X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Hotel PATTAYA?

I can't really weigh in here myself, as I've only stayed in the PBR (Presidential Suite - LOVED LOVED LOVED it) and did a tour of the Penthouse Hotel and used a room for a short time, but you Pattaya Warriors probably have lots of great information to share with us newbies about the good and bad points of each.

Sorry if I've left out any favorites, hopefully that will encourage you to post information on which hotel should be considered by all right-thinking Pattaya travelers.

It goes without saying that the hotel should be "LB friendly" to be included for consideration. If you could also provide current information on rates that would be helpful.

One final point - any info on good "short time" hotels with rates and locations might be of interest as well.
    Pattaya Bay Resort (PBR)
    0.00%
    Areca Lodge
    100.00%
    Nova Platinum
    0.00%
    Welkom Inn
    0.00%
    Penthouse Hotel
    0.00%
    LK Renaissance
    0.00%
    Sunshine Hotel
    0.00%
    King Fisher
    0.00%
    Flipper Lodge
    0.00%
    Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

I think this poll has a problem with choice. There are so many places in Pattaya to stay & so many guys here would never have even been into any of the hotels listed.

The first place I stayed when I returned to Pattaya after a 30 year break was the Dynasty Inn, then I moved from the Haven to Ma Maison to ..... can't remember.

Then I had a month in the LK Renaissance, a very nice place & the latest of the LK hotels in Pattaya. The LK Pavillion, the LK Metropole, the LK Mansions, several others, they all offer a good deal & are very successful.

Then there is the question of value & the Pattaya Bay Resort is hard to beat on that score. It gets the biggest share of BMs staying there & by all reports they get well served by the friendly management.

It is no secret that I stayed in the Penthouse on my last visit & I rated it very highly. It is the most LB friendly hotel in all of Thailand as the management themselves both employ, house, feed & adore 30 of the best LBs in Pattaya.

The ladyboys enjoy the run of the place with no discrimination whatsoever. I noticed that Deepthroat was taken on a tour of the rooms on his last visit & I would recommend anyone to walk into the reception & ask for the same. It is obligation free & will certainly open your eyes to a different hotel experience.
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

I recently stayed at Citin Loft .. new & quite nice hotel with large rooms.

Some may find the location a little odd as its 5-10 mins walk north east of second and centre roads.
      However, if you enjoy soi 6,7 & 8 its actually in a great location.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(pacman @ Jan. 01 2010,03:15) It is no secret that I stayed in the Penthouse on my last visit
        So that's where you stayed; I'm always the last to know.

Popped by the Penthouse the other day and had a chat with the manager who is an extremely fine fellow.

Our group picked up our The Ladyboy Forum VIP discount cards for the hotel and the bar which is a nice gesture on the part of Penthouse/Obsessions as well as a good perk for Forum members.

Comment

I prefer to stay at Sandy Spring on Soi 13. I love the view of the bay from their balconies. Price is around 1300 for a deluxe room if you have their discount card. Location is great. It is halfway between Beach Road and Second Road. One drawback is they do not have a restaurant. But it is only a short walk to The Avenues where I eat breakfast almost every morning at AuBon Pain and also where there is a grocery store. The Sportsman Bar is next door where they have great food. There is a shortcut next door that leads to Soi 13/1 where, when arriving in Soi 13/1, you are halfway betweem Stringfellows and LaBamba.

Comment

you have a link to web site ?

SW
            http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

I have stayed at 6 of the 9. The LK is the nicest but lately I have really enjoyed the PBR and the WIFI at PRB is the best. The penthouse is convenient and I have stayed there at least a dozen times over the years but it needs to be renovated, and the towels always smell so moldy. The newer wing of the Sunshine Inn is good, the old wing not so much. Areca is nice but a little further out of the way, but I do enjoy their pool. In a pinch I will stay at the Dynasty Inn as I find the Soi 13 area to be the best location to hit all of Pattaya.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

(spare wheel @ Jan. 01 2010,18:53)   you have a link to web site ?

