X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good tailor?

anyone know of a good tailor in the bangkok area who does good work at a reasonable price. i would like to get a bunch of shirts, slacks and a couple of suits made.

suggestions would be great.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
    FORT MINOR-REMEMBER THE NAME

There are a lot of tailor shops in the Sukhumvit area, but for recommendations, there is a thread in the past that listed a few:

Tailors

Personally I have had a couple of suits, 10 dress shirts and pants done at Ambassador Tailors on Sukhumvit Soi 11, opposite the Ambassador Hotel. They did a good job and these are still fine after 8 years of wear.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Beethoven on soi 26 is very good, it was recommended to me by some Thai friends. I got a nice suit with Italian fabric their
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I am not a great fan of these tailor shops - I have yet to find a 'good' quality suit at a reasonable price. I have shirts made here but for suits I much prefer just buying something like a Hugo Boss suit and then getting it altered if it needs it - the quality of the fabric and stiching is far higher on something like this than 99% of what you would get from a tailor shop in Thailand. A friend of mine ordered a couple and he ended up looking like a cross between Norman Wisdom and Liberace - truly awful fitting suit, stuffed in all the wrong places and the stitching sucked.

I do know of one guy who has suits made and they seem to be pretty good - the tailor is in the Landmark Hotel shopping complex but I dont know which one of the tailors it is.

Cheers
        Mardhi

Comment

I can recommend St Marco, first tailors in Soi 15.  Had shirts, trousers & one suit made there over the last year  
          TT

Comment

ok.

roughly how much would you pay for say 10 shirts as package deal?
            how about two suits?

i have no idea what the costs should be in the LOS.......obviously i would rather avoid getting screwed by my tailor.
            .....hhmmm unless the tailor looks like a hot LB!

Comment

I recently used Jackies on corner of Sukhumvit soi 9

Black trousers for work 1800 Baht
              6 shirts at 850 Baht each
              All made to measure

I have paid cheaper prices elsewhere before, but these are definitely better quality than I got before. They will make adjustments for free, and they give you a reference number against which they hold your measurements. So, next time I will just e-mail them in advance and they will be waiting for me

Anyone got any comments on these prices? Like I said, I have paid less before and quality wa so so
              Mister Arse

Comment

will make adjustments for free, and they give you a reference number against which they hold your measurements.
                Not getting any smaller then...

Comment

Hi Relpax

You also want to consider getting hand made shoes  . I have one foot a bit bigger than the other so this was a godsend finding two places that make to measure leather shoes in your own style.

Ill dig out the details if you want.Its down Surawong Rd near Patpong.

Even some shoe shops around Silom offer some of the finest  quality off the shelf shoes for small money. I brought back a pair to my shoe mender and he said that a 1500baht pair that i bought in Silom Centre would cost £300 in London, he couldnt believe it!

I go shopping aound Silom Rd out of habit as ive used to stay there for many years so i know the area very well and i have a few friends that work there. There also a few tailors near this area if you want to look shirts etc etc.

TC

Comment

tomcat, stewarts and guys

thanks for the valuable info.
                    i will definitely have to check out these places.

R

Comment

I agree - not great for suits but ok for work trousers and shirts.

I still wear some trousers i had made in Singapore 3 or 4 years ago and they are still fine.
                      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

the tailors at the side of majestic suites made some clothes for me several years ago. they were great.

Comment

Not trying to sound like a snob, but there are suits and there are suits.
                          I wouldnt want to buy a suit that wasnt well made etc, even if to 99.99% of people it would look fine.

So if you are happy with what you have bought thats great but another of us will perhaps be critical of the quality... same for pretty much any purchase.

Comment

Hi,

I have limited experience of the quality of suits made in Thailand. However, my friend had a suit and four shirts made whilst in Samui in November and asked for them to be shipped to the UK upon his return.

"No problem", was the reply, "they will be there when you return". And they where, with a £54 bill from UPS for import duty. Apparently if you ask for them to be shipped to your home country you will be charged the import duty. This is not a cost that the tailors will inform you of.

My suggestion is, avoid the shipping/duty costs and take the suits/shirts directly home with you.

Regards.

Tiao

Comment

Not to beat this topic too death, but does anyone know a decent tailor in Pattaya?

Needless to say I am leary of going to one of those Indian tailors who molests you on walking street. I guess everyone has to make a living, but by the fifth tailor I have to extract myself from, I ready to kick the next one's teeth in.

Comment

Working...
                              X