Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Asia Lodge Hotel

Hi there!

I always stay in the Majestic Suites, but this place was fully booked between Christmas and New Year.I tried to book something else closer to Nana but had no success.
    So if anyone stayed there lately, can you please let me know whether this place(Royal Asia Lodge) is LB friendly, how far it is from Nana plaza etc.

I would also like to know if there is a gym and a movie theater nearby.If any other LB lover is staying at this place between December 25-27 I'll be willing to buy you a drink or two for your information.

Thanks!!

if anyone stayed there lately, can you please let me know whether this place(Royal Asia Lodge) is LB friendly, how far it is from Nana plaza etc.
    Is this the place?

http://www.royalasialodge.com
    http://www.royalasiaparadise.com

If so, I have stayed there 4 or 5 times. No problems with lbs, but it has been over 12 months since I stayed there, so e-mail them and ask them to be sure.

They actually have 2 buildings owned by the same India guys. Royal Asia Lodge is the main hotel, which has a reception area, etc. Royal Asia Paradise is 50 yards away still on Soi 8. It does NOT have a reception area, only outside security guard. So, if you are uncomfortable walking through a reception area with 3 lb's on your arm, Paradise takes that problem away.

They are both at the very far end of soi 8 - too far to walk to Sukhumvit really, but they have an on-call tuktuk running 24 hours. At the Sukhumvit end of soi 8, there is a bell that you press and the tuk tuk comes and picks you up.....I never waited more than 5 mins.

they have a location map on their website

Rooms are ok, nothing spectacular, but pretty good value for the price. Not VERY modern...again, just OK. Probably about same as Majestic Suites. The rooms in Paradise have free wireless Internet....don't know about Asia Lodge

It never seems to be full, so I keep it as my 'backup' in case my other favorites are full.
    Mister Arse

Comment

See the website - sounds very LB friendly!! My post on Travel Info Forum early November, altho havent stayed there:-

ROYAL ASIA LODGE

quite a way down SOI 8 (they offer tuktuk)

1270 baht standard room

I stayed at the sister hotel in Hua Hin, not here.  But just spotted the bkk website 'welcome' (see below). If you replace the words 'taxi drivers' with 'ATS Members', I think you can read it as being very LB friendly!!    Not sure about their assessment of Thermae, though  

· Experience the world famous nightlife available only in Bangkok.
      · Discover back alley entertainment known only to taxi drivers.
      · Discover the location of the most popular local Thai hangouts and experience a sensuous massage.
      · Walk to a smoky underground after-hours coffee shop famous worldwide for the most beautiful women.
      · Minutes from the Hotel, discover a beer garden on a back road that fills nightly with fun loving Thais anxious to meet foreign visitors.
      · Room guests welcome at no extra charge
      TT

Comment

Thanks for the info.It sounds to me like an OK place except that it is not walking distance from Nana.
        I'm now counting the hours to my 5 day vacation in LOS.

Thanks again!

Comment

an OK place except that it is not walking distance from Nana.
          i was worried about the location first time, but the tuk tuk service is pretty good
          Mister Arse

Comment

I was at the Royal Asia in August 2006-they had no problems with Ladyboys coming with me. Rooms were clean, though not great and had a safe in the room.

mark
            John Smith

Comment

RAL do (or did do - I haven't stayed there for a while) a free tuk 24/7 tuk service up and down Soi 8. Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes but it beats walking.

I stopped staying at this place when a mate of mine began dating one of the waitresses and she told us what tyrants the Indian owners were.

Comment

Working...
              X