Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the details Moe. I would like to find out all about health insurance. Can get expensive if you are not watching. I remember last year I had some polyps removed from my nose and the bill was 35 000.- dollars US but thanks to insurance it "only" cost me a deductible of $ 500.-. A friend of mine had a hip replacement and when all was said and done it cost $ 150 000.- US with hospital stays and everything. Now I realize these are US prices and some third world countries are a fraction of this but still if you stop producing income and live on a fixed income its good to cover the unknown eventualities if its affordable. So we dont have to skip town when the bills come in, lol
    Also if you could let us know about the multiple entry like Kahuna mentioned.
    Deric

Comment

Another interesting thing Moe, it sounds your gf is Thai and bevor you actually buy the land and build the house its a good idea to study Scooby s contribution about buying into a bar. In my many years of frequent travels and living in Asia I have heard my share of horrorstories about land purchases in various asian countries.
      Deric

Comment

Kahuna, Joe applied for the 1 year visa and the embassy sent it with multi. entries. He applied thru the Embassy in D.C. I think there are several types of non-immigrant entry visas but I'm sure it was under the retirement requirements.
        Deric, About the land it has to be in her name but I will arrange a 30 year lease upon purchase. I trust her but if something happens to her you never know about the rest of the family, also I can own the house on the land but not the land.
        No bars for me sounds to much like work. The girl friend wants to start a business thats fine and I will drive her around when necessary but a bar you have to be crazy way to much work and time spent with a bunch of drunks, no thanks use to be one a drunk that is.

Comment

Moe, just as long as you are aware that you might lose the place and dont sink all your cash into it and be left homeless as well as pennyless. anyways, good luck, Deric

Comment

Working...
          X