X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does A Thai Get A Thai Passport?

I was thinking of taking a short side trip to Angor Wat next trip and bringing my teerak. I don't think she has a passport.

Can a Thai get a passport in the Pattaya area?  Is her ID all the documentation she needs for the passport?
    How long does it take? Months? Days?

Any problems for her in Cambodia cause she's a ladyboy?

And lastly, is Angor so amazing that it's worth the trip?

PD, I think her ID card is all she needs to apply, but I think she has to go to Bangkok for the passport to be issued. Here is a website she can check (Thai gov't portal).

Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs

As for Angkor Wat - highly recommended, but ask your teerak if she is interested in that sort of thing - not everyone likes historical sites. I saw it in 2005. Spent 2 nights 3 days, but that certainly was not enough to see everything. Would recommend 4 nights to see most of the huge site.

Have fun, and I hope your teerak is interested - much better to see it with someone you love!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Thanks RX.

Think she would like as she is always Buddha and liked the Grand Palace.

Think I'll mention it and if she's motivated to go to BKK for the passport then we'll go. If not that's a sign she's not interested.

Comment

From the website the part about passports in English is under construction.

Comment

Yes, but fairly sure the Thai version has the necessary information. Just get her to take a look at it, or another Thai friend to translate, if you want to be sure of the info.

Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread

Comment

There is an office upstairs near the parking area of Central Bang Na that issues Thai passports. They are issued quickly, too, within a week or so.  

Comment

So Central bang Na is the most convenient location for most of us Sttogie?

Info

Seems like there's three places.

Which ones are easy to get too from Pattaya?

Are any near good places to stay in BKK? Or near BTS?

How can one get a passport without submittinng a photo as website implies.

Will speed of issuance be faster at main office?

Comment

2. Originals of the above-mentioned documents must be presented together with one copy €œcertified true € of each document

Wher can one get a certified true copy in Pattaya/Jomtien?

Comment

Hi PD, found some information about the attestation of documents in Thailand - apparently they do not have "notary publics" yet, but certain lawyers can attest that a copy is true. Here is some info found on a Thai lawyers site:

Notary Public in Thailand
                  One of the most frequent questions which law offices in Thailand have been asked is: €œDo you have a Notary Public Service in your law office?€ or €œCan I get a document certified by Notary Public in your law office?€
                  Those questions are asked either by foreigners or by Thai people who have contract or business with a foreigner.
                  The precise answer which may cause disappointment is: €œThere is no Notary Public in Thailand€
                  In various countries, a Notary Public is a special kind of lawyer with a license to perform specific work, i.e., to authenticate a document, or to witness an affidavit or the statement of any person under oath. The Notary Public provides a very useful service in that when a person receives a notarized document, affidavit or statement, he will recognize it as being authentic because it has been certified by a licensed neutral person who guarantees the document. A document that has be! en certified by a Notary Public is likewise recognized by government and other official agencies.
                  Even though there is no Notary Public in Thailand, when a client requests for the Notary Public Service, we may assist our client as follows:
                  1. We will advise our client to inform the related person precisely that there is no Notary Public in Thailand and recommend our client to ask the related person whether he will accept the document authenticated by a reputable licensed lawyer in Thailand instead of a Notary Public. In most case, if such document or transaction is performed in the private sector, the answer of the related person will be positive.
                  2. On the other hand, if such document is to be presented to an official agency in another country, we advise that after the document is authenticated by a reputable licensed lawyer in Thailand, it should then be re-authenticated by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs or else by the Embassy of the countr! y in which the document will be presented.
                  Recently, ! the Law Society of Thailand has the idea of proposing a new law to introduce the Notary Public Service in Thailand but it may take a long time before such law is enacted.
                  Consequently, the aforementioned advice is appropriate for the time being. "

Even though there is no Notary Public System in Thailand, the Thai Law Society has tried to solve this problem by establishing the Registry of Signature and Document Attestation to train lawyers, who will perform the duty to certify signatures and documents, as so called Notarial Services Attorneys; and also to register the Notarial Services Attorneys for the purpose of verification.

Besides this, the Thai Law Society has also notified the international embassies in Thailand concerning the roles and the duties of the registered Thai Notarial Services Attorneys, which should be accepted at an international level until Thailand establishes a formal Notary Public System.

I would imagine if you check there should be a lawyer in Pattaya/Jomtien who can attest to a true copy. I read one charge was 600 Baht, so be sure they do not ask for more than that.

Hope this helps!

Membership Levels
                  The Rookie Thread

Comment

..I was at Angkor Wat in Oct 06.....actually met a LB in Siem Reap one night...spent 2 nights with her and went to a local disco with her without any problems..........however, I got bad vibes in Phenom Penh when I ask about LB's......"we don't like fuckling fags around here".........
                    ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/472.php

I've been to the MFA facility on Chaeng Wattana Road (near the old airport at Don Maung) with a LB friend as she was picking up her passport. It seemed like a very effificent operation.

Thai passports are good for five (5) years. It will say "Mr." on the passport.

Applying for an ordinary passport
                      A Thai citizen who wishes to apply for an ordinary passport is requested to present the Passport Division with the completed application form, his/her birth certificate and identity card, or instead of an identity card, whichever document has been issued by the Ministry of Interior as a substitute.
                      Procedure
                      1.Checking the identity card of the applicant
                      2.Taking a photograph
                      3.Paying application fees
                      4.Making a record of the applicants€™ signature and issuing a passport application receipt

Applicants will be able to collect the passport 3 working days after the day of application. In the case of applications made at a Passport Office in a provincial area, applicants will be able to receive the passport 10 working days after the day of application.

Mission and Objective

The main function of the Passport Division which is a government agency attached to the Department of Consular Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is to provide Thai people with services in issuing passports and travel documents.
                      The Passport Division is pleased to serve all those who wish to apply for a passport. Applicants are requested to submit applications in person at the Department of Consular Affairs, Chaeng Wattana Road or at one of our local Passport Offices any working day during office hours. Each applicant will need about 30 minutes to complete the application process and will be able to collect the passport after 3 working days if the application is made at one of the Passport Offices in Bangkok.
                      To apply for passport extension and amendment, the applicant will be able to collect the passport on the same day. In addition, the Passport Division also runs a mobile passport unit to serve people in provincial areas.
                      The Passport Division pledges its efforts to promote and develop passport services for the benefit of the public in line with the People-Oriented Diplomacy Policy, thereby enabling the public to enjoy a convenient and fast service. As a result, the passport service division has received the Certificate ISO 9002 as guarantee of a quality passport service system.
                      For Thai people abroad who wish to use the passport services of the Royal Thai Embassies or the Royal Thai Consulates-General, application forms and advice about filling in the form can be downloaded from this website. In case you have any inquiries concerning passport services, the Passport Division would be very pleased to provide answers and advice.

Working Hours for Passport Services
                      Monday €“ Friday from 8.00 am €“ 3.30 pm
                      Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Official Holidays
                      Attached Files

Comment

Angkor Wat is a must see - if not for her (you're very right rxpharm!) then definitely for you! I can recommend the tour by boat from or to PP. Don't fly in and out Siem Reap, the river landscape is just fantastic!
                        Hotel tip in SR: Angkor Village. Beautiful old teakwood houses and a nice pool.

Enjoy,
                        MK
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Working...
                        X