X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Trip in April

Ive been to Thailand for holiday before, but in April I want to go alone to erm have some time off and enjoy some LB's... ?I only want to go to Bangkok and will be travelling alone.

Do guys on this site meet up to travel together, safety in numbers etc? Or is a solo holiday like this a safe thing to do?
    I happy to pay out for a good hotel etc

Im sure many of you have done the same so I welcome any insight you guys can offer.

thanks

Rich

It is perfectly safe on your own as long as you treat the place with respect and dont take the piss.

There are a number of expats who post regularly so i would post a thread in the calendar forum nearer the time and hook up with some of the locals who will be happy to show you around for the cost of a few beers.

Enjoy your trip!!
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Hello Richessex,

I've been to quite a few places around the world.  Some I would rather not go back to.

While Bangkok is not one of the best looking  -  or cleanest cities in the world  -  I regard it as one of the safest to walk around  -  especially as a tourist.

Like anywhere use your common sense.  Avoid wearing expensive watches/jewelry.  Only take enough cash for the day/night.  Leave your credit cards in the hotel.

If herself asks me to go and get something at 2am from the 7-11 in Bangkok I have no hesitation.  In London I would seriously think twice in many areas.
      Sad to say I now have to do the same in my own local city in the UK.

In short  -  don't worry  -  go enjoy yourself  

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

Hey! rich I'm gonna be there 30 april to 3rd may!!
        Wanna get a beer and explore?? PM me!
        Gizmo!
        If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

I just came back from my first trip to BK and it was solo. Stayed at the Majestic Suites (very good location) for 7 days total. I was walking around all hours of the night and never felt in any danger. You'll have a blast. I'm not sure when I can go again but I think about it daily.

Comment

I am always solo. I do not meet up with others while hunting LBs because of privacy. My decision.

When in Bangkok, don't "flash wealth" and best not to walk around with pockets full of heaps of money. And best not to put a lot of trust in someone you just met. Good advice anywhere, I think.

On the whole, BKK is safe.

Comment

I travel by myself and the worst thing that ever happens to me is having to get on that airplane for home...

Safe, friendly and fun...

And you'll meet some other guys there, whether by choice or by chance...Follow Katoeylover's advice and post your dates in the Calendar Forum when you get closer to your trip...

I'll be there until mid-April at least...Maybe  longer if I can ever figure out how to extend my visa...
              "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Thanks guys, really appreciate the replies.
                Looking at flights today so will have an idea of dates soon.

How about hotels thought, do places like Hilton have a issue with taking guests back.... alot

Comment

You'll find all your answers concerning hotels here...

http://asiantsgirls.com/cgi-bin/boar...=ST;f=9;t=4995
                  "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Remember Songrkran, Thai New Year, is April 13-16.
                    Which you will either love, or hate.
                    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

..funny you should mention Songkran...I was thinking about traveling at that time back to BKK.....maybe south this time too....BUT if the bars and clubs are closed and the LB's go home to the family....I'll plan my trip to avoid Songkran....I would think a 3 day New Year's bash could be wild.....unless the gov't and king shut things down to keep people at home with their families..........what is the general Forum consensus on Songkran? aloha
                      ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

Bars are open, and Nana has a "no water after 6pm" policy. But some girls do go home.

However Songkron is one of the best/easiest times to pick up a Ladyboy, especially in The Khao San road area.

I love Songkron, but I know that some people HATE it.

The timing for Songkron varies a bit, Bangkok is 13-16, Pattaya 18-20 (usually), the North often starts celebrating a little earlier than the 13th.
                        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

thanks for the good info Snick...I'll figure that into my plans for 2007..........and do my homework regarding where I'll be and when that district is celebrating it..........aloha....
                          ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

I have been to LOS 10 times and 8 off them was solo..
                            NO PROBLEMO...
                            So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

there is not safety if you're on all four and talesha or rita is lubing up .. other than that you will have a pleasant stay

Comment

Working...
                              X