Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I ever decide to try a new hotel, I check the pinned hotel threads on the forum first
    No honey, no money!!

Comment

(PigDogg @ Oct. 15 2009,12:20) Think it's always a good idea to email a hotel and get in writing what their joiner policy is.

Especially before booking on a non-refundable third party website.
      That's what I did when I used my voucher for a suite at the Dusit D2 Barrauquda. I sent an email that someone would join me later and that I did not want to see a joiner fee added to my bill or that she would be hassled.
      I used to have to do that for my Thai wife as well in the early days (15-20 years ago). After doing that the staff was constantly wai-ing us....
      Make it clear upfront whatever you do.
      Email:
      Info:
      [email protected]

Comment

(Snick @ Oct. 15 2009,08:25) The Mariott in Pattaya used to let guests use the pool for free, and I heard they've started charging.
        HR rooms are very small.
        Yeah Marriott surprised the shit out of me last January€¦ after staying in their hotel 7 times before and never having a problem bringing in multiple guests around the pool many times in the past.. here it was January and there was no one around the pool because it was so cold and it was only a month after the Yellow Shirts had closed down the Airport and scared everyone away except us hard core sex tourists. Because of that the hotel had hardly anyone staying there€¦ it must have been 85 % vacant.  

I had a friend with me and we decided not to swim because the water was too cold€¦ then all of a sudden this pool boy comes out of the bushes and asked me if I was a guest at the hotel€¦ I said €˜yes€™ showed him my room key and then he asked my friend. I just said€¦ €˜don€™t worry he€™s with me, it€™s OK€™. Then the guy wanted 1000 baht€¦ I was like WTF for? He says €œto use pool€

I went to the front desk and asked what was up with this pool fee€¦ the guys working the desk then told me it€™s always been their policy and if I was never charged before I was lucky€¦ what a joke! The real reason was they were hard up for cash and were looking for any little way to get money out of you€¦ OK it is their hotel and they can run it any way they like€¦ I vowed never to go back there again but somehow I ended up there again in April when the little lady I was with said she liked that hotel€¦ well what do you know they had changed and was back to the €˜no problem€™ attitude. I have a feeling the hotel manager had changed too€¦ I guess Marriott got a lot of complaints? Or maybe it was the Red Shirts now protesting on beach Road? Who knows€¦ this is Thailand€¦ you never know what to expect around here.

Comment

The economy is bad!

So logic says charge more to your current customers to make up for the lack of business.

The LOS Econ 101 basic principle
          You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

I know this doesnt have anything to do with hotels...but information on internet. A friend has just emailed me about a new devise with internet. His wife bought a new phone for $4000 bath. It came with the capability to access internet using a cord connected to your laptop. They charge 350 for 100 hrs of usage or 1000 bath unlimited for a month. The speed in pattaya and bangkok is as good as anywhere in the US. The speed in udon and rural areas are prety slow. I always like staying at the welcome plaza, which does not have free internet, now that is not a problem. Just a heads up for people who like me do business on the internet even while on vacation.

Comment

(Tims Boy @ Oct. 14 2009,12:55)
              Don't know if it has changed since i was last there but it needs a refurb in an urgent sort of way.

Last time i stayed it was great had a threesome every night, me a ladyboy and a roach.. the roachs loved it they got a free show.

But all joking apart in it's day it was great but now it is too expensive (there is far better value for the price in most areas of pattaya), run down and just plain tired.

All that said have a great time.
              Thank you for your input Tims Boy. Most of the "infestation" hype about Penthouse Hotel Complex was generated in the past few years by the wannabe competitors, the fact is that eventual occurances of bugs can happen in any place but most of the bad publicity was over exaggerated to spoil the image of the establishment in an unsuccessful attempt to divert the success of Penthouse Hotel to their establishments.

Although it is not possible to have such an issue during "every night" of your stay, but still, as a Guest of the Penthouse Hotel we respect your words and input. If you could provide us with your date of stay then it would be easier for us to investigate our records to check any such reports?

