Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedia.co.uk

they charged me for 2 tickets!
    I definitly only bought 1 ticket.. after about 20 phone calls (average of half an hour for each call) and 5 months wait i was refunded money for extra ticket less an admin fee of £30. i'm unhappy about admin fee and have already wasted another hour on phone today but got cut off before sorted. they blame ethiad airways but i feel they have messed me around with this admin fee and hours and hours of phone calls which very little info given to me each time.

they agreed immediatley they were in the wrong charging me for 2 tickets, yet they gave very little info to me about a refund blaming the airline- i.e. they should have refunded me immediatley and got the money back off the airline themselves as it was their mistake.

I always use

www.onlinetravel.com

Never had any problems with them, I booked my flight to    with them last tuesday afternoon ( 19 th sept )  and the paper tickets (Etihad airways ) arrived next day, plus got a great price of 405 pounds from Manchester

But they did not tell me about the Coup that was gonna happen 6 hours later though

Dave...
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Just a quick search on the internet seems to confirm your experience was NOT unusual!

Expedia  would not help in anyway of bringing a holiday booked with them foreward three weeks to help us arrange our dream wedding. I offered to pay reasonable costs but all they could do was offer cancellation at a 100 per cent charge equaling £2000.00  We are gutted and so wish we'd booked with a travel agent who may charge more but give a service that Expedia can not and will not provide.   You are talking to robots with no customer service skills and at the end of the week get there wage and have no conscience whatsoever in not being able to help in just a small way by picking up a phone and at least trying on your behalf. It`s a big company that doesn`t care one bit about you the customer.  The internet is great for cheap holidays but you get what you pay for.  Black and white standard flip chart replies without a bit of humanity or understanding.
      Very poor and bad experience with them all round. Gutted. I yearn for the day a large company actually cares fot its customers. I have a small business and would be bankrupt if I treated my customers this way. My partner works in a huge office and word of mouth will hopefully take custom away from companies like Expedia and make them sit up and listen to customers. For us it will be too late by then, dream wedding plans shattered.
      The story is too long and too gruesome to relate in detail.   Confirmed reservations that weren€™t confirmed, €œE€ tickets that couldn€™t be picked up without paper tickets that couldn€™t be issued and a $100 fee for the fictional paper tickets.   Total incompetence and flat-out lies from literally every person we spoke to, and there were a lot of calls!   We spent hours on hold from international locations while we received an incredible variety of false reassurances and incorrect information.

We finally called our professional, reliable travel agent in the US and in 15 minutes we were taken care of.   Beware of Expedia.com and use a good travel agency.   The cost on the face of it may be a little higher, but there won€™t be any hidden fees. Actually, the fare was lower through our agent.   More importantly, you will actually get where you wanted to go.   Expedia.com will leave you stranded.
      I had a horrible experience using EXPEDIA. EXPEDIA lied and tried to keep money from my credit card for a service that was never provided. I decided to run a website to alert as many people as I can. Thanks to my credit card I could recover 1,254 .96 U$D that EXPEDIA tried to keep it in a fraudulent way. All expedia€™s representative (agents, supervisors and customer advisors) lied to me many times.  EXPEDIA also ignored my e-mails when I was complaining about my case or just sent "automated responses" to try to make me believe they were taking care of my case.
      My problem, like many other people, is that I trusted EXPEDIA. In my case, the problem was generated by EXPEDIA but they never accepted their responsibility. Only after I provided plenty of evidence of EXPEDIA lies I could recover the full amount of an international ticket.
      You can make a simple search using yahoo or google for "expedia" and "complaints" and you will find hundreds of horrible stories like mine.

Hope my bad experience might help other people to avoid having their trip ruined by EXPEDIA.
      www.victimsofexpedia.com

The crap company even has it's own 'fan' site!  

Comment

I'm aware that this link doesn't work. We are getting this fixed. It's a forum glitch!

http://www.victimsofexpedia.com/

Comment

never had problems with :

http://www.ebookers.com/

or

Lastminute.com

but usually book flights direct with the airlines.
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I don't know if Expedia UK and Expedia US would be any different in their management.

I can say that I used to book all my business travel flights around the US through Expedia and I was always very pleased with the results. They were consistently the best price around, and I never had any logistical problems fall through.

This was about 3 years ago, so things may have changed.

Just my $0.02

Comment

http://seejulie.com URL text

Comment

tag test

Comment

hotlink in

Comment

Working...
                  X