X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour Packages

Are tour packages worth it?  You know, see the sights during the day, stalk the bars that evening...  

I feel uncomfortable going to another country, not speaking the language, not knowing my way around, etc...  I'll only be there for a few days and don't want to spend all day trying to find my way around.

Thanx

From a financial standpoint, you can sometimes get some good deals with regard to packages involving airfares & accommodation, however often many of these package hotels aren't "ladyboy or gg friendly", so keep that in mind. Also, check out the location of any hotel that a travel agent books on your behalf. I assume you would like to be close to the nightlife ?

Personally, I much prefer to book my own flights and choose a hotel that suits my needs in every regard.

Thailand is so heavily geared towards tourism that being able tp speak Thai isn't important. You will manage to get around and communicate your requirements without too much bother.

Some people like having a detailed itinerary, and having every moment planned out, so if you are one these type, it may suit you to book this style of holiday.

Cheers
    Koykaeng
    Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

You could get some information about the Hotels available to you if you book a package deal then let us know here in the forum and we can tell you where it's located in relationship to Nana and most important if it's LB friendly.

Comment

When I first went to Thailand many years ago i took the package air and hotel packages. But with the advent of the internet one can now book airfares and hotels online. Then once you have done that book your day trips from the travel desk in the hotel. That way you can control how long you wish to spend doing this activity. The tour desk will also give you BTS and MTR maps for trains, skytrain travel. Just post some threads and the guys will help you out. best of luck

Comment

Airfare is expensive.

Hotels are dirt cheap.

Tourist stuff can easily be arranged in Thailand.  My girlfriend and I had some time to kill before a flight in Trang so we arranged to ride elephants.  They drove us for a half hour to and from the place plus we spent a half hour riding elephants it was 15 bucks each.

And i've taken organized all days tours in other places for 15 bucks.

Or if in Bangkok, hop in a cab and go to the Grand Palace, cab fare might be 3 bucks.  Addmision 5 bucks.

Or have a ladyboy be your private tour guide!  

Comment

Hello id1138,

Welcome to the forum.

You can get some good deals with packages - but like with anything it pays to shop around.

As has been mentioned above - hotels in Thailand are cheap - a good 3* hotel in Bangkok is about 2000Baht/night (£30 - $60 US)
            Most of the packages I have seen put you in a hotel away from the nightlife.  This is not a problem as taxis in Bangkok are very cheap and there are plenty of them.

There are some very good hotels near Nana which means you will be within walking (staggering?   ) distance of the best selection of bars at Nana Plaza (NEP)
            Also you will be only a short walk and train ride (on the BTS) to most of the other entertainment and shopping in the city centre.

I book my own airline tickets on the internet - the cheapest flights from the UK can usually be found on one of the following;

Airline-network.co.uk
            Expedia.co.uk
            Ebookers.com
            Travel4less.co.uk

If you book 60+ days in advance or at the last minute you will get the best prices.  Also March and October are cheap times to fly to Thailand.

As for the language  -  the hotel staff will speak reasonable/good English.  Most shop/bar/restaurant staff the same.
            Our illustrious leader Mr. Stogie Bear claims not to speak any Thai and he lives there  

Maps - get a BTS map free from any main BTS station.
            I buy a Bangkok Bus map 40Baht from most book shops - this shows all the main tourist places - all the shopping centres and many of the hotels.
            The only thing of interest that it misses off is Nana Plaza  

RR.
            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
            Kahuna

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jan. 27 2007,01:54) Hotels are dirt cheap.
              The hotels YOU stay in are "dirt cheap" PD

Dave...
              Your got yer Mother in a whirl
              Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jan. 27 2007,09:54) Or have a ladyboy be your private tour guide!  
                Thats what I did first night in BKK LTimed a girl from Cascades next day got her to take me round Chatachuck
                Market, She even carried all the stuff I bought
                It's never okay for men to cry! You know who cries? Girls. And little babies. And little baby girls.

Comment

(mister_smith @ Jan. 27 2007,14:39) She even carried all the stuff I bought  
                  Your all heart mister smith
                  Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                  Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I knew I was doing something wrong !!

I always seem to end up carrying all the stuff Herself buys

RR.
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                    Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ Jan. 27 2007,17:08) I knew I was doing something wrong !!    

I always seem to end up carrying all the stuff Herself buys    

RR.

Comment

Working...
                      X