Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw. guys, I am definitely NOT getting married. The difference would just be I dodge this bullet smoothly or something real ugly spreading all over. I am ready for the ugliest of the uglies.
    Still going to LOS. Ticket booked, only shopping around hotels....

Comment

In places like the Banyan Tree you might have problems with taking the LB of your choice to your room at midnight. If you're checking in with your teerak for a couple of days - you can bring the monkey of your choice!

.... and seriously the blood-sausage soup is something worth trying.....

MK
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

I seriously suggest staying at the Chateau De Bangkok in Soi Rumrudee. About a 10 minute walk from Nana Plaza but a world away in terms of setting. SOi Rumrudee is some of the most expensive real estate in Bangkok however in its favour are the fact that in the next soi, they have about a dozen food stalls so the lady of your dreams can go and get food she wants to eat without needing to go for a hike. Its a serviced apt, so she can bring it back to your suite no problem. For you they have good room service via an Italian restaurant onsite.

The best part about it is the rooms though - they are really very nice - go for anything above a Deluxe studio and all the bathrooms have huge jacuzzi tubs as well as showers, lots of marble etc. One bedroom suites are very good - the bedroom is well away from the front door so no problems about noise generation and have very comfortable living rooms with little kitchens etc.

Nice roof top pool, gym, sauna and rooftop bar all add to the enjoyment.

I have stayed there before with a LB and she loved it. Its directly behind the Conrad and a big mall as well.

Costs range from about 3,000 to 6,000 baht night but really worth it and very very nice place to stay.

Cheers
        Mardhi

Comment

mardhi, is this what you talked about?
          http://www.hotelstravel.com/Asia....el.html

and MK, "check in" together, means we are there at the front desk together? and I guess to the staffs, she just need to be my "friend"? also, what abt booking (on line), do you have to tell them there're two adults - on their site they ask for a surcharge of $35 for extra person. better honest than causing troubles?

Comment

To mardhi: Funny that you recommend that. Stayed there twice, last time July 05. Excellent hotel, although I wouldn't call it romantic. Same league like the President Solitaire at Soi 11. Both perfect places, nice rooms (Chateau de BKK has bath tubs with integrated Jacuzzi in the standard rooms), The President has flat screens on the wall. Both places have no problems at all with whoever you take to your room and how many times they come and go.... believe me
            To sugardaddy... : Yes that's the one and check-in with her means checking-in, right from the beginning. Hotels like the Banyan Tree or the Oriental don't care with whom you spend your holidays (means check for a few days and leave after a few days) but they do care if the Nana (LB-)hookers come and go.

MK
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

sugar daddy = check out: www.asiarooms.com
              chateau de bangkok from 2900 baht - looks great, but prefer Majestic Grande for location.
              seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Guys - forget using an intermediary website - Chateau De Bangkok is run by Accor hotels - and these days they post their best rates on their own website - www.accorhotels.com - the booking goes straight to the hotel and you just guarantee it with your credit card and the inventory is up to date (i.e no waiting to get room confirmation - its all instant). I think they also still have their own website at something like www.chateaudebangkok.com but I always book Accor hotels straight through the main site. Incidentally, I dont think they make any additional charges for second person on the accor site, so just book the room for two people. Once your there, no hassle about guests, however it is a premium hotel, so discretion is suggested and nobody will then bother you.

By the way, I'm not truly sure there is such a thing as a 'romantic' hotel in Bangkok - I have stayed at pretty much all of them over the years, but lets face it, they tend to be either cheap and nasty (aka nana hotel) or expensive and business orientated )aka Marriott, Sheraton Grande etc) - this one at least has the trappings of the Jacuzzi's to allow YOU to become more romantic.

Cheers
                Mardhi

Comment

(katoeylover @ Apr. 24 2006,04:37) sugar daddy = check out:  www.asiarooms.com
                  chateau de bangkok from 2900 baht - looks great, but prefer Majestic Grande for location.
                  The two hotels face each other - just that there is a 10 lane expressway in between which unless your sucidal cannot be walked over.

But rooms are very similar, C_D_B has the added benefit of the little kitchenette and more space but otherwise they are pretty similar in terms of standards.

Cheers Mardhi

Comment

Working...
                  X