X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thailand in April-June?

Sure was a lot of fun during my October to December vacation. But what is it like in April-June? Too hot and rainy? Less tourists? Less bar workers because they are finished with the Xmas holidays? Don't want to visit if my friends are gone. Worth a gamble? Seems the hotel rates are cheaper, but the airlines are a bit higher. LMK. Funny about the 4 meter high waves stopping the Hua-Hin ferry. That's 12 feet high and will make you sea sick. that's not like steep breaking waves. More like rolling big hills. When's Songkran this year and Gay Pride Day?

April to June is really hot. It is very dry in April and last year there was drought right around the time of Songkran which is around April 12-15 this year.
    There was a water shortage right at Songkran which subdued the free flow of water somewhat.
    My first day in Thailand was April 28 and it was 42 degrees celsius. It is very dry from December through April and does not rain much.
    November through February are the most pleasant months to visit as it is dry and not super hot.
    March starts to get hot and then hotter into April and May. May it starts to rain more which is relief from the heat.
    June, July and August are super hot but it also rains most of the time. Rains start to let up in September and tail off at the end of October.

I believe June is when they try to plant the rice as there is much water in the paddies by then.
    Most of the ladyboys that are from the country usually will stay around until April then go home for Songkran.
    Often they will still stay in Pattaya or Bangkok and party for Songkran then go home later.
    Depending how involved they are with the farming may decide when they go home.
    Many ladyboys still have to go home and help with the crop and sometimes they own the land.
    One ladyboy I saw had much rice land in her name and she had to pay for the harvesters.
    They would plant it themselves but pay commercial harvesters that came around in the fall.

Anyways you should see most of the ladyboys around Bangkok but Pattaya they may tend to thin out after April, then come back in October or so.

Here is some example pictures of Thailand seasons.
    3 pictures from the Rice Paddies near Buriram from January, March and September
    One picture from Hua Hin in May where you can see the cloudiness but it is still quite bearable.
    A pic from Ayutthaya in April and one from Chiang Mai in November.

Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
    X