X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adelphi Suites Bangkok is under construction

I had a reservation at Adelphi Suites Bangkok on Soi 8 and noticed at their website that their rooms were under renovations. I tried contacting them 3 times by email and got no answer about the extent of their construction work. So I cancelled, and it was a good thing I chose PAY LATER plan under Agoda.com. Nice hotel but management service sucks. If you plan to stay there, be forewarned. I like this PAY LATER plan. If I happened to like a earlier location and want to stay longer it is easy for me to cancel reservations and rebook on the go. The dollar difference savings when you choose the non-refundable option is minuscule. You will like having kept an option to cancel without charges if the flooding going on now gets worse or there occurs ANOTHER coup. Be prepared. BTW, how's the flooding? Does it affect the NEP area? I saw those YouTube videos of the flooding in Pattaya during that same disaster back in 2011.

Experience the hustle and bustle of Thailand’s capital with a relaxing stay at a top service apartment.Bangkok is home to Adelphi Suites, one of the best hotels and serviced apartments in Thailand and issituated right amidst some of the most popular dining, entertainment and leisure hubs. Visit the OfficialSite.

I was looking at Adelphi but it didn't seem to appeal to me, the location is good though.
    Love the DET-5 restaurant there on Soi 8.

Have been looking a this Galleria 10 Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality on Soi 10, it looks interesting and good price.
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Looks nice and same street as Check Inn Bar next to Chuvit Garden. So many nice looking hotels hidden away out of sight. I will be staying at On8 Hotel which is at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 8 with a hidden back entrance recessed in an alley. Easy walking distance to Nana Entertainment Plaza. I like the Monsoon Restaurant at the bottom of Adelphi Suites. There's a first class Thai Restaurant further down the street but will have to go there to remember the name. On8 Hotel is a small boutique hotel than is nice and low prices. No hotels. Breakfasts are small and forgettable so I walk over to the Monsoon Restaurant. No swimming pool and frosted glass instead of sliding door or clear glass. Room lights are too dark so photography is hard to see. Got only one suitcase folding stand and they won't give me another. Not even another floor light. What's best about this location is the entrance to the Skytrain in an escalator right outside the front door. There's a money exchange glass booth also right next to the front door which also doubles as an entrance to Rajah Tailors. Bathroom is very brightly lit and has a nice glass shower. I think I'll take a walk over to Adelphi Suites when I'm there in two weeks and check out the construction noise and whether it is a good future stay. Seems the hotel photos show a kitchenette and washing machine. Will also check out and photo the Grand Sukhumvit Hotel and it's nearby neighbor Plachara Hotel, and the Majestic Hotel. I Googled Soi 8 and see the DET-5 Restaurant and will check it out. Did you ever eat at the Kinarree Thai Restaurant. Just enter the which gate with flags on the top and walk down the driveway until you come to a nice building. I remember the food is delicious. Will be good to be back in Bangkok for my 5th winter vacation and see what changes have come to NEP. Will try visiting twice a year during crazy Songkran and take a hop over to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Will need hotel tips about 3-4 Star hotels.

Comment

Your hotel is in a good spot. The Det-5 restaurant has huge portions, we always ordered to much food until we learned.
        I posted a review and pics about it here:

I have never tried the Kinnaree Restaurant but I really wanted to but every time I tried they were closed.
        If you stay at Phachara suites you get 20% off at Kinnaree.
        Phachara suites is awesome, the only thing I don't like is the low water pressure they have.
        Otherwise the suites are awesome, I posted lots of pics and stuff about my stays there here:
        Stayed at the Phachara for 3 nights. Got a room on agoda for about 2000 baht for my stay in November 2013. I booked the best room they had which was an executive

Grand Sukhumvit isn't super happy about ladyboys, I have heard. I have seen it listed as guest friendly on some websites.

I can't help you with Singapore hotels. I went there once and stayed at the 5 star Intercontinental with my holiday Inn points.
        The room was about $350USD per night if I had to pay for it, but it was free 3 nights on points.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
        X