X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Fenix Suk Soi 11

BangkokSins highlighted this place on another thread and its looks good at least from the website.

Hotel is run by Accor and under the Mercure brand. Rooms currently are in the 1500baht range (+7% VAT + 10% service charge).

Hotel looks very modern in style and from the map it looks like it has been built in what was the car park over the street from Q BAR, just tucked in a lane seperating Soi 3 and Soi 11. Good location for the restaurants and clubs of Soi 11 and a very attractive price which is probably some kind of opening offer. Not sure how guest friendly they are but someone might want to check it out and report back.

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorho....l.shtml

Cheers
    Mardhi

WOW, its finished already. It was just getting started a month or two ago.

I'm curious as to the guest policy, Mercure labeled hotels are usually ok, but Novotel branded hotels have been nasty recently.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

If its that location I am also surprised how quickly they have built it (probably rushing to get it ready for peak season).

By the way that rate I quoted (exactly 1530b ++) is shown as the 'hot deal' rate on the Accor website - its not always available if you call the hotel directly which has certainly been my experience when I used to stay in the Grand Mercure in Soi 22. So to book it, you need a credit card and to do it online, with NO cancellations being allowed. Other higher rates are available that do allow you to cancel the room without charge. From memory, the hotel charge the entire stay to your card and you just get a bill for any extras when you check out. Actually works well, but you must be aware they ARE charging your card for the full amount of the stay if you use this rate.

Cheers
      Mardhi

Comment

curious as to the guest policy, Mercure labeled hotels are usually ok, but Novotel branded hotels have been nasty recently.
        Mercure in Pattaya qioted me a joiner fee...bye bye

Accor is a respectable group of brands - I don't think they are going to be very friendly to the likes of us
        Mister Arse

Comment

novotel hotels have been the worst lb unfriendly hotel i can ever remember......thank christ for the internet where we can advise where better to spend your money....why pay these bums to insult and offend.....

Comment

I'm a member o f Accor Advantage' just checked the "Hot Deal" u1300++, I looked at this place a few weeks ago but ended up going for DIG on recommendations of posters who confirmed it's LB friendly policy.
            I would be interested to get feedback from anyone that does use the hotel
            When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy...poverty

Comment

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorho....l.shtml

Anyone stayed at this place? Opinions?
              Mister Arse

Comment

Its across the street from QBar if you know where that is.
                The location is at the far end of soi 11, so its really too far to walk to Nana or skytrain(I'd guess 20+ minutes).

I never stayed there, but I did look around when it first opened.
                The hotel itself looks funky, very art deco and obviously brand new.

Its on my 'interesting' list, and if you do stay there I look forward to a review.

Comment

just toured the mercure in pattaya yesterday and my 'search' turned up only this thread with regard to its LB Friendly vs. non-friendly status. whish is to say, i can not tell!
                  the hotel (next to the PBR) looked quite nice. the room was better-equipped than PBR and included niceties such as bathrobes, slippers, in-room safe, coffee&tea in-room, small balcony w/useable furniture, a large bed consisting of a single mattress (rather than two twins shoved together) and free breakfast. *and* i specifically asked re joiner fees and they said be sure to book the room "for two" and there'd be no charge and no problem. i did not however specifically ask re ladyboys . all-in-all, given the rates available online -- if you're willing to pay, as mardhi says, up-front & non-refundable, it seems an attractive deal. the downsides are only the enormous number of families i passed on my way to view their 'deluxe' room and the long long long long corridor we walked down to get to the empty room -- it felt huge! like a vegas hotel. the longest corridor i have ever walked in thailand i do believe.
                  if i were certain of the lb policy i'd give it a go for week#2 in pattaya. anyone have an update as this thread has languished for months now.
                  if not, guess i'll have to hike back over and be direct with my 'how do you feel about ladyboys in miniskirts at 3am' questions...

Comment

I stayed at the Mercure Pattaya with a LB --- and had no problems
                    I just did not like the hotel, I found the location too removed and the WiFi never worked.
                    Everything else was 'ok' but nothing special

( this was before the new soi 13 Mall opened, its easier to get to the Mercure now )

Comment

*and* i specifically asked re joiner fees and they said be sure to book the room "for two" and there'd be no charge and no problem.
                      Not my experience. I always e-mail first and make sure I have a written reply for when I get there. They said joiner fee 500 by e-mail reply
                      Mister Arse

Comment

Working...
                      X