X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok LB Friendly Hotels Under $40

OK, I have stayed at many of the more expensive and higher end hotels. But this trip was a little different. I wanted to find, and stay at a place that I would feel OK staying at for a week, that cost no more than $40 per night. All three of these hotels have specials at certain times of the year, which can lower the price. In actuality, the most I spent for a night was $38 USD. For all the hotels I had certain requirements. First and most importantly they must be Ladyboy friendly, second they need to be within a 5 -10 minute walk to action, they must have a pool, good internet, additionally they must provide a shuttle service, provide a free breakfast, and of course be under $40 USD a night.

The 3 hotels I selected were:

#1 €“ Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel - 199 Sukhumvit Road (Near Soi 15)

#2 €“ Boss Hotel - 40,42 Sukhumvit Soi 4 Sukhumvit Road

#3 €“ Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality - 22 Sukhumvit Soi 13

Hotel 1 d.jpg Hotel 2 a Boss Suites.jpg Capture.JPG
    Last edited by Lotusman; 11-02-2018, 12:31 PM.

#1 €“ Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel - 199 Sukhumvit Road (Near Soi 15)

The Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel is located right on Sukhumvit Road. For those that are familiar with the Thermae Bar, they share the same building. It is located in between the Nana and Asok Metro stops, and a pretty easy 10-15 minute walk to either Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy. However, remember my 5-10 minute rule, the Check-Inn Bar checked that box. Just cross over Sukhumvit and Soi 10 is there. There is 6 minutes€¦.

The hotel is only 5-6 floors, so it is pretty close to the traffic and BTS is right outside your window. However, for being where it was, it was pretty quiet. Rooms are a good size but pretty bare and outdated. The wi-fi was adequate and I was able to stream Netflix. I could stay here for a few nights, maybe 3-4, but I think staying here for a week might be stretching it.

Action €“ There are freelancers all over this place. Lady€™s and Ladyboy€™s line the street. I did take a cruise around the Thermae Bar and it has not changed too much except for the clients. Mostly Asians these days. In speaking with the girls they are looking for top dollar, and I guess some of the Asian clients are willing to pay it. It is still a meat market. Prime Rib is asking 4,000 Baht

The nice thing is that the Check-In Bar is just a few minutes away. There is absolutely no issue in bringing a Ladyboy back to the hotel.

Hotel 1 d.jpg Hotel 1a.jpg Hotel 1 c.jpg Hotel 1 g.jpg

Comment

#2 €“ Boss Hotel - 40,42 Sukhumvit Soi 4 Sukhumvit Road

The Boss Hotel is just down Soi 4 past Nana Plaza. To get to it go down Soi 4, pass about six 7-11€™s, the Chaos 9 Bar is on your left, walk about 2 minutes and there is an ally on your right, take it and you are there. To walk from the Boss Hotel to the Chaos Bar only takes about 4-5 minutes.

The hotel is very quiet and I did not hear any traffic. Nice lobby and they offer you a welcome drink. They do have a free tuk-tuk service to the local bars/clubs and Nana Plaza. The rooms is a little larger and cleaner than the Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel. But it to needs a little refurb. There is a window, but no view. You look directly into the room across the way. One really strange feature in the room is there is a large window into the bathroom, instead of a wall. With everyone looking into each other€™s rooms, you almost always need the curtains closed for privacy. The glass into the bathroom did have a shade you can close if you want, but whenever I brought a €œguest€ back to the room, it was always nice to keep it open.

The breakfast was good, as well as the wi-fi. However, the pool was a disappointment. Every day I like to sit by the pool, read and take a dip. That was not an option here. There were three of us by the pool and no one would venture in€¦.. why, because the water was cloudy and just did not look right. One thing the military taught me was to avoid swimming in cloudy water. Too bad, I spent 3 days there and never got a chance to go for a swim.

Hotel 2 a Boss Suites.jpg Hotel 2 b.jpg Hotel 2 c.jpg Hotel 2 d.jpg

Comment

#3 €“ Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality - 22 Sukhumvit Soi 13

The Citrus on Sukhumvit 13 is about a 7 minute walk to The Check-In Bar (very close to the Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel). I won€™t repeat the information on the location as it is covered in the Ruamchitt review. Just to note that €œThere are freelancers all over this place€, once you walk out to Sukhumvit Road. It is a 2-3 minute walk. One thing nice is there is a real good German Beer Bar and Restaurant on Soi 13. I ate there twice (Cordon Blue and then Schnitzel). Both were traditional and excellent. In addition there was a laundry establishment right across the street.

The rooms are very clean and modern. They had an electric panel to adjust the lights, request room service, etc. They also had a router in the room allowing me to hardwire my computer, plus they had a HDMI connecter in the wall so you did not need to try connecting it directly to the TV. The Wi-Fi signal and internet was excellent.

I stayed here for 3 days and went to the pool every day. Water was clean and I saw them vacuum it every day. Nice view from the pool area, and they provided fresh towels.

I brought in a guest multiple times and never had any problem€¦..

What are the negatives with the Citrus?? The room size. Of all the rooms at the other hotels, this was by far the smallest. I do recommend getting one of the bigger rooms ($3-5 dollars more, but still under $40).

Capture.JPG Hotel 3 a.jpg Hotel 3 b.jpg Hotel 3 c.jpg Hotel 3 e.jpg
        Last edited by Lotusman; 11-02-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Summary

All 3 hotels met the requirements. The Boss and the Ruamchitt showed there age and could use some TLC. But I would stay in them again. However, the Citrus was by far was the winner. Modern room, great internet, excellent pool and pool area, and real nice bathroom. This is a place I could easily stay at for a week€¦€¦. Even with the smaller size. Hope this helps....

Comment

Awesome reviews! You answered many questions for me, except I never heard of the Ruamchitt before.
            The Boss you describe is about what I was expecting. The probably only have a pool to get some extra star rating.

I've had the Citrus come up a couple times but I wasn't sure how big the pool was. I have been disappointed with the length of some of the skinny pools.
            Your picture looks like you might be able to get some laps in.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Yes, well done Lotusman. Some good info there; thanks for sharing.

Comment

CragR, Yes you can definitely get some laps in. The pool is laid out with both a lap and 2 wading areas. The depth in the deep area is about 130 CM and the length between 8.5 - 9.5 Meters. As I mentioned very clean and the temperature was perfect....

Comment

I confused the Citrus you stayed at with the new Citrus Suites on Soi 6 beside the Dyansty Grande.
                  Tried to book a room for my buddy at the last minute and it was 15,000 baht.
                  Now a couple days later i see it is only 1500 baht, must have been completely full that time.

Ended up getting him a room at Boss Suites for 1000 baht per night on the nose.

Nice room, for the price.

Citrus suites is actually reasonably priced if you book ahead.
                  Still more than the Citrus hotel you stayed in but a good location in Nana.
                  www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Working...
                  X