Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qatar air

Hi Guys
    Do you know if you have to re confirm your booking when flying with Qatar Air.

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Hello Big Tel,

We flew with them in January and did not re-confirm anything.

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

Yes, they do: see here from their home page:

Flight Confirmations

Yes, Qatar Airways requires our passengers to re-confirm their reservations at least 72 hours prior to departure.

Qatar Airways

I know this applies to the return flights, but I am not so sure about the outbound flights.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Hello Rxpharm,

I gave up trying to re-confirm airflights about 10 years ago after wasting too much of my time with with automated telephone systems - OK I'm a Luddite at heart

Like I said above we flew in early Jan with Qatar and we did not confirm anything.

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

I didnt reconfirm with them when i travellled last september.

Am flying with them again in April and probably wont re-confirm.
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

hmm, I guess it depends on how strict the ground agents are. A friend of mine lost her return flight from Malaysia back to Abu Dhabi last year with Qatar Airways because she did not reconfirm her return flight. She had to wait until the next day to get a flight back. Perhaps it also depends on how overbooked a flight is as well. Well known notorious practice airlines do to cover "no shows" so the plane is full. Sell more seats than the plane capacity gambling the no shows do not arrive and end up with a full plane anyway.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

You don't have to re-confirm with Qatar.

A friend of mine lost her return flight from Malaysia back to Abu Dhabi last year with Qatar Airways because...
              Your friend looked like an easy target for the airline. And she didn't have the inside scoop on what to say...

She should have insisted that she DID reconfirm (yes, lied!) and insist on a hotel and a first class upgrade for her trip.

Comment

(BigTel @ Feb. 16 2007,19:35) Hi Guys
                              Do you know if you have to re confirm your booking when flying with Qatar Air.

Hi Tel,

Im booked with Qatar too on the 29th April, Im just gonna turn up at  Manchester Airport and not confirm,

Ive got my e-ticket so thats enough for me

I will phone you and let you know how it goes

I cant see any problems at all,

Most airlines or companies ASK you to CONFIRM your flights  but Ive never done it yet and never had any problems with my flights

We will be meeting up in Pattaya as planned on the 2nd May for sure Tel dont worry

Dave...
                Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Thank's R R, RXP, K L and Dave, lokks like I will go with the consensus and not bother with the reconfirming the flight, it is always a hastle just trying to get through anyway.

Yes Dave I am certainly looking forward to our meet up on the second, we are going to have fun.

all the best guys

Terry
                  If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

Working...
                  X