X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want To Buy A Cheap Mobile In Pattaya

Just tore my place apart and can't find my super cheap, super used mobile..  Wasted enuf of my time and am pissed off.          

Looks like I'll have to buy a new (or used) one.

Don't like to overpay for anything though.  Is Tuk Com cheaper than Mike's or Big C?  Are the prices negotiable?

Anyone have a link to phones available in Thailand?  I was googling and getting either Thai script sites or looking at phones that may or maynot be sold in Thailand.

How cheap is the cheapest new?

Or is it only slightly more expsive to get a camera phone?

I'll only be using it in Thailand so don't need bells and whistles.

You can buy used mobiles in Pattaya from Big C, the used mobile shops are in the same area as the shops that sell new ones. You can get a basic used mobile for a few 300 - 500 Baht (basic only), but if you want one with a few more features, with camera etc, then you might be getting close to 1000 or more depending on the model and age of the phone.

Also I think Tuk Com has them too as well as Mike's Dept store. If you want the best price, get your Thai gf to buy for you and she can usually shave off an extra 20% or so.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Phones are VERY cheap. A reasonable looking used phone will cost about 1,500 Baht. A brand new one out of the box will cost about 2,000. The cheapest used ones are about 700 Baht.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Mar. 25 2007,18:40) but I would stick to MBK for the best deals and service.
        Hello Stogie,

I don't think PD was planning on going all the way to Bangkok to buy a cheap phone!

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

Don't know if the Motorola F3 is available in SE Asian yet, but it is Motorola's new developing market /entry level phone. Just bought one in the UK for £25.00, inc £10 air time from Phones4U, to act as my day-to-day handset for my next trip.

Basic info on it here...

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/11...hips_motofone/

Comment

Try the IT mall on Pattaya south road. Lot's of small traders there that do part exchange.
            Back in the scene after a couple of years away. And no that does not mean I was residing at her majesty's pleasure. God it is good to be back among the girls with that bit extra!

Comment

(Road Runner @ Mar. 26 2007,01:45) I don't think PD was planning on going all the way to Bangkok to buy a cheap phone!
              Oops! You are right. I deleted that part out of the post!

Comment

Or go to Soi Buakao market...Lots of cheap phones..
                So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

pigdogg...when you could wait till May...
                  I have a never used nokia 6020 (orginal package) or so...
                  You spend a Mekong Lek it will be yours...
                  Dieter
                  Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

Thanks for the info guys and thanks for the kind offer Dieter but I need the fone in April.

Wheels up in 11 days!!

Comment

Pity.....my unneeded mbiles at home in Belgium...me in the Staates
                      Be in LOS on 29.4 or 30.4...

Dieter
                      Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

I bought 4 new cell phones when I was last in Pattaya.

Comment

PD,

Get mine before you go and use it for free
                          Its a brand new Moto only used 7 days in BKK

Let me know dude
                          You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

I've never had a phone while in thailand but plan to get one for the next trip so let me ask a dumb question...
                            Don't you have to sign up to a carrier, buy a monthly plan, etc. just like you do in the US or Europe ? Or can you just buy a cheapie that comes with a certain amount of credit on it or something ?

BTW, my own mobile won't work over there as it is not a GSM phone.

Comment

Hello Madraz,

You could sign up with a carrier  -  but you would have to pay the monthly bill and as I assume you don't live there that would obviously be a problem.  

You can buy a cheap phone in MBK shopping mall (4th floor) -  near the National Stadium BTS station.
                              The retailer will set you up with a phone number and a pay-as-you-go card.  You can top the card up in any 7-11, Family Mart or Supermarket.

The rates for a local call are typically half what you pay in Europe.  International calls are also cheaper than most countries.
                              You will have to make sure the provider you get will let you make international calls on the type of card you have.

The only problem is the cards usually have a time limit on the credit in Thailand. This leaves you two options:-
                              1. Make sure you have nearly nothing left on the card when you leave  -  the number will lapse and you will have to get a new one on you return.
                              2. If you are going to return within about 2 months you could let the money run well down and just before you leave LOS buy a top up card.
                              Don't use it straight away but keep it and activate it just before your credit lapses. This will typically extend your time by another 2 months.  

RR.
                              Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                              Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                              X