X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok Airport to Pattaya

Recently returned from trip to Thailand, and I wanted to reccomend Mr. Toom's taxi service that took me from the Bangkok airport to pattaya, and then back to the airport ten days later.

To arrange for the Airport pickup, I contacted Mr. Toom about one week prior to the date I needed the service.

When I cleared customs, I found one of the drivers for the service waiting for me with a sign with my name on it (so very easy to locate my ride). The driver was a young thai woman who was an very good careful driver. The car some type of late model honda/toyota sedan. Took about 2 hours or so to Pattaya.

I also arranged to use this service to get back to Bangkok from Pattaya. Once again, picked up in a timely manner, and good driver/car.

I paid 1200 Baht for the Airport to Pattaya service (each way. The fee included any tolls.

If anyone is interested his email is [email protected]. I saw Mr. Toom reccomended on another forum, and gave his service a try, and was glad I did.

It used to be that you could fly into BKK at 23:45 or so, a time when many flights arrive, clear immigration & customs, taxi to your hotel, check-in and clean up and then go out for a few hours of partying.  Not anymore!

But soon with a one hour or so taxi ride to Pattaya one can do all those things again because parts of Pattaya go all night.  No reason to spend your first night in BKK.  Make it a side trip destination, like Pattaya is for many of you now.   Go to BKK at convenient times and leave at convenient times as well.

I expect that by Christmas 2007 Pattaya is going to boom and BKK is going to be hit bigtime, and a lot of the ladies of either gender will be relocating to Pattaya.  They will go where the customers are.  And they are going to be in Pattaya.

Comment

I paid 1200 Baht for the Airport to Pattaya service (each way. The fee included any tolls.
      Very good price. What's the catch?

The guy I use is 1700 and he explained all the costs to me and reckoned on making 200 baht profit on 1700
      Mister Arse

Comment

(victorida @ Jul. 05 2006,06:39) I expect that by Christmas 2007 Pattaya is going to boom and BKK is going to be hit bigtime, and a lot of the ladies of either gender will be relocating to Pattaya.  They will go where the customers are.  And they are going to be in Pattaya.
        Umm...all the girls were in BKK last Christmas. And that's where they'll be this year.
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

it should cost 950 from pattaya to airport and 1200 from the airport to pattaya.
          i used to use Abel tours (soi 3) but his drivers didn't always meet me at airport so i'll give this one a go next time.
          cheers

Comment

Hey DP,

With apologies to katoeylover I am going to borrow his response to you on another thread.

"I have stopped knocking Pattaya as i think, as soon as the new airport is opened, most will go straight there and miss out Bangkok altogether. More choice for us!!!!  "

If most go straight to Pattaya do you think that the girls will go where the customers are, or will they stay in BKK just to entertain the those who refuse to acknowledge the future?  I agree with you that in 2006 things will stay the same, but by Christmas 2007 the migration will be well underway.  Stringfellows is only the beginning.

Comment

I have used Mr Toom on several occasions. Certainly would recommend, always on time and 1200baht.
              Can get cheaper Pattaya to Bangkok but not as reliable - No catch!

Tel numbers - 01-4827148 , 03-0178066

I will be booking him again on 2.9.06

Comment

(victorida @ Jul. 10 2006,07:41) Hey DP,

With apologies to katoeylover I am going to borrow his response to you on another thread.

"I have stopped knocking Pattaya as i think, as soon as the new airport is opened, most will go straight there and miss out Bangkok altogether. More choice for us!!!!  "

If most go straight to Pattaya do you think that the girls will go where the customers are, or will they stay in BKK just to entertain the those who refuse to acknowledge the future?  I agree with you that in 2006 things will stay the same, but by Christmas 2007 the migration will be well underway.  Stringfellows is only the beginning.
                Pattaya has always been renowned as THE sex spot in Thailand - all the new airport is going to do is take the mongers who used to spend a day or two in BKK before heading to Pattaya is to let them go straight there. I don't think its going to change anything, and if it does, its just going to stop those Pattaya-lovers from spending any time in Bangkok.
                I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

I don't think it will alter my LOS visit program. i can't see it adding more than 10-15mins to the Bangkok transit time.
                  Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

(tampanugget_2001 @ Jul. 05 2006,01:48) Recently returned from trip to Thailand, and I wanted to reccomend Mr. Toom's taxi service that took me from the Bangkok airport to pattaya, and then back to the airport ten days later.

To arrange for the Airport pickup, I contacted Mr. Toom about one week prior to the date I needed the service.

When I cleared customs, I found one of the drivers for the service waiting for me with a sign with my name on it (so very easy to locate my ride). The driver was a young thai woman who was an very good careful driver. The car some type of late model honda/toyota sedan. Took about 2 hours or so to Pattaya.

I also arranged to use this service to get back to Bangkok from Pattaya. Once again, picked up in a timely manner, and good driver/car.

If anyone is interested his email is [email protected]. I saw Mr. Toom reccomended on another forum, and gave his service a try, and was glad I did.
                    Gonna give this a shot for next Friday when I land in LOS to go to Pattayaland.

Comment

My last trip I got the bus from Ekamai...and it was allmost a brand new bus...fully air-con and surprisingly smooth...Best off all, it only took 1.45 Hr.
                      I don't know if they got all the busess the same or if it was one off...For 115bt that was verygood...

I'm not a cheap Charli not much anyway Just don't like the way thay drive the taxis, I fell safer with the bus...
                      So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

I think the buses at Ekami are great, they leave every 20 or 30 minutes, and if a bus is full they activate a spare.
                        The trip is usually just under 2 hours, but can be 3 if it is a busy time and traffic is bad.
                        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

i did that the last 2 times... Got off the plane, hopped on the Airport bus to Ekamai, got on the bus to Pattaya. Traffic on Soi Sukhumvit was bad, and getting out of BKK was bad.
                          This time, my flight from to the land of Smiles from the Land of CuckooClocks lands at about 2pm, and i don't want to go throught that hassle after an intercontinental flight. I'll be taking the bus back from Pattaya though.

Another question springs to mind: the bus makes a couple of stops when hitting Bangkok, before arriving at Ekamai. Is it worth getting off and getting on the BTS? It sometimes takes soooo much time to get to Ekamai, and then to get on BTS to Nana. Anyone tried that before?

Comment

The bus from Ekami is a good suggestion from Bangkok, but not directly from the airport.

The mystery of the bus stops remains...well...a mystery. Sometimes the bus goes straight From Ekami to Pattaya, but occasionally it makes some stops. I have never figured out the pattern in this. I can say that recently this has been happening LESS often. Last two trips I took the bus went right past On Nut, even though I would have liked to get out.
                            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

If for some reason you need to stay near the (old) airport for a night the Erawan Airport is a good choice. I was very happy withy the room.

Comment

Working...
                              X