If you ever face such problems then please feel free to contact the Housekeeping Department or the Reception/Front Desk who is there at your service 24/7. Yes, unlike other Hotels, Penthouse provides 24/7 Maid Services. Cleanliness is always a priority at the Penthouse Hotel!

As far as the price is concerned, the cheapest Room is at THB 845 (plus the taxes) which comes to THB 996 per night INCLUDING A FULL COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST, would you really call that expensive?

Coming back to the main point of this entire thread, The Penthouse Hotel has one of the most liberal joiner policy around and has been renowned for being one of the most guest friendly hotels in Pattaya. Click here for our Joiner Policy, if you can't go to that link directly for some reason, please visit http://www.penthousehotel.com and then click on "Joiners / Freelancers".

Nevertheless, here are some photographs of the redecorated Rooms / Suites. Remember, refurbishment and redecoration goes on continuously at the Penthouse Hotel Complex, for example, 2008 saw the introduction of Electronic Safes in the Rooms/Suites, Duvets, Free/Complimentary Liquid Soap, Shampoo and Conditioner plus Soap Bars (which our Guests love taking away as souvenirs too!), Large 42 inch Flat Screen TVs and during 2009 we have been upgrading the Jacuzzis/Whirlpools, Multi-Showers, Glass-Blocked Bathrooms, and the latest with Bluetooth Enabled Large 42 inch Flat Screen TVs in the latest Suites (ideal for music lovers to plug their iPhone / iPod Touch / Smart Phone in, to listen music through the large TV speakers.) ... And these are only some examples ....

See it to believe it ... so they say! --- The Penthouse Hotel.
              Attached Files
              Pattaya Obsessions
              Email: [email protected]

Comment

It is always good when we can have both sides of a story...
                a froggy, lost in translation and in Africa... and no, I am not the one on the pic swinging a club ... I am the one holding the pin !!!

Comment

Looks like your hotel is well poised for the P4P market pattayaobsessions.
                  I can't wait to get there. Have booked myself in there for the time I'm in Pattaya.
                  dreaming about LOS again

Comment

(pattayaobsessions @ Oct. 31 2009,03:06) wannabe competitors,
                    Who are the wannabee competitors?

Comment

I don't wannabee there!!! Nice advert in Post 21 though Wow- free soap AND room safes- can it get any better?
                      I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

tomscam,
                        Thank you for trying us out. We hope you will enjoy your stay at the Penthouse Hotel.
                        Look forward to seeing you

- Pattaya Obsessions
                        on behalf of Penthouse Hotel, Pattaya
                        Pattaya Obsessions

Comment

PigDogg,
                          Quite a few around and you know we cannot talk openly about it unless and until we are actually talking to them openly.

- Pattaya Obsessions
                          Pattaya Obsessions

Comment

Ivor Biggun,
                            Whatever suits you We do understand that these things would not mean much to you.
                            Nevertheless, enjoy your stay in Pattaya and thank you for your input

- Pattaya Obsessions
                            on behalf of the Penthouse Hotel, Pattaya
                            Pattaya Obsessions

Comment

I just got back from the HI Pattaya and I have to say, all things aside, it's quite a nice property, if a bit far from WS and the main nightlife areas (although it doesn't matter much due to the baht buses that are so ubiquitous around town). I got upgraded to a suite and had two amazing ocean-front balcony views. The room was very clean and the decor quite modern and nice. Flat screen TVs, decent sized bath tub and comfy bed. I also got the 1,999 thb rate but I think its a grand opening special and the rates will go up to 2,999 thb shortly after the new year and that will be the regular rate. At that price, I think they are definitely pricing it as more of a family destination. I actually saw quite a few kon Thai families there, as well as Chinese and Korean tour groups along with farang business travellers who are undoubtedly cashing in points for free nights' stays. Overall, if price is not a factor and you don't mind taking baht buses I thought it was a great property and will probably book again. I was with my wife so can't much about joiner fees and for internet I just walked to Coffee World two blocks away.
                              I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Dec. 01 2009,09:14) I was with my wife so can't much about joiner fees and for internet I just walked to Coffee World two blocks away.
                                Is this a recent development?

If so, congrats
                                No honey, no money!!

Comment

Working...
                                X