates and tours is a good way to go. Thanks for your comments.

Comment

First tripwas a 4- day stopover, booked everything myself and was met at the airport by someone i had met online.

Good trip but only wish i had known a lot more as I missed out on loads!!
                    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

My fiirst trip to Thailand was not a tour but rather a package. You know the flight, hotel and local tours included. I stayed for 8 days and spent a shit load of money.

When I got back I did some research and found that I could have got my hotel cheaper (would have stayed at a different one in any case due to the 900 baht joiner fee), this was the Pathumwan Princess right next to MBK so DP would have liked the location.

I could have got my flight cheaper and the tours I bought I probably could have got them about 50% cheaper by buying them when I got there.

So lesson learnt and since then have booked everything myself. I also only usually booked my international flight and the first few days of hotels except in high season, so then I can make it up as I go along.

Comment

My first trip was unusual. Week 1 I was alone and Week 2 and Week 3, I was with my farang girlfriend.

I had booked figuring we'd breakup before the trip. Then she came along.

It's amazing the shit you can book yourself. We were traveling from one island to another in the Andaman by longtail boat, the trip being maybe an hour. Cruising cheap charlie style!

Comment

You would be surprised at how little some girls know about BKK's tourist spots. With the info you can pick up on this board in one nights reading, you definately don't need a package tour.

Comment

Agreed. Some of the girls have never been to any of the farang-oriented/marketed tourist attractions. Even more surprisingly, some of the girls have never been to the Thai spots either. On my last trip, Jane informed me that she's never been to Wat Pratkeaw (spelling?) despite living in Bangkok for over 10 years.

However, despite all this, the girls will be able to show you things that no guidebook, forum, or tour guide would show you.
                            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(newcomer @ Jun. 10 2006,13:43) DP,
                              Now there's a good tourism idea.

Ladyboy day tours ......com. Come to Bangkok and get a true Ladyboy experience 24 hours a day. Sit back while your appointed ladyboy shows you the sights of Bangkok during the day and then in the evening she shows you something else.....

I think Eye would be at the top of the Ladyboy Tour Guide List.

Correct DP and Jai-dee? Maybe even Noon, she seems to be friendly and has good english.
                              It'd be a great idea, if they could get out of bed during the day time! With few exceptions, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a ladyboy awake and alert enough in the day time to be giving guided tours.

Comment

Working...
                              X