X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the best use of holidays

If you've had the pleasure of sampling the delights of Thailand in real life then I hope you'll appreciate my dilemma.

It's now three months since I returned from my first trip to LOS in nine years and I am itching to go back (not physically itching in case anyone's wondering).

I timed my trip to coincide with the World Cup...I was on my own and  thought it would be good fun in the bars during the tournament.

As it turns out, I was right and so I'm now thinking of going back for the Rugby World Cup next September.

It does make a lot of sense...I can go for maybe three or four weeks (only had 12 days in June), have a much more relaxed time, meet a lot more girls and maybe even get over the jet lag at some stage.

The problem is this...next September seems like a long long way away right now.

Now I assume most of you, like me, have a full time job with 25 to 30 days holidays (or vacation if you're in the US) per year and can't just disappear off to Pattaya any time you like...for me it's a day's travel just to get to Bangkok.

So my question is, how often do most of you travel and for how long ?
    jet712

3 to 4 times/year for 2 weeks at a time at present. And its not enough!!
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I know this might not solve your problem but just find more time to go. I get up and go at the last minute when things are a little quiet and also sometimes take a small amount of work with me. Like my last trip I booked the day before and was supposed to stay for 4 days only but ended up staying 10. That was an unplanned trip.

I have another one for 3 weeks in November which I planned at the the start of the year. So I tend to plan 2 a year and then try to sneak in a few unplanned.

This year after my next trip I would have been in Thailand for 2 months since January and it is still not enough

Comment

If you are waiting almost a year for your next trip then your life is screwed up.

Re-organise your schedule and priorities and do yourself a favour...

Comment

And if you're in the US, what kind of job do you have that gives you 25-30 days of vacation per year? Because I think the other 250 million Americas who don't get nearly that much vacation want to know!

As it takes me near 24-hours travel time each way, I've found that its best to go for longer trips on a less frequent basis. The time it takes to get there and back, coupled with expensive ticket prices, makes me think that in the future my trips will be far less frequent (although I was in LOS for a total of 40 days since the new year and made 3 trips in less than 9 months) but longer in duration. I don't know how you can survive not going for a year though...so I'd plan something much sooner than that!
          I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

4 times a year 2-3 weeks each time.

Comment

1) if your PTO is not segregated into vacation and sick days never ever call in sick no matter how shitty u feel.

2) Consider vacations on holiday weeks.  For example some companies give both Turkey Day and turkey Friday off.  Good time for a trip.

3) Ask the boss for an unpaid leave of absence.  Many companies offer this if your departnment approves.  It's rarely used cause most employees don't want this.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Sep. 30 2006,23:37) 1) if you're PTO is not segregated into vacation and sick days never ever call in sick no matter how shitty u feel.
                Spoken like a true ladyboy lover.
                I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(PigDogg @ Sep. 30 2006,17:37) 1) if you're PTO is not segregated into vacation and sick days never ever call in sick no matter how shitty u feel.
                  In U.K you do get 25-30 payed sick days well on top of your holidays(I get 29days) so 2weeks off sick is no problem...

3, times a year... LOS.
                  So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Oct. 01 2006,01:08) Spoken like a true ladyboy lover.
                    Even before we shifted to a PTO system I'd never waste a sicjk day on being sick. Would putthem to good use on 3 day weekends.

Comment

Theres never enough time for the sheer quantity of LB's, just can't get enough!!
                      Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Thanks guys, starting to see the light now.

....Dimmy...I feel your pain on US vacations....sounds like a sh*t deal to me...thankfully I'm in liberal Europe....not quite as liberal as LOS but I'm happy !
                        jet712

Comment

Well, you could always be a district attorney in Colorado.
                          Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

3 times a year 2 of them of 6-8 weeks

then the other just a quick 10 days somewhere in between.....
                            I know FAR MORE THAN YOU DO
                            https://asiants.com
                            https://ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Are you a taxi driver?
                              Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                              Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X