• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somerset Lake Point Serviced Residence Sukhumvit Soi 16

On my recent visit to Bangkok the first place I stayed in was:

Somerset Lake Point Serviced Residence
    41 Sukhumvit Soi 16, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey
    http://www.somerset.com/en/thailand/...kok/index.html

I paid $2083.63 per night on Agoda including taxes and fees. I do not think you can get this pricing through the hotel.
    We checked about staying one more night and they were not able to match the Agoda rate.

This hotel is actually a serviced residence so more of a condo complex than a hotel.
    It is a hotel but also a condo building with permanent residents so you find young tourists and also young families
    However there is also older people staying here too, so slightly more reserved. Still many falangs with their girlfriends.

As usual I was staying with a ladyboy but we did check in together and I booked for two people so no extra charges there.
    I never asked them about a joiner fee or guest policy but there should be no problem here as there is many ways to get into the building with your key.
    So if you are quiet and respectful there should be no charges or problems as you never have to go past the front desk really, if you don't want.
    There is a 24 hour convenience store at the front with a back door to the condo that you can enter with your key, this takes you straight to the elevators.

Over all this is a very quiet neighbourhood with many condo buildings and service residence type hotels.
    Some good restaurants around and food town nearby. They offer tuk tuk service to the Asok BTS so you can walk to Nana or take the train in minutes.
    Also Way Out ladyboy bar is on Soi 18 and Chaos 9 bar on Soi 20 and not far from Soi Cowboy so many options in the area.
    Still is refreshing sometimes to be a little ways from the action.

Pool is huge but has little shade during the day so tried to get down there in the evening.
    There is 2 towes and the pool is in tower A and we were in tower B.
    There is a restaurant with room service, the convenience store and a coffee shop.

The room was studio premier in tower B with a nice balcony, full kitchen and washer.
    Nice little suite for the price and it is rated at 4 stars.
    No deposit or credit card to check in.

We were on the 22 floor with some great views.
    Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

I think you meant 2,083 Baht per night. Is Layla still with you? Such a delicious LB.

Comment

Originally posted by Easyguy View Post
      I think you meant 2,083 Baht per night. Is Layla still with you? Such a delicious LB.
      Yes I meant 2083 baht.
      I was with Layla for about 14 months.
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by CRAG View Post

Yes I meant 2083 baht.
        I was with Layla for about 14 months.
        Are you not with her anymore? If so, do you want to share the reason?

Comment

The long distance thing just got too tedious.
          I never could get there as often as I hoped, and weren't having much luck with her coming here.
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crag View Post
            The long distance thing just got too tedious.
            I never could get there as often as I hoped, and weren't having much luck with her coming here.
            What are the laws in Canada about bringing Thais to Canada on a Visa? Are the laws different for LB's? Were you able to sponsor her?

Comment

Originally posted by Easyguy View Post

What are the laws in Canada about bringing Thais to Canada on a Visa? Are the laws different for LB's? Were you able to sponsor her?
              She can apply to come to Canada and I can sponsor her but then it is still up to the discretion of Canada immigration.
              I tried to sponsor her for a tourist visa but in the end she hasn't travelled enough outside Thailand and we just couldn't show enough money.
              Since I was supporting her for a year we could show a common law relationship which i thought would help but still I think it was the cash.
              I thought is also would show that I could continue to support her during her trip, plus stay at my place.

One of her other friends that worked at Charades got a visa to Canada around the same time.
              However she had travelled more and I imagine they had more money to put up.

In the end I just wasn't able to get to Thailand as much as I hoped and it was just too much never actually seeing each other.
              She ended up finding a way to go work in Germany.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

This hotel is now Called "Shama Lakeview Asoke Bangkok".

Explore our long-term serviced apartments close to BTS Asoke offering Studios to Three Bedroom residences, a gym and a cafe. Freedom to explore

I actually had a great time at this place looking back now.
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
                X