X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok & Pattaya hotel & location info Help

At long last I have got it past the post at home & I am planning to come the land of LB,s late Feb early March 2010. Having had enough of Amsterdam and the ridiculous prices of the UK. Its time to dive in and have my first trip under my belt.

Can you Guys please help me with the list below & my queries:-

I intend on a 9/10 day stay, I know but all I can get better than nothing. I was thinking of staying 3 days in Bangkok, the 4 in Pattaya and back for 3 days before my return. I am going with some mates, hmm not sure that they have crossed to the dark side yet so it maybe a going out tio the GG bars & then slipping over the side and meeting up with those so aclimatised. What is a must is to visit Guess, I like upmarket but still fancy the full on bars too. Simple list of the bars I should visit as a rookie would be great. Not planning any girls just going with the flow as recommended but it would be nice to hit the deck running and geographically be roughly in the right places or know how far i have to travel & how. Plus some do's & donts.

1) Looking to fly EVA seems to be regular & right prices. Any notes on seating bookings etc. I am tall 6' plus.

2) My mate has stayed at the
    Admiral Premier Soi 23
    4* plus new serviced apartments style hotel opened last year. Is it LB friendly and is 23 a long way from Guess & Nana etc. Its about 2000 a night with breakfast & internet thrown in. With all the stuff pool, gym, bla bla.

3) After the three days then to Pattaya a mate owns or part owns a GG bar Katz down there. What hotel is good of the same quality circa 2000 and well located.

4) Apart from the night fun, at that time of year what are the beaches like etc.

I see there are places like the penthouse hotel but respectfully its a bit cheesy rough plastered walls rather than newer clean lined stuff. Also by that point I will have either had a heart attack or my knob may have fallen off.

5) Then back to the city for the last three & home.

Any advices would greatly aprieciated

Before the troops march in and start flaming you and before the mods march in and
    delete this thread, I strongly recommend that you begin reading and not posting...Start with
    the links below and then if you have a specific question, please post  it in the new members forum...

LINKS

https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin...gi?act=SF;f=21

https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin....t=10722

https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin....;t=4995

https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin...gi?act=SF;f=31
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(Bobcat @ Nov. 07 2009,22:15) late Feb early March 2010.

4) Apart from the night fun, at that time of year what are the beaches like etc.
      If you like hot weather, sunny and 93 degrees {30C} every day then you will like it a LOT

if not, better get an umbrella to sit under!
      Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

I think JD is a bit off with 30°C, better think 34°C, and the refreshing sea breeze isn't there every day... Easily add 3 degrees in Bangkok.

About the hotels, soi 23 is perfect for soi cowboy, but is too far to walk to Nana.
        Well, for a man it is possible in about 15 mins, but forget it for a feminine ladyboy in high heels.

Personally, I much prefer to walk to my hotel, avoiding a negociation with the cab driver about the short drive, and then avoiding the necessary tip (you don't want to appear stingy in front of your LB before the act), and then avoiding the LB's requests about giving her extra money "for taxi".

There are plenty of good hotels in the Nana Area, here is a list of hotels I can recommend, roughly ordered by price from cheap to expensive:

- majestic suites
        - ibis nana
        - aspen suites
        - dawin
        - dynasty inn grande
        - adelphi suites
        - majestic grande
        - JW Marriot
        - Landmark

Please use my site to make reservations - Working Girl Friendly Hotel Directory
        The site lists the essentials, such as safe, pool, gym, etc. and of course joiner fees!
        I'm an Agoda affiliate, you get the same cheap rates as on Agoda, and you help me a bit with giving tips the next time I'm in Nana :-)

For Pattaya, I can recommend the Pattaya Bay Resort (no reservations through agoda, sadly), although it will seem to be a bit "basic" to you. But it is very good value, maybe get their suite.
        I would go for LK Renaissance in soi Diana, but prices may be higher now, due to high season.
        A couple of others worth a try are the Tim Boutique Hotel, the Mercure, the IBIS and the Nova Platinum. Again, see details on wgfriendly.com

Comment

Thank you Bobcat, much appreciated.

Enjoy new year in Patts and write a review of Tim Boutique hotel!

Comment

I don't think Agoda is such a good deal...

