X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTELS ~ Do you wanna pay?

So how much do you value the accommodation that you stay in?

The first time I went to Pattaya I couldn't stay in the room I had booked!

I've got to have a certain level of comfort... but that doesn't mean I'm a snob!

Over the last couple of years I have been affording myself a few more expensive rooms. But to be honest I haven't been all that impressed.

My range varies from between 900 baht and 1,300 baht. For that I can get a little palace!

I've tried spending less in my more tolerant youth and I've spent much more in my intolerant dotage!

I'm a 3 star kind of a guy...

I can live without the chocolate mints but I can't live with the animals that feast on them!
    Room w/fan' 300 baht sounds 'cool' to me'
    0%
    600 baht is about right. Old a/c & sea blue floor tiles'
    0%
    1,000 is about my upper limit. I get good deals'
    0%
    Anything under 1,000 won't even get me looking.
    0%
    1,000 is my starting point. I hope I get lucky'
    0%
    Around 1,500 sounds about right...
    0%
    About 2,000 baht (& the service is fantastic, thanks')
    0%
    You get what you pay for... 2,500 and up'
    0%

SB...Nice Poll but
    Where we talking about?
    BKK or Pattaya or anywhere in Thailand
    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Good question... I thought about that when I made the poll...

I came to the conclusion that people will pay more in Bangkok, but care less, and pay less in Pattaya but care a whole lot more!

Basically the question applies equally to anywhere in Thailand...

Comment

Um ...hmmmm...
        Then I pay more for rooms in BKK of Course and still look for the good quality rooms, have to have that comfort.
        In Pattaya I look for that same quality but can pay far less due to the huge amount of choices, hell they are still building new hotels.  
        That can only mean great deals for Us

If you are staying a long long time, Apartments will work nicely

Comment

Another Thought.....
          Up Country rooms are a steal if you find a nice room and on the Islands you pay thru the nose for so-so quality. well of course that depends on the location too      

Comment

Definitely 4 or 5 star - I am on holiday and need comfort, wifi, roomservice and decnt well appointed King size room, Hence i voted 2500+.

Always stay at majestic in an executive room, approx 3200bt.
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

For the past six years my Hotel of choice in Bangkok has always been the Novotel Lotus on Sukhumvit, Soi33. Started out only paying 52.00$ a night back then, now it's close to ninety. I am lucky because now I only stay there a few days before any international flight. The staff and managment know me and I usually get an upgrade without having to ask for one. I like my comfort, a big bed and close to the action and this Hotel fit the bill perfectly.

Comment

I'm on holiday next trip so my choice's are

Majestic Grande @ 3 x £50

Areca Lodge Executive Room 2 or 3 nights @ 2080baht

Thara Patong Beach Resort Phuket  Deluxe room@ 2600 baht per night- Stay 7 nights pay 5 nights so staying 7 nights

Samui Jasmine Resort (Lamai Beach) deluxe sea view room
                5 or 6 nights @2600 baht per night
                Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I stay Jasmine Mansion in PTY... BKK I end up in Grand President.. but this trip.. I am staying at Land Mark
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the world"
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

(Onebadindan @ Feb. 21 2008,08:52) I stay Jasmine Mansion in PTY... BKK I end up in Grand President.. but this trip.. I am staying at Land Mark
                    Thats a big difference Jasmine Mansion Pattaya or the Landmark BKK

Comment

I voted I get good deals (but 1000 is not my upper limit).

Last summer's deal at the Pattaya Bay Resort is a good example.

In Pattaya, I prefer to keep hotel expenses low.

But I'm looking for value, and in some situations more money is needed for decent lodging.

Samet is an example. It's more important to have a comfortable room when traveling with a girl and cheap lodging sucks in Samet so I may have to spend 4000 baht even though in Pattaya I'm a 600 baht guy.

So I put effort into getting the best deal possible at the hotel I want.

Comment

(headroom @ Feb. 21 2008,09:26) Thats a big difference Jasmine Mansion Pattaya or the Landmark BKK
                        Yes it is... owner of Jasmine Mansion is very good friend of mine, So I have to support my friends business as I would expect same from my good friends. I end up in penthouse suite at Jasmine Mansion most of the time if not occupied.
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the world"
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

samui: 900-1800 baht (marina beach resort - montien house)
                          pattaya: 1200-2000 baht (areca - whitehouse)
                          phuket: 1400-1800 baht (sunhill - royal paradise)
                          bangkok: 2200-2800 baht (DIG - Maj Grande)
                          samet: 3000-4500 baht (sai kaew beach resort)

and these rooms are all 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 stars.
                          the difference?
                          location, location, location.

Comment

Usually a DIG man in Bangers but moved up to the Dream Hotel for 2-3 nights just to try it out. Great room and my gg companion from Soi Cowboy loved it. But for VFM, Dynasty Inn Grande for around 2,200 is perfect.

As the man says, location is key.

Comment

I usually manage around 700-800 in Pattaya and about 1,200 in BKK

Not because I'm a cheap Charlie or anything, simply because I'm dirt poor compared to a lot of BMs.

I'd love to be able to afford 3k+ per night but unfortunately that's well out of my price range for now.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

Working...
                              X