X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrivals new airport

Always before when i would arrival at Don Muang i would find it easier to go up stairs to the departures and catch a cab droping off , don t get me wrong iam not trying to save the 50 baht airport surcharge its was just faster!

I do believe u can still go upstairs at the new airport and catch a cab the same way ??

Sorry if this as been covered before , not been back since last sept. so never been to the new airport !
    petereast

Actually, its quite the opposite;

1. Collect your baggage and exit into the arrivals area where you will be harassed by all the touts and limousine drivers offering you the earth.

2. Ignore them, and take the escalator down one level.

3. Exit the buiding and you will see a counter for meter taxis which operates in the same manner as Don Muang did before.

4. Nana Plaza here we come.......

Cheers
    Koykaeng
    Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

What gets me is at Don Muang they had a booth for the taxi controllers and fixed railings to control the queue.

At Suvarnabhumi it's like they were not expecting any taxis - taxis at an airport?
      So instead of a booth they had to get a couple of desks out of an office and dump them on the side of the road and the queue just goes where it will.

TIT

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

By the time i arrive in BKK, I just can't be arsed,..... Limo service get me out of here! Yes I get ripped off, a whole £30, for 2hrs ( to Pattaya ) sat in a nice enviroment, not getting pestered, "you pay toll Mr".. etc etc & there are cheaper arrangements for Limo's. Its just one of those things I can't be bothered with.

I have never got to my hotel door in Pattaya in much less than 2hrs, i am sure there will be tho's that have.
        Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more Rob, I use the same guy each trip 1800 Baht plus I throw in 200 tip, always punctual and extremly reliable.

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

(petereast @ Mar. 12 2007,16:11) Always before when i would arrival at Don Muang i would find it easier to go up stairs to the departures and catch a cab droping off , don t get me wrong iam not trying to save the 50 baht airport surcharge its was just faster!

I do believe u can still go upstairs at the new airport and catch a cab the same way  ??

Sorry if this as been covered before , not been back since last sept. so never been to the new airport !
            You can also do that but its the top floor departures you want - I usually grab a starbucks on the way up to feed my caffeine addiction during the journey.

JB
            Too old to die young!

Comment

Thanks everyone iam going to have 2 nights in bkk then down to pattaya , i know what u mean Robin after the flight u just don t need to be worried about anything , i guess i shall work it out can t be that hard
              petereast

Comment

On arrival at the new airport, once thru' immigration, baggage claim & customs, you will see the limo service desk, they had a desk in the baggage claim area too, same price as i recal. I think they call themselves AITA or ATIA Limousine service, ( something like that ) but its about the most expensive way to do it. But its hassle free & reasonbly stressless.

Good luck!
                Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Arnt there any buses to Pattaya from the airport?

Comment

Understand me right, its not the bath I wanna save its my life. the minibuses drivers all think they are Michael Schumacher, and Im not in a hurry.. wants to get there, not end up in a road crash..... Cha-Cha.. so...any public aircon buses from the airport?

Comment

billy69 posted some excellent information about a private bus service (not minibus) that runs from the new Airport to Pattaya.

Here is his post from March 29:

Here you go Pigdogg..
                      I use them at my last trip...
                      From Airport to Pattaya---8:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00. From Pattaya to Airport---6:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00. Travel time, airport to Pattaya or vice versa is about two hours depending on the traffic. The pick up point at the airport is at Level one ( ground floor) at exit number 7. No need to go to the transportation center. You need to call the office for a reservation.or just call them when you land.. Bangkok number 0-2747-4675 or Pattaya number 038-370-055. The Bell representative will meet you at door number 7 and take you to the bus. Delivery to hotel all in 150 baht. They will take you to your hote Nice buses and very good service at a reasonable price.
                      Bell Travel services will drop you off at the hotel; this service is already included. Using a taxi (bath bus just for you alone, it might costs you around 120 to 150 TBT.

Check out the full post here:

Baht bus from Pattaya Bus Station

Thanks again to billy69 for this tip!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                      Membership Levels
                      The Rookie Thread
                      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Guys you are missing a very critical point.

Taxis run by the airport are run by the mafia. They are often decrepid, old broken down cars with half criminal, half drunk drivers.

The taxis in the city are generally all the opposites. Clean, new, decent driver.

So the original post is correct. Try and go to departures to get a city taxi vs airport taxi. Avoiding a queue is part of it, but the car and driver are much, much better, and you are safer this way.

I travel every 2nd week of the year, minimum. I never, ever take the arrivals taxis after many near-death experiences. My advice is get a limo or get a departures taxi which has just arrived from the city.

Comment

Thanks rxpharm
                          I had read that but just couldn´t find it, and thanks to Billy, thats very useful information on me in Pattaya

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Apr. 08 2007,11:57) Guys you are missing a very critical point.

Taxis run by the airport are run by the mafia. They are often decrepid, old broken down cars with half criminal, half drunk drivers.
                            I'm not certain that I agree with Ziggy here...I've been in and out of the new airport 5 times this trip and have always gone down and have never had to wait and have always had a newer and clean taxi with a sober and cautious (by Thai standards) driver...It costs an extra 50 bht...but you don't have to negotiate a price and you are always assured that the meter is on...

I have had some very wild "E" ticket rides out to the airport however...

kahuna
                            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

What can I say? I did 200 trips last year. It's a matter of percentages. Maybe you had a lucky week.

Comment

Working...
                              X