Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be traveling from the new airport to Pattaya. Is it the meter plus 50 baht or a negotiated rate?

Comment

My taxi was metered fare PLUS the 50 baht tax.

Comment

So, has anyone gone to Pattaya from the new airport?
        What are the options/prices?
        Thanks.

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Just would like to know how do you pronounce the name of the new airport. Suvarnabhumi and the thai spelling?

Thanks

Comment

Official name
            Suvarnabhumi Airport. The name Suvarnabhumi was chosen by HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej which means "The Golden Land", specifically referring to the continental Indochina. "Golden Peninsula"or "Golden Land" is a traditional name for the Thailand-Cambodia-Laos-Burma region

How is it pronounced
            "su-wan-na-poom"

Thai: ท่าอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Kahuna,
              Thanks for responding so quickly with the info, it will come in handy when I get a taxi to the new airport.

Richard

Comment

My taxi was metered fare PLUS the 50 baht tax.
                How much WAS the meter?
                Mister Arse

Comment

(Stewart @ Oct. 14 2006,10:18) How much WAS the meter?
                  Suvarnabhumi to Majestic Grande
                   Meter = 350 baht
                             + 50 baht airport fee
                     Total= 400 baht

Comment

(Stewart @ Oct. 14 2006,10:18)
                    How much WAS the meter?

Suvarnabhumi to Majestic Grande
                    Meter = 350 baht
                    + 50 baht airport fee
                    Total= 400 baht

....to Pattaya
                    Mister Arse

Comment

(kahuna @ Oct. 13 2006,23:21) Official name
                      Suvarnabhumi Airport. The name Suvarnabhumi was chosen by HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej which means "The Golden Land", specifically referring to the continental Indochina. "Golden Peninsula"or "Golden Land" is a traditional name for the Thailand-Cambodia-Laos-Burma region

How is it pronounced
                      "su-wan-na-poom"

Thai: ท่าอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ
                      More precisely it says Suvarnabhumi airport.

Suvarnabhumi (sòo-wan-ná-poom) - สุวรรณภูมิ
                      Airport (tâa aa-gàat yaan ) - ท่าอากาศยาน

Comment

Thanks Ozzie,

Good work on the Thai pronounciation, it's spot on with the tone marks. You must of been studing Thai for quite some time.

Richard

Comment

(holly200 @ Oct. 14 2006,22:04) Thanks Ozzie,

Good work on the Thai pronounciation, it's spot on with the tone marks. You must of been studing Thai for quite some time.

Richard
                          I started an advanced certificate in languages at the start of last year but knew a little Thai before that well spoken Thai.

I actually enjoy learning a new language. Spent some time leanring Japanese also about over 10 years ago. To be honest Nihongo is much easier to learn than Thai for native English speakers.

I love the looks on the girls faces when the they are in the middle of a conversation and think you cannot understand a word and you jump in mid sentence. It is priceless

Comment

so are all flights coing thru the new airport? is the old one closed?

Comment

OK, this may sound petty but I am going in November. Arriaving around 10:45 PM on a staurday night. Realistically when can I put my first step on Nana ground?
                              This is assuming I travel light with nothing checked in and the minimum of time of getting lost etc.

Comment

Whoever designed this place should be shot dead .

1) The Design
                                The designer must have been a graduate from some modern art school  of minimilist industrial design as far as i can fathom and it is basically an underground car park but on ground level .

Its appears an un polished rough concrete shell with Iron  grid work but lacking taste. One massive problem is that the lighting seems to be LED technology which gives a very cold feeling , like a blue light with a deathly feel. Like a Cryogenic Chamber.  The staff look unhappy as most people are feeling suicidal by now and are trying to get out . i Didnt see one person shopping.
                                There is a big staff problem i was told as people cannot work there due to this creepy amosphere and dont bother turning up for work.

If you look above the Immigration desks you will see big puffs of what look like cand floss balls. These are fucking giant spiders webs stuck between the gridwork and i counted 16.

After a mile long walk down the corridor of doom you hit the hall. I thought i had arrived at Bolivia Domestic as it is about 12foot deep and choas was the order of the day. What a joke , i think i trampled on the same old dear that Stewart fell on and had to fight my way out of  the crowd .I The taxi queue was erratic and no formation so i got a limo at 900B and didnt haggle as im in a hurry to get to BKK which i did in 30 minutes.

In the high season this is going to be the worst airport in the world which i claim it already is. yes, the worst.

Comment

Working...
                                X