SW
                Yes: "Yahoo Search" or "Google Search"

Comment

(Masahiko @ Jan. 01 2010,19:44) The penthouse is convenient and I have stayed there at least a dozen times over the years but it needs to be renovated, and the towels always smell so moldy.
                  The towels smelt "moldy"? ...    

If you say so but that certainly wasn't my experience.

This isn't the first time that problems from the past have been raised but I can only go by what I saw in November & that was a hotel that was kept to the highest standard.

There has been an ongoing program of renovation of rooms & suites to the tune of some half million baht per month. That is nearing completion with the new rooms bearing little resemblance to the multi coloured displays of old.

The restaurant area has been redone & there is a new Breakfast Terrace combined with a Sun lounge. I gather it is on the roof which sounds like a great idea because that space was wasted before.

The Kitten Club has also had extensive revisions to it. I have been told of a VIP area with a new stage & much softer music. That is something I argued for strenuously but I will believe it when I see it.

I hope Masahiko & other previous (& potential customers) make the effort to take a look. Whatever bad news they remember I can assure them it is not the case today.

Comment

(pacman @ Jan. 01 2010,18:15) I think this poll has a problem with choice. There are so many places in Pattaya to stay & so many guys here would never have even been into any of the hotels listed.
                    I agree completely Pacman, the problem was that the "poll" feature is restricted to 10 choices maximum, so I had to go through the recent discussions and threads and try to pick out the 10 lodgings that seemed to have the most favorable comments over the past few months. I knew I'd miss out on some great places, but hopefully that can get filled in by comments from the BM's. Then, going forward, we could hopefully do a more meaningful poll that encompasses the 10 places with the highest ratings from this poll and the most favorable comments from the BM's.

Judging by the responses so far, though, that probably won't be happening.

I'm sure there's a better way to create a definitive "Best LB Hotels of Pattaya" guide. Maybe this will spur someone on?
                    Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

I have stayed at the Dynasty Inn on the last 2 trips. The location is handy to everything in Patts;guest friendly;clean and rooms spacious enough. It seems mid range rates but reasonable value.

Comment

I am glad to hear the Penthouse is remodeling, and I will try it again based on your comments.

Comment

When you book in at the reception, ask for the person in charge.

Explain everything that has been discussed here on the forum & tell them you were a previous customer of the Penthouse until you struck problems.

Let the management know that many people on the forum are following your situation with interest & that you are going to report on your stay.

Mention my name & say that I assured you that the problems of the past no longer apply.

Good luck Masahiko. Tell us all how it goes & please give us your opinion of the Penthouse now compared to your previous visits.

Cheers...        

Comment

Last few trips I have stayed at the PBR. Prior to that Dynasty S13. Both are OK.

PBR was very noisy (October 09) - north back corner was across from a fair where the dreadful music from the rides was incessant from early morning to late at night. Looked like a mobile fair so I imagine it would have moved on by now? But great value, large rooms and pleasant attitude.

Dynasty is in a great location as others have mentioned - but the beds are as hard as a road.

Based on Pacman's comments I will try Penthouse when in Pattaya in March.  

Comment

I've stayed at PBR many times, and the staff know me well.  Nam in the restaurant there gets my breakfast (chicken noodle soup) ready as I walk in!  But as PBR gets more booked up, I've stayed LK Renaissance a few times recently.  LK isn't cheap, but both PBR & LK are good value for money (although I notice PBR have squeezed an extra 7% in at high season - to 1500 baht for standard room).

Otherwise I've stayed in the past at Dynasty Inn, and more recently at Ma Maison in Soi 13 (which I like for a change). Another BM recommended Sandy Spring to me. I did a tour, the deluxe rooms look very good  ... but every time I've tried to book it's been full.

I'm going to have a look round Penthouse Hotel next week, to see if Pacman's regular gushing tributes are justified.  I will be smelling the towels too    

PBR is very well run, and a hotel where I'm always happy to return. But my vote has gone for LK Renaissance, if you can get a decent discount.  The rooms are quite luxurious/stylish and the jacuzzi bath is a nice bonus. Only downside is that maintenance isn't always spot on - very annoying if you are just about to share a jacuzzi with a kitten club LB  
                              TT

Comment

Working...
                              X