Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Inn Bangkok

Holiday Inn Bangkok March 2008

So I was an Intercontinental Platinum member so I thought I would try the Holiday Inn Bangkok.
    American Brand hotels in Thailand generally cost more than the equivalent in a Thai hotel.
    This hotel cost $3000 for a classic holiday inn type room which is cheaper than America but not cheap in Bangkok.
    However the American hotels will have better beds compared to most Thai hotels, so that is one benefit of staying at a Holiday Inn.

The Holiday in Bangkok is nice and a step up from your average Holiday Inn, due to the generally higher service standards in Thailand.
    I checked in with my LB GF no problem and since i have brought other LBs with no problem and no joiner fee.

Since i was a platinum member they upgraded me to and Executive suite on the top floor. This was a one bedroom suite with all the amenities, well worth the price I paid and more. I would recommend joining the Priority Club before staying a any holiday inn because they often give great perks even to basic members, plus you get points for all stays.

This hotel is close to lots of shopping and not too far up the road from the Nana area.
    Not a good spot to try and get to by car in Rush hour though!
    The BTS is right out front if you are lazy or want to go around town.
    Great restaurants in here and even though I never at there I could see the awesome buffet breakfasts when i staggered in late from partying

Smaller pool for this size of hotel but apparently you can use all the facilities at the adjoined Intercontinental Hotel.

holidaybangkok1.jpgholidaybangkok2.jpgholidaybangkok3.jpgholidaybangkok4.jpgholidaybangkok5.jpgholidaybangkok6.jpg
    holidaybangkok7.jpg
    www.ladyboysthai.com

More holiday inn bangkok

Originally posted by rxpharm View Post
    Very good information Crag! Those hotels are still guest friendly, the Dynasty and Majestic Grande are quite popular due to their proximity to Nana Plaza.

From my recent trip there are a number of smaller hotels on Sukhumvit Soi 11, some renovated older hotels, and a couple of new ones. I will following this with posting photos of the hotels and contact information in the near future - however, I haven't stayed at them, so you will have to search for reviews, and ask them if they are guest friendly. It is likely they are, but you should confirm before booking.

My favorite hotel in Bangkok is the Grand Business Inn, on Sukhumvit Soi 11. I reviewed it earlier in this thread "here", and I've stayed there every trip since 2005. A further update, the rooms now have wifi instead of the network cable connection. The wifi is generally good speed, but it depends on where your room is - if it is located close to the wifi router, you will have excellent connections, but if you're far away, it might be spotty. All the tvs are now upgraded to flat screen plus they have a connected DVD player should you want to watch movies. The lobby also has a library of movies you can borrow free of charge. Unfortunately they did not proceed with the planned swimming pool.
    I have never stayed at the Grand Business Inn but have stayed at many others, may have to give it go.

I'm thinking the hotels i have mentioned so far have not changed much other than probably having flat screen TVs now.

I've actually stayed at the Holiday Inn Bangkok 4 times. When I brought in girls from the bar they never asked them for ID at all.
    When checking in with my girlfriend they made a copy of her ID, but this is standard for guests.
    Here is a picture from when i stayed in a regular room in 2009 it was around 2500 baht at that time, i do not think I have stayed there since.
    holidaybangkok8.jpg
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
    X