Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pattaya timeshare resorts - LB  friendly?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattaya timeshare resorts - LB  friendly?

Hi,

Have a friend that is willing to give me a week or two in his timeshare in Pattaya - The View Talay. Anyone have any idea about the rules regarding guests at timeshare type resorts?

Thanks!

Interesting one, this...

Comment

Pattaya now has six or seven accomodation blocks carrying the View Talay name and I would suggest that all of them are very relaxed about having unregistered guests accompany you.
      Which View Talay resort are we talking about hoodoo ?

Comment

It doesn't matter which one he's talking about. They all look the same... fucking high rise prisons. Unless you are on a serious budget then do yourself a favour and find a decent hotel close to the action. Staying in these horrid places is the reason most people jump out of them!
        Attached Files

Comment

Agreed - I despise the concrete bunker approach to vacation housing. But this place actually looks ok.

http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?...resortCode=VNT

http://www.viewtallayholidayresorts....sp?Folder=2076

Comment

Nothing wrong with the various View Talays; lots of expats live there and studios in 1 and 2 would sell for about 1 million baht.

If you're getting it for free, no strings attached, why not?

Otherwise staying at the PBR for 6K a week or the MyView Condos for 400/night are good alternatives.

Comment

There's a bit of info on some of the view Talay's here.

I've been tempted to go for something in VT 6 beofre. They might not look so aesthetically pleasing on the outside, but does that really matter??? They look decent enough within, clean and fairly spacious with all the mod cons. I can't imagine there would be any issues regarding guests.

http://www.dancewatchers.com/VT_6_co....ya.html

Comment

(PigDogg @ Apr. 22 2009,22:28) Nothing wrong with the various View Talays; lots of expats live there and studios in 1 and 2 would sell for about 1 million baht...
                For a week, fair enough, but can you imagine the type of expats who can stretch to one million baht for a condo?

Believe me you do NOT want to be neighbors with these people.

If you are there for a few days you might just about be able to get the stench out of your clothes. Hey, PD... have you been to these places for real? The noise, the smell of piss and foul cooking and laundry, the filthy lifts, the dirty shops as you go through the entrance, the drunks asking for a hundred baht till their 'money comes through', the piles of litter and empty bottles on the shelves by the windows, the stink of ash trays...

Get real... these are white trash slums.

Comment

(Stogie @ Apr. 22 2009,22:00) Staying in these horrid places is the reason most people jump out of them!
                  I've visited a couple of these apartments (ViewTalay2), and they are quite OK.  They are all built to a certain standard size, standard style - but IMO are good value.

They would be on my short list for a rental, despite the fact I'm not yet ready to top myself  
                  TT

Comment

(Stogie @ Apr. 22 2009,22:00) They all look the same... fucking high rise prisons.
                    That one pictured certainly does , thats the new one beside the new shopping mall , right

Looks like one of those failed social housing plans popular in the UK in the 60s and getting pulled down today .

I'd rather have a shack on Pattaya beach
                    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

I've never been to View Talay but a guy I know lives there and likes it.

Yensabai Condo, I find the hallways dreary but the residents don't look down and out. European but not Eurotrash.

Nirun Condo seems to fit the description of what Herr Stogie describes. Better to rent there first than buy for sure, well that goes for anywhere.

Don't worry, I'm not buying. I like my flexibilty and monthly rents are so low that ther's no reason for me to buy.

Back home it makes more sense to buy since your job locks you into your location. In Thailand, many of us have no real reason to be in our specific location so why commit?

Re Dancewatcher, I get the impression that he does a great job of marketing and he promotes his units well to the guys on the str8 forums who get woken up to how low monthly rates can be when they're used to hotels. But I get the impression that his prices are somewhat higher than the going rate. Though for a very shortterm rental it might be worth paying a premium to someone who has a good rep.

Comment

(Stogie @ Apr. 22 2009,09:19) Believe me you do NOT want to be neighbors with these people.

If you are there for a few days you might just about be able to get the stench out of your clothes. Hey, PD... have you been to these places for real? The noise, the smell of piss and foul cooking and laundry, the filthy lifts, the dirty shops as you go through the entrance, the drunks asking for a hundred baht till their 'money comes through', the piles of litter and empty bottles on the shelves by the windows, the stink of ash trays...

You mean guys like this Stogie?

At 03.20 am, on 22nd April 2009 Pattaya police were informed that a foreign man had gone berserk and slashed his wrist in front of the Siam Platinum Hotel in Naklua.

When police arrived at the hotel, located at 116/4, opposite to Soi Naklua 14 [Soi Noree] , Pattaya-Naklua Road, they found a group of onlookers gathered on the footpath where Mr. Brian Keith Laster [46] , an American national, was standing with a bleeding wrist.

He was holding a 15 cm. long knife tightly and wouldn€™t let any of the officials approach him. Eventually he was persuaded to drop the knife and the rescue team administered first aid before taking him to the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

A hotel security guard, Mr. Wirat KouanMeung [53], told police that Mr. Laster had checked in with a large suitcase about a week ago. According to the receptionist, he went out every night and brought company back with him to his room.
                        However, at 12.00 pm, on the day of the incident, Mr. Laster told hotel staff that he had to check out as he had been ripped off by a Thai woman and had run out of money. He also said he had no money for his ticket home. After he had checked out, he brought his suitcase to the lobby and sat there for hours before using a knife to slash his wrist.

Comment

Hey Mr SB nothing wrong with View Talay Villas, indeed I would happily live there if only they would do a deal on a monthly rate because the advertised daily fee is quite absurd

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/pattaya/viewtalay/

Comment

(Stogie @ Apr. 23 2009,00:19)
                            (PigDogg @ Apr. 22 2009,22:28) Nothing wrong with the various View Talays; lots of expats live there and studios in 1 and 2 would sell for about 1 million baht...
                            For a week, fair enough, but can you imagine the type of expats who can stretch to one million baht for a condo?

Believe me you do NOT want to be neighbors with these people.

I can picture it now...

Comment

(pentire @ Apr. 23 2009,05:37) Hey Mr SB... nothing wrong with View Talay Villas, indeed I would...
                              I agree... The villas are great.

Comment

Working...
                              X