Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended stay

Hi all,

I just booked a flight to Thailand leaving Australia mid July and due to my excitement booked my return fight 2 days after the 30 day period. Basically i have 4 and half weeks off and will land on my work desk once I can back into OZ. I wanted to have as many days of ladyboy action as humanly possible.

Anyway, should I apply for an extention from here or as i have read before in this forum just pay the overdue stay fee when I leave the country at the airport ( 200 - 500 baht per day ).

Where would i apply here in Australia for an extension.

Fellow aussies, I need your help.

Regards,

John

2 Days will just be a small fine at the airport, so you should be fine.

Other options are to leave the country at some point and re-enter, which restarts the 30 day 'clock'

Or get a 30 day (or a 7 day) extension in Thailand.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Tourist visa gives you 60 days with a possibility to extend for another 30 without leaving the country. Only $45 AUD at your local Thai consulate. Easy to get, drop off paper work one day pick up the next. You can get it up top 3 months before you arrive and the time does not start ticking until you enter the country.

Comment

I recently got a 30 day extension for my Tourist Visa here in BKK...
        Took less than an hour and cost 1900 bht...

kahuna
        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Will extend the stay when in Thailand.

Hopefully a few forum members will be around when i rock up in July.

Regards,

John

Comment

(LuckyA @ Mar. 22 2007,23:48) Will extend the stay when in Thailand.
            If you arrive on a 30 day entry permit you cannot extend it and need to get another one by leaving the country and re-entering.

If you get a tourist visa (60 days) before arrival you will not need to extend or leave the country based on your intended duration of stay.

Comment

There has also been an increase in the number of farang stopped in Bangkok over the last couple of weeks and asked to show their passport. Its been reported on a lot of forums to be widespread in the Tonglor police District (which is basically everything from Asok (or as good as Soi Cowboy) all the way up to Ekamai. Nothing un toward in the checks (ie they are not planting drugs or anything) but the police are stopping more people and examining passports. IF you decide to come on a 30 day 'arrival stamp' and the day before your due to go home get stopped for a routine passport check, you are arrested and straight off to the police station for an un-scheduled stop at the IDC (immigration detention centre) - there is a big difference between being caught by the regular police with an expired entry stamp and turning up at the airport and paying the 500b a day or whatever it is. That would be the risk you take in this scenario.

Cheers
              Mardhi

Comment

i second what mardhi said.
                having said that its no problem, there are many visa run agencies in BKK and they will manage to extend your visa up to 90 days....
                Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

(ozzie @ Mar. 22 2007,21:21) If you arrive on a 30 day entry permit you cannot extend it and need to get another one by leaving the country and re-entering.
                  Not true. You can get a 15 day extention to your 30 day entry stamp for 1,900 Baht at any immigration office (assuming that this doesn't violate the 90 day rule.)

Comment

As things stand Luck A you have three choices if you intend to stay in Thailand for 32 days.

1- Get yourself a 60 day tourist visa before you leave Australia

2-Arrive on a 30 day stamp, then upon payment of 1900 Baht you shall be granted a 7 day extension (it maybe be 15 days in Bangkok but definitely only 7 in Pattaya)

3-Depart Thailand having not extended and get fined 1000 Baht for overstay(first day is free, second day is 1000 and subsequent days are 500 each) however, there is a 1000/1 chance you get caught up in a passport check on day 31 or 32 and thrown in a detention centre.

If it were me I would buy a tourist visa then it's sorted, because getting an extension in Thailand shall mean filling in forms, photo and two separate trips to the immigration office, one to lodge the application and the other the next day to collect your passport, thus wasting valuable play time.

Comment

Arrive on a 30 day stamp, then upon payment of 1900 Baht you shall be granted a 7 day extension (it maybe be 15 days in Bangkok but definitely only 7 in Pattaya)
                      I haven't tried this at the Pattaya immigration office, but in Samutprkan the rules are very clearly marked up in English on the wall and I have done it myself many times over the last 5 years when I couldn't be arsed to do a border run and it's always been 15 days for 1,900 Baht.

Comment

I paid 25 USD in New York for a 60 day visa and then there was nothing to worry about.

If it's not easy for you to get to a consulate in OZ, then do it in Thailand.

I don't think it's a good idea to get overstay stamped on your passport, so I'd go for one of the first two options.

Comment

I don't think it's a good idea to get overstay stamped on your passport...
                          I have got this large OS stamp on every passport (5) I've ever had over the past few years... It doesn't make any difference when they calculate your time entitlement or when you apply for a visa... especially if it's just a few days.
                          I'm really Sexist...

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your feedback.

I think i will get in touch with the Thailand consulate back home as it would mean more play time in Thailand.

Can't wait to go nuts in July - 2nd trip so a little more experienced this time in.

Hoping this time though i meet some forum members to hit the piss with and have a laugh.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Regards,

Ang

Comment

Working...
                            X