X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bel-Aire Princess

Prior to submitting this post I did a search of the forums using the KEYWORDS - Bel-Aire Princess. I did not get a response from any of my searchs even though I felt certain I have seen the Bel-Aire Princess mentioned in previous reports.

Anyway, I am retired US military and was checking the MWR (Morale - Welfare - Recreation) travel site for travel packages to Thailand and found the following descriptive link of packages:

http://content.onlineagency.com/inde...706&tide=26471

The Bel-Aire Princess (and Shangri-La Hotel) seems to be the main ones the MWR deals with. The Bel-Aire seems to be located close to where the fun is (from description on web site).

Anyway, I am wanting my first trip to LOS and am going mainly for the LB aspects. If I survive the first trip then my subsequent trip would be for the cultural aspects -- right now I'm just a horny old goat.

As such, my question is, if you were a 50 year old white male, making your first trip to LOS, wanting to go LB hunting mainly, wanting little to no hassle with hotel staff, would the Bel-Aire Princess be worthwhile?

I thank you.

Rebel Ray

Its on Soi 5, near the Amari Boulevard, so agree, it is a great location.

http://www.bel-aireprincess.com/default.asp?home

Nice website, and the rooms look great. Email the Hotel to see if they allow guests, but judging from the location i cant envisage it being a problem, but best to make sure.
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I thought the same thing regarding the location, and booked the place once as part of a package deal with airfares.

I didn't like the place at all infact after one night, I packed my bags and headed over the road to the old Dynasty Inn.

The foyer areas had all been nicely renovated / updated but the rooms were pretty small, basic and dated.

In addition they wanted to charge me a fairly hefty joiners fee although that may have been in part because my travel agent didn't specify a double or twin occupancy.

In short there are a selection of hotels discussed on this board that get nothing but positive reviews and that's were I'd encourage anyone with uncertainty to stay.

Cheers
      Koykaeng
      Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Thanks KK... That's a good reason to avoid the place! I don't think I can ever remember anyone writing or talking about the Bel-Aire so my instincts (and KKs post) would make me skip it for sure...

If this is your first trip then I'd strongly urge you to stay at some of the popular hotels talked about on this forum and NOT to take a chance on a strange untried and untested hotel.

How long are you thinking of staying for, Ray?

Comment

The Dynasty Grande or Majestic Grande are both great and the Dynasty especially is in that price range.
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It appears I may be better off not getting the package deal from MWR and just get the airline tickets.

I am looking possibly doing 6 days in mid-January.

Thanks again.

Rebel Ray

Comment

Well - if you are here for less than a week and you haven't been before then there is absolutely NO room for error...

Ray - I've known you a while now and I'd be happy to spend the first day or so with you in the bars around Bangkok and even accompany you to Pattaya if you want to go there also...

Comment

i stayed at the princess last january and can highly reccommend it. the only draw backs for me were that the whole building was no smoking and that were only 2 elevators to all 20 floors so the wait is abit long. its at the other end of the soi from all the action but thats no problem and there is a 7/11 next door. i had a massage to the door who was very nice and very reasonably priced. if you go on to asia rooms you can see the hotel in all its glory.

Comment

I stayed at Bel-Aire Princess,two times,it was always the only hotel near Nana that was included as part of a package cheap flight,i should have stayed about fifteen times,but i paid and never went on the rest of my cheap flight trips.
                  I was charged 800 bht joiner fee,and the lady(not ladyboy) was not welcome at all,that was made perfectly clear.
                  On my second visit i paid extra and booked a double room,and still had problems,its the last hotel i would take a ladyboy to.

Comment

Guys I always stay in the Bel-Aire Princess, old habits die hard. The pool is great but the sun goes down behind the hotel opposite later in the afternoon. If you book a double then just be confident & firm with the reception staff, you paid your dues but if they insist then strike a deal. The location is absolutely spot on. I was there in Jan 2006 and am just reserving for Oct 2007.

Donney did you used to be Donnkey?

Cheers
                    dodger

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 25 2007,00:06) Ray - I've known you a while now and I'd be happy to spend the first day or so with you in the bars around Bangkok and even accompany you to Pattaya if you want to go there also...

Ray, I f there's anyway you can do 2 weeks, that's what'd I suggest.

Maybe you can't get the time off from work or you may have other obligations, I dunno.

But the cost of the second week is negligible in that a Pattaya hotel can be had for 25 bucks a night.

Have fun!

Comment

(SF1B4 @ Jul. 23 2007,13:17) Anyway, I am retired US military and was checking the MWR (Morale - Welfare - Recreation) travel site for travel packages to Thailand and found the following descriptive link of packages:
                        Ray, Just occured to me after looking at the website that perhaps the reason for such a short stay is cause of the package.

An OK Bangkok hotel in the Nana area can be had for as little as 30 bucks a night. The package really doesn't addd any value, better to shop for a cheap airfare.

Comment

Hi I have stayed at the Bel Aire - I booked it independantly ie not part of a package- I booked a double room and there was no problem with any joiners fee. But I would completely agree with what Koykaeng said, the reception is nice but the rooms are a little tired.

I would always stay in the dynasty grande now if I was looking for a hotel in that price range in the area.
                          (Although that is only while it is new, I like new hotels, the rooms are in good shape and the staff tend to make an effort.)

When I stayed at the bel Aire there were quite a few indian tourists - just in case that would bother you.

Comment

I stayed at the Bel Aire once and again no problem with joiner fee. Nice touch, reception phoned me when the girl went downstairs to collect ID card to make sure "my friend" had left everything OK.

Comment

Working...
                            X