X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to stay in Hua Hin

Thinking to split up my two weeks in Thailand between Pattaya,Phuket and/or Hua HinI would be grateful for some information about places to stay in HH ( my last and only visit there was in 1989!)
    Thanks for your assistance

Ernesto
    Attached Files

Myself Katoeylover ,Stogie and a few others stayed here
    http://huahinholidayhomes.com/index.htm

We rented bikes, since its a few minutes ride from the central town of Hua Hin.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Try this site!

Hua Hin Afterdark is a great site...

Try the link above for a few options.  

Edit: Another option?

Comment

Hey, Ernesto.

Was there in May, double-dating with StevieP/Parada.  If you're mongering, it was pretty quiet in town, honestly, though the local cabaret looked properly seedy in passing.  

IMHO, I found the beach road all along south of town was really refreshing, quaint, and quiet.  

We had a wonderful time, be we also were with our old ladies.

Cheers, and have fun.

Comment

Thanks, not yet decided if I should really go there,maybe it will be Phuket again(after Pattaya)
          Ernesto

Comment

As a lover of your work, can only say Phuket, Phuket, Phuket.

Comment

(farangbah @ Jun. 30 2009,21:15) Hey, Ernesto.

Was there in May, double-dating with StevieP/Parada.
              did he buy you flowers?
              No honey, no money!!

Comment

There should be no problem finding a place to sleep in Hua hin when you arrive. So many places around town, always rooms available, even on big occasions.

Try this link, a sample of some.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Hua_Hin#Sleep

Comment

I just spent a few days at the Sheraton there. It's quite a nice property, although the beach is not very good - or maybe it's just the entire Hua Hin area in general. Water was very brown and the beach's sand was also not very nice. Although the last time I stayed at the Hilton it wasn't much better, but my companion said such changes could be seasonal (i.e. now is a bad time with the tides, etc).

Anyways, Sheraton has very nice, comfy, clean rooms complete with large LCD TV, DVD, and bath tub. I only mention these as it's nice to come in for the evening and have such amenities to enjoy.

The pool however is the main selling point. It's the biggest pool I've ever seen and I've probably stayed at well over 300 hotels in my life. Basically, there is one big ass giant pool that surrounds the interior of the hotel grounds. It wraps from the infinity pool by the beach with several smaller pools in-between, to another very large pool by the main building. It must be well-known amongst Thais because the property was fully booked and over 80% of the guests were kon-Thai, a small mix of Japanese, and the rest farang.

Anyways, it's about 10-15 mins drive south of the main city, but they have a convenient shuttle bus. The buffet for breakfast is very good and the staff is excellent.
                  I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

HI DP,

Its the South West Monsoon (July) , hence the wet and low season. When it changes to the NW Monsoon in September-October, the rain goes away and the the beaches again front azure seas.... The dirty water is run off from the rain.
                    f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

There is a decent if a little basic hotel in the bintabaht(red light area) itself so you are right in the middle of things. No need for a bike etc. Its around 550 per night or if you are flush the Hilton is just up the road. Not sure of the name but just ask any motorbike taxi for the bintabaht and walk round the block till you see it. Stopped there before and no problem bringing L/Bs back. Enjoy

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Jul. 12 2009,01:39) I just spent a few days at the Sheraton there. It's quite a nice property, although the beach is not very good - or maybe it's just the entire Hua Hin area in general. Water was very brown and the beach's sand was also not very nice. Although the last time I stayed at the Hilton it wasn't much better, but my companion said such changes could be seasonal (i.e. now is a bad time with the tides, etc).

My LB friend wants to go to Hua Hin for a few days and since I have plenty of starpoints to burn the Sheraton looks like a good choice.  A couple of questions.  Are there any restaurants close to the hotel that you can walk to.  I'm assuming you had a LB companion with you.  Just wanted to confirm that it is LB friendly, no extra guest fees?

Comment

Lots of places there Ernesto.....depends as usual on what you want to spend...........I stayed up the South end of the beach which was realy quiet but only a bike ride away...............the whole place does close fairly early though.........

I'm at the Hyatt there in a few weeks so I'll let ye know!
                          My idea of foreplay is getting my wallet out......

Comment

(petesie @ Aug. 17 2009,01:49) .the whole place does close fairly early though.........
                            Did you find the small bar complex Petesie, in at the back on the way to the beach. Bars open till 5 or 6 am every night. Where everyones goes after bars and Hilton close.

Comment

Indeed I did BB but I had some clingy company that would not let me out of her sight and had one hand permanently on the family jewels.............

This did not permit a decent monger.............and when I go this time.......I think I've another one similar coming along..........I can rough that for 3 days before heading down to Sin City............
                              My idea of foreplay is getting my wallet out......

Comment

Working...
                              X