X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting into the country with the current situatio

Just wondering if anybody knows how it is getting into the country with martial law being enforced. I was set to come the 1st of October but do now know if that is still the thing to do given what is happening. Can anyone who is there let me know how things are? And if they would recomend coming at a later time or if it is ok to come on the 1st?

Don't change your plans. Everything is fine and all existing routines are unaffected.

Comment

Ditto, no problems, get over here and enjoy!!
      Back in the scene after a couple of years away. And no that does not mean I was residing at her majesty's pleasure. God it is good to be back among the girls with that bit extra!

Comment

ATS has been my most reliable news source for on-the-ground coup info this week. Amerikan news has been off-course and lagging behind the times. The honest assessments I've been reading in the forums has convinced me to press on with my Thai vacation next week. I bringing my must-do ladyboy list, also courtesy of your posts. Thanks! Nice job.

Comment

The border crossing from Burma is closed, just in case your were transiting from Rangoon.
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I wonder how many people will be scared away.
            Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

None that we care about.

Comment

(post-op lover @ Sep. 22 2006,09:19) I wonder how many people will be scared away.  
                hopefully a lot!! Then cheaper flights and hotels all round!!
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

It's probably nothing but a friend of mine has had some things taken from his luggage on arrival. Nothing major, (my fucking Jaffa cakes, the bastards!) but his padlocks were busted open and the bags given a thorough screening!

Comment

I hope that the prices go down enough so that even I can afford a trip.

Then again, if conditions actually get that bad, I think the the LBs will flee the country.
                    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

(prime rib @ Sep. 21 2006,22:16) ATS has been my most reliable news source for on-the-ground coup info this week. Amerikan news has been off-course and lagging behind the times. The honest assessments I've been reading in the forums has convinced me to press on with my Thai vacation next week. I bringing my must-do ladyboy list, also courtesy of your posts. Thanks! Nice job.  

i'd actually been away from the forum for awhile.
                      i know i know, shame on me!
                      but this whole coup thing brought me back here to see what's really up.
                      and, in the process, has revitalized my desire to return to the LOS Kingdom.

jealous of you, i am, primerib!
                      enjoy enjoy

and tell us all about it.

Comment

Just arrived last night(Fri), and it's calm everywhere.

As I fly standby, this is good news for me - easier to get a seat; although the plane from Narita was still quite full.

Want to know how calm it really is? Check out the currency exchange: http://www.xe.com/ucc/ No drop that's noticeable! (I refer only to Can $)I was hoping for a better rate.

I think you all can keep your traveling plans. The coup now has the King's blessing(spoken or otherwise), I think and hope there will not be too much disturbance.

Have fun, everyone,

Ronin

Comment

I was out and about all over the place last night and everything is calm and business is as usual.
                          I didn't even see a soldier or a tank anywhere.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Sep. 22 2006,20:44) It's probably nothing but a friend of mine has had some things taken from his luggage on arrival. Nothing major, (my fucking Jaffa cakes, the bastards!) but his padlocks were busted open and the bags given a thorough screening!  
                            This has happened to me so many times that my general rule is that I don't travel with anything of ANY value in my checked luggage. I've even had unopened shaving cream and deodorant stolen (god if they need it that badly they have to steal it, then fuck it, let em have it). Now even for those kind of things I will break the seal and make it look like they have been used. I've even had some clothes and shoes taken!!!
                            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X