Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe and discreet hotel in Bangkok

Hi guys, you are the experts here.
    I'm travelling over to Bangkok to do a few things and I am transgendered. I pass OK in Australia but not pass that well in Asia.

Just want to find a decent hotel which is totally cool with transgendered people and which is discreet and is not crowded with tourists.

Last time, I stayed in Majestic Grande hotel near Nana. The staff are nice enough but there are too many Chinese tourist around and they are rude.....

Can anybody show me some light?

Please forgive me for posting here....you guys seem very helpful to me...

from News, Views and Ladyboys.

I would suggest trying the Grand Business Inn on Sukhumvit Soi 11. It is mentioned in the guest friendly/lb friendly Bangkok Hotel list.

I know they have had 3 Middle Eastern TS staying there without problems for them or the hotel guests.

You may be feeling self conscious as Thais have a good talent for spotting lbs/ts. If you relax and try not to think about that, I think you will have a more enjoyable visit.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I wouldn't bother too much what the Chinese think if I were you to be honest, give them a "two finger" salute if they are rude  

Perhaps a good idea would be to book a Hotel near the BTS line further down from Nana if you feel uncomfortable but still convenient for you to get around
      Attached Files
      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Hello Wombatos,

To solve your problems I have two basic suggestions.
        Move a little away from the tourist area and find a small/medium size hotel.

Rxpharm I think is in the right area with the Grand Business Inn and it's only 3-4 minutes walk from Nana BTS station.
        There are some good smaller hotels further down Sukumvit but they are all a little far from BTS stations.

My suggestion would be to look around Silom.  There are less tourists and more business people.
        The downside is that the prices are a little higher (though not much) and it's harder to find a hotel near the BTS stations.

Have a look at these two websites:-  Bangkok.com   Directrooms.com

The ones that look favourite to me are:-
        Shangri-la near Chongnonsi Skytrain station.
        Elegance Suites reasonably near Saphan Taksin.
        Tarntawan reasonably near Sala Daeng.

I would suggest that you are more likely to get unwelcome attention from other guests than you are from the Thai hotel staff.

If you have any more questions post the here and I will try to see what I can find out.

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

Anybody heard of a decently attired, well mannered transsexual who speaks perfect English (but Chinese looking) being maltreated in a Bangkok hotel?

This is me here:
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, given the "refined" manners of most Thais working at the concierge of 3 or 4 stars hotels, you wouldn't be surprised if the CEO of a major multinational would be maltreated. I've personally experienced various forms of complete idiotic behaviours from hotel staffs, even in some 5 star hotels  

I don't think has to do with the fact of being Chinese/Asian or westener. It depends upon the situation, if you encounter some difficulties and make a problem out of it. Reactions for Thais can be mixed and totally unexpected, from sheer indifference to a laughing-at-u attitude. Just don't lose your calm and be a cool lady!
            Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

I think you are making too much of this...I don't know who long you trip is for, but book a room for 2 or 3 nights and then decide where you want to stay for the duration of your visit...

I stay at the Dynasty Inn Grande on Soi 6...I have stayed here since it opened 2 years ago and have never had a problem from hotel staff or other guests nor have I ever witnessed or heard of anyone having a problem here...

I've been here nearly a month this trip and my little sweetie has been with me the entire time...She is checked as a guest and is afforded the same courtesy as I am...
              "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(wombatos @ Jun. 23 2008,13:59) Anybody heard of a decently attired, well mannered transsexual who speaks perfect English (but Chinese looking) being maltreated in a Bangkok hotel?
                Shouldn't be any major problem with the hotel staff and with a few notes you could buy a few extra smiles if really needed.

Hope your thai is almost nonexistent so you can happily miss all the nice isaan comments and jokes from the always smiling doormen and security guards.........

Thailand is very tolerant ($$$) if you mind your business but don't expect to go to another planet or to Fantasy Island
                (Mr Roorke!!!!! The plane!!!!! The plane!!!!)
                My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

Working...
                X