Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever flown China Air using FF Miles?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever flown China Air using FF Miles?

That's what I'll be doing but keep getting different answers from customer service reps re when I actually have to ticket the reservation I made.

Sounds like China Air. They've gotten much better in the air (10 years ago, their flight attendants were afraid to look you in the eye). But they are still a bit clueless on the ground. I was on one flight LA to HK through Guangzhou and they were rounding up all the transfer passengers because they hadn't gotten china visas. Go figure.

Comment

Or maybe that was China Southern ... China air is the Taiwan outfit that keeps crashing their planes, right?

Comment

I have been using China Airlines (CAL) for many years now and infact recently clocked up half a million miles with them on the Amsterdam-Bangkok route. The frequent flyer (Dynasty Club) programme is good but no where near as great as it used to be because these days a lot more miles are required to make the Economy-Biz Class upgrade.
        I enjoy using CAL but then again I should cos since 93, I have only used the Biz class service because even without using air miles, it is much cheaper than any of the others except Eva who also operate out of Taiwan.

Comment

Be Safe fly a US Airliner or Cathay
          You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Nothing wrong with Cathay, but there is always a bigger risk in using an American carrier these days.
            Sure China Airlines don't have a great safety record

Comment

I flew China Air for a few years but it became to hard to get a ticket. You could not book on line and it became impossible to upgrade to business. The new seats with all the electronics in them just pinched my fat ass to much.
              Started using EVA economy delux and I ask myself what took so long. It is a great airline and service is very good.

Comment

(pentire @ Feb. 28 2007,20:13) Nothing wrong with Cathay
                Except the bill ... they do tend to be a lot more expensive .. but great service

Comment

Cathay is absolutely the best airline around. Can't put US based airlines in the same category as CX when it comes to quality, safety, reliability and especially service - both on the ground and in the air. CX is worth the extra cost in my opinion - and the Marco Polo frequent flyer club is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                  X