I checked the Dawin...Agoda offers a std room for $50USD plus an $8 service charge...$58USD equals 1932 baht...

You can book direct with the Dawin for 1980 baht for the same room and you don't have to pay for the room until you arrive...

If you book through Agoda and you arrive and don't like the place you lose your money...You would do that to save 48 baht...$1.40 USD...

I've always booked direct with Thai hotels and never had a problem...

Comment

but I can't make any money if you book directly!

Seriously, I thought you'd demonstrate how you book for cheaper than on Agoda.

So Agoda is not a good deal, but it is still cheaper (even if not always by much).

do you have to give your credit card number to the hotel?

Comment

I only looked at the one hotel that I sometimes visit when I visit BKK (although I usually
                stay at the Dynasty Grande)...so I don't know about their other rates...I suppose that
                they might be a bit less expensive...In truth, I've never used Agoda or any other booking
                service...And that surely doesn't mean to imply that they are bad...Perhaps it just my level
                of trust...For a first timer who has no idea where he/she is going it's probably a good service...

I think what bothered me more then the small savings was that when I requested a rate
                Agoda stated that there were only 2 rooms available at the rate...I'd wager big bucks that
                I could call the hotel directly right now and book more than 2 rooms...I think that's what set
                me off...

Trust me, I'm not trying to ruin your business...

To answer your question, I have never given my credit card to any hotel in Thailand prior to arrival...

I did find it interesting, that the Dawin is part of the Agoda group of available hotels..
                For the longest time the only way to book a room at any Dynasty hotel was direct...
                Certainly says something about the ecomony...

Comment

I've used Agoda lot and never had any problems, sometimes they have cheaper prices (LK Renaisance, D2); sometimes they don't
                  I always compare Agoda,Latestays and the hotel.

The one drawback with Agoda is you do have to pay in advance, the advantage is this is a big company (owned by paypal), they ain't gonna clone your credit card or rip you off.

There are very few hotels in Pattaya I would give my Credit Card to, I prefer to use cash. Way to easy for a clerk to clone your card.
                  "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ Nov. 10 2009,02:17) I don't think Agoda is such a good deal...

I checked the Dawin...Agoda offers a std room for $50USD plus an $8 service charge...$58USD equals 1932 baht...

You can book direct with the Dawin for 1980 baht for the same room and you don't have to pay for the room until you arrive...

If you book through Agoda and you arrive and don't like the place you lose your money...You would do that to save 48 baht...$1.40 USD...

I've always booked direct with Thai hotels and never had a problem...
                    100% agree. I always book direct. If something is wrong with the hotel, you can leave.

With Agoda and the other hotel sites, you have to pay up front and no guarantee you will get the room you want. And if something is wrong with the hotel, you are screwed.

And any time I have checked the Agoda/AsiaRooms price, it has never been less than the hotel direct
                    Mister Arse

Comment

Someone can tell me if Nana Hotel and Ibis Nana are the sam hotel. I was at Nana hotel a couple of years ago. Maybe they just changed the name .
                      Thanks

Comment

Google is your friend

search nana hotel

search Ibis Nana

I am NOT  

Comment

Opps Kahuna sorry about that no offence meant. I did not regard myself as being a new member. I have been registered on the site since Feb 06. I just havent posted as many as your goodself. I thought the logical thing was to start the post in the travel area as it was a travel issue. Trusting it would get the best viewings and best response.

Moving on thanks for your comments Manarak most helpful. I was looking at the Admiral as it was a lastminute package with the flight and seemed to be good value for a brand new Hotel. But I do understand that the location is not best and the tittering high heels would not make the walk thus compounding the cab issues.

I just would like to stay at two good 4* hotels/apartments in the two locations that are internet & guest friendly. Also that are secure ID checks etc.

Counting the days already........ Roll on late Feb 10. Be nice too to meet some of the more famous members over a   at the time

Comment

Just been told about Dream Hotel does anybody know about this and is this an improovement on location with respect to Nana and is that where I should be. Thanks

Comment

(Stewart @ Nov. 10 2009,03:37) With Agoda and the other hotel sites, you have to pay up front ....
                              With Agoda you have, but with Asiarooms not anymore.
                              Dutch.

Comment

Working...
                              X