X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Help

Hey guys, I am thinking of flying from NY to Bankokthe end of the year to taste some of its delicacies. Anyone out there know the cheapest flights out there? Planning to spend about a week. Wsa out there a very long time ago, while in th military and did not have to pay for the flight then.

You might try doing a google search for Airline Consolidators, Cheapoair comes to mind right away for me. Just thinking about it is a far far cry from actually doing it and booking your flight. Right now there is not way that Airlines will have their holiday prices online. Type in Discount Airfares to Bangkok on Google and you are well on your way. Only time will tell if you are serious.

Comment

(poppop10 @ Mar. 29 2007,10:42) Hey guys, I am thinking of flying from NY to Bankokthe end of the year to taste some of its delicacies.
      Good move!!    

I recommend that you fly the non-stop on Thai Air from JFK to BKK.

But first I think you should enroll in the United Mileage Plus Frequent Flyer program.   When you book on Thai Airways you should request that your miles be deposited in your United Mileage Plus.   And make sure the fare class (different than seating class) entitles you to full milerage.

Then there's lots of stuff you could do to earn LOTS of free miles without flying so your second trip would be free.  Actually if you were really determined your first trip could be free.

OK, you're probably thinking wtf is this guy going on about, all I want is a cheap flight.

But there is a very real chance once you taste the fruit that you'll be going to Thailand twice a year. But if you told me that before my first flight I'd have never believed it.

Lastly flights get extremely expensibve starting December 15th.

If vacation time is an issue, I like going around Thanksgiving.

Comment

Some places to check

Thai Air (obviously)
        Japan Airlines ( lots of fight, connect thru Tokyo )
        Singapore Airlines
        Malaysian Airlines

It all depends who has a special and when, so check the airlines site in addition to travel web sites
        expedia, travelocity, travelzoo, etc..

Final suggestion is to try priceline, its not easy to get a cheap flight to Bangkok with them, but it is possible to get one to Hong Kong or Singapore (if you had any plans to visit those places)
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(Snick @ Mar. 29 2007,20:15) Singapore Airlines
          If you can get the non-stop Singapore Airlines flight from EWR to Singapore and then on the Bangkok go for it.

It's a great flight!

Sing is also part of Star Alliance so if flying Sing put your miles in United Mileage Plus.

Comment

I go to Thailand from JFK at least two times a year. I always book through www.justfares.com or www.asaptickets.com . both are really great sites with really good airfare from NYC to BKK. Just like everybody else says try Thai air because they have non stop from NYC . JAL is good with one stop in Tokyo or another good airline is Cathay Pacific with one stop in HongKong . you can get any airline through the sites I named, and really good prices. I'm going on September 20th -07 . if you need a wingman.

Comment

Working...
            X