X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar SU Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit

Many of you may be aware of Rivas which was the nightclub bar located at street level at the Sheraton Grande Hotel which is opp Robinson Dept store at soi 19. Well the bar has been gutted and re-opened as Bar Su. Monkeyman and I checked it out last night and I have to say I was impressed with the place. We actually just wanted to get some food and the food style is based around a "Tapas" theme - lots of small dishes covering a variety of cuisines.

Jay came and found us when she heard we were trying somewhere new and she had no problems getting in - so I assume its ladyboy friendly. The bar itself is very nicely fitted out with lots of space to sit at the circular bar and lots of tables all around - its cleverly designed so it feels smaller than it really is. Pricing is not cheap - a Heineken will set you back about 300baht - however for sure its a classy place and the service was excellent. The Tapas selection we had was really good - marinated, melt in the mouth Australian Tenderloin with a yoghurt dressing, Lamb kebabs with a spicy sauce, Chicken tikka, Nachos with real guacamole and probably the best french fries (but also the most expensive) I have had in Thailand.

By the time we were leaving at 11pm - the place was filling up with a mix of people and a special DJ was flipping the tunes and doing a good job of it.

So if your looking for somewhere better than the regular venues - this is one I would suggest checking out. Overall I rate it a very nice place. They probably have a dress code that excludes shorts, sandals etc which would be common in this type of venue.

Cheers
    Mardhi

Sounds like a nice place to check out.

Thanks for the report.
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Yeah i have been in here and quite a change from the old Riva's however i dont think they would be two impressed if you take a 100baht slapper out of cowboy there!!!

I heard that it was re-done because of the bad image that Riva's was getting with freelancers, dont know if thats true..

Comment

Jay came and found us when she heard we were trying somewhere new and she had no problems getting in...
        Come on. Has anyone ever said 'No!' to Jay? I know I couldn't!

Pricing is not cheap - a Heineken will set you back about 300baht - however...
        Byeeee!

Comment

Actually joking aside, I took my first ever working girl out of Riva's in the days before I even knew Nana and Soi Cowboy existed.     For all I know, she might still be frequenting the place to this day.      A typical newbie mistake of course, but who cares when your company is picking up the tab (for the drinks, not the girl of course) which is how the hotels do so well as you just charge it to your room and then put the whole bill on your company card where it normally gets shown as "SO&SO restaurant" and luckily not "The hooker pick up joint in the basement"  

Cheers
          Mardhi

Comment

Sorry,almost 10 bucks for a hinney I think not.

Comment

you cheap charlies!! whats a couple of dollars for a beer!!

Comment

you cheap charlies!! whats a couple of dollars for a beer!!

Sorry,almost 10 bucks for a hinney I think not.
                It works out as $7.90 per beer at the present exhange rates.

As one of the old gits around here I remember thinking that $0.50 was too much for a Heineken  -  that was European rates not Asian!

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                Kahuna

Comment

If it's the same hinney at a beer bar for 100baht or so no way 300baht for that crap.

Comment

At the 7/11 three doors down it works out to 85 cents... It's ice cold and you don't have to tip and you can also hear yourself think, too.

If you can afford to pay 300 Baht for a beer and not think about it too much afterwards then I'm envious of your financial wellbeing. I won't ever have that comfort in my lifetime!

Comment

Yes BarSU was a nice change of pace for sure , very well done all the creature comforts that you could expect from an upmarket venue .

Yes 280 Baht seemed way out of place for the local Beer's like Heineken , Singha , Tiger and Chang , when for just 20 Baht more they had better imported beers like Stella , John Smith and Guinness . After a very Tangy Lime Juice 180 Baht , i had to grab a Stella its been more than 18 months since i had one and well it was worth every Baht .

Hehe not that i paid for it , a belated birthday drink complinments of Mardhi , maybe thats why it tasted so good .

Comment

(stogie bear @ May 16 2007,10:53)
                        At the 7/11 three doors down it works out to 85 cents... It's ice cold and you don't have to tip and you can also hear yourself think, too.

If you can afford to pay 300 Baht for a beer and not think about it too much afterwards then I'm envious of your financial wellbeing. I won't ever have that comfort in my lifetime!
                        HAHA the girls at 7-11 are not so friendly though ---(well some are!!)

Ok i wouldnt be paying 300 baht a beer every day but now and again its ok.... after all theres not that many decent bars close to Asoke..

Comment

(MARKUK @ May 16 2007,07:53) you cheap charlies!! whats a couple of dollars for a beer!!
                          fuck all if the company is picking up the tab
                          $10 for a hiney is a joke byeeeeeee
                          ps didnt even know this place existed and i have been going to bkk for 20 odd years
                          just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Working...
                          X