Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long stay apartments in Pattaya...

Hi lads

Just wonder if anyone has any recommendations on longstay apartments/hotels in Pattaya.

I am aware of a nice looking one called Paragon Place but its a little far from the action.

Does anyone know of a good place with a nice pool, similar standard to say the above hotel, but a little closer to the action say around second road.
    Looking for a price range 20,000 baht p/m and under.

Any information would be awesome.

Thanks

Azza

A worthy trip report

There are lots of places...PigDogg is the resident expert on the ground here...Send him a PM...I'm sure he'll be happy to help with suggestions...

I only pay 8000 plus water and electricity for a brand new unit on the corner of Soi VC and Third Road...No pool but everything
    else in a basic unit...There are two other BMs here now...Easy access to all of Pattaya...

Last month I stayed at the VCC Condos on Soi VC...much larger...full kitchen and a pool for 12000 plus water and electricity...
    I simply didn't like the bathroom so I moved here...

Neither units are serviced...Cleaning costs range from 100 to 150 baht per cleaning...reasonable...

Send Mr. PigDogg a PM...He lives to serve...
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Thanks Kahuna

Appreciate the response... using VCC Condo i googled it and found an interesting site

Longstay condos

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

I stayed at the Tycoon last Oct. Basically a great place for 9.500 + utilities for a month (30 day period). The only drawback was internet which hardly worked during the day.
        Pool + daily cleaning included, no in-room safe though but available at the reception. Friendly staff, visitor-friendly.

If you do not require internet or just very basic internet, there are many places. If you want good to very good internet, make sure to inquire about that ...

Comment

Feel free to post a weblink for these condos so i can take a squiz  

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

I just did a search and only links to posts in other forums came up. If I remember correctly, the Tycoon had a site some time ago but lately it has disappeared.

The location is good - just off Pattaya Tai, very close to the Friendship Market and Tuk.com.

But if you are willing to spend 20K, then a 10K place might not really offer what you are looking for, as of course there is a difference.

My other suggestion would be to book some place for a few days and then start looking for your LT-place once in Pattaya. I assume that there will be tons of places available and nothing beats seeing them for yourself.

Although I have been to P 4 times last year, I am still looking for my ideal place which seems to be hard to find - 10-15K per month, in-room safe, (very) good internet, even if extra, nice bathroom, some kind of sofa or couch apart from the bed and perhaps a dining room table, good lighting, of course visitor-friendly, perhaps even with some discrete entrance and a good location.

Might try the Mosaik next time although it is more expensive but even there one has to see the rooms first.

Comment

Up to 20k, but in reality 10-14k is what i'd prefer....

To be honest i just dont know what u get for your money.

Paragon is a good deal, given maid service, nice apartments and good pool.
              Just a shame its so far away and they charge like a wounded bull for wi-fi

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(azza33 @ Dec. 31 2009,00:25)

Thanks Kahuna

Appreciate the response... using VCC Condo i googled it and found an interesting site

Longstay condos
                That's the place and realtor that I talked about in
                this thread

Azza, My suggestion is begin your stay at one of Patrice's units cause the daily rate is basicly a prorated monthly rate.  Then look around for something that may be more to your liking.

Comment

Fascinating stuff, hope you'll continue to post updates as you actually find and view places when you're on the ground.
                  Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

oringguesthouse.com was doing a great deal 2mos ago about 14000 month
                    where we want to be is closer than we think!!

Comment

I've just realised Pattaya Bay resort has long term rates.

14900, but add 7% on top for taxes ...closer to 16000, plus water + elec ... looking at 18000

Given location, pool & maid service I guess it's not too bad...

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(azza33 @ Jan. 06 2010,01:42) maid service
                        Twice a week, not everyday

Comment

As long as she's cute that's okay by me

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Just spent two weeks (Dec 17-Dec 31) at the PBR and enjoyed it so much I did something I never do, I wrote the manager an email and thanked him for such a great staff. Liked it so much I have just booked my flight for a return trip March 20-April 2 and plan to spend the month of August there. So I highly recommend it.

BTW, anyone know how I can get to my trip report so I can finish posting pics and details without becoming a VIP, lol.
                            "I love the smell of Ladyboy in the morning, it smells like victory"  

Comment

Done. Nice meeting you bro!

Comment

Working...
                              X