X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LK Renaissance vs August Suites vs Areca-Evergreen

Seems that these are the three Pattaya hotels that many high end mongers seem to be considering.  Maybe high end is a misnomer as the really expensive places tolerate mongers but most of their clientele probably don't bring back joiners.

So it'd be interesting to hear from guys who have stayed at more than one of these establishments as a basis for comparison.

I've seen them all but haven't stayed at any.

Never stayed at the new Areca Evergreen, but not a fan of Areca.

Between LK Renaissance and August Suites, I would pick LK R all things being equal. But since LK R is usually more expensive and hard to get a reservation, I stay at August Suites more often.

The big draw in LK R is the Jacuzzi bath and a nicer room.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I've stayed at the LK Renaissance a few times already and have recently stayed at the Areca Evergreen.

It's difficult to make a direct comparison as they are both quite different hotels.  In addition there are so many standards of room available at both the hotels.

Areca Evergreen is brand new, and the set up is actually nice enough and more than adequate.  In general terms, it doesn't offer the same level of luxury that you'll encounter at LK Renaissance. The issue I have with LK Renaissance is the lack of maintenance, and I have had problems with the plumbing and scolding hot water coming out of both the hot and cold taps.  I've also had issues there with black ants in the room, and on one ocassion they were in my bed !

In terms of clientele, Areca Evergreen tends to attract predomintantly older couple from the UK and Europe, and you'll spot them daily by the pool.

My biggest concern about staying at the Areca Evergreen was the reported over 20 years old joiner policy.  I did return a few times with 18yo & 19yo ladyboys, and didn't encounter any problem at all.  Perhaps I was just lucky and struck the right person on the reception desk.

Areca Evergreen has a buffet breakfast, although despite staying there for two weeks, I never actually managed to see it.  It finishes at 10am.

Cheers
      Koykaeng
      Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Pics & comments on the Evergreen over at Pattaya Secrets: http://www.pattayasecrets.com/forums...pic=79116&st=0
        More, More, More ... how do you like it?, how do you like it? ... More, More, More ...

Comment

What is about the LK Mansion, seems to be the cheapest of them all?
          Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Comment

Having only stayed at the LK this early March I can only comment on this hotel. But from a luxury, first visit, breakfast which is cooked to order and open till 2.00pm  means you have half a chance of making it. Completely LB friendly, security is up to speed, id etc and you dont brush shoulders with others staying there so discreet, no bricking it for the shy.

Booked the size up which was 60sqm so it was more than big enough £44 a night all in through Agoda. Jacuzzi worked a treat in fact I filled the bathroom with bubbles several times. Well cool as standard there are Durex Gold condoms supplied in the bathroom. Never seen that before. And skinny dipping with two LB,s at 4 in the morning didnt seem to be a problem either.

In comparison to Uk & Europe its a no brainer. If you travel that far and have a limited time to have great luxury and discretion you cant go wrong, its half the price of a sad Travel lodge in Brighton. Plus its quietish for Pattaya I would imagine, good location too so you can walk to Pook Swan 5 mins if that. There is a set of I think ten bars  opposite to chill at, out the door and a couple of beers without feeling you are jumping straight into the Abyss. If it was my first trip I would go there & work down. But budgets are budgets. Baht buses are 100 yards walk from the door so straight into the loop.

I went there based on the forum recommendations & I was also taking a mate. Didnt let him down either and I was so grateful to the forum for it.

Yes it may be a little tired but I think that is being fussy. Its not brand new but it is very clean no ants, shit go to spain. You will feel safe I think that is the best way to look at it. Just book in advance.

Comment

(paradise_juggler @ Apr. 23 2010,02:05) What is about the LK Mansion, seems to be the cheapest of them all?
              Might be a good value but not nearly the same class of lodging as the LK Renaissance.

Comment

I've stayed 3 times at the  LK Renaissance - initially booked through Agoda and they upgraded me to a suite and asked me to book directly with them in future. I have always enjoyed a rate with which I am happy.

I forgot that, booked through Agoda for my next trip and the  LK Renaissance Front Desk emailed me and asked if I'd like the same suite as last time and could they send a car to pick me up at the same price as Mr T (whom I used on my last visit).

I get my bed-linen changed daily - usually twice a day.

I always have 6 bath-towels and 6 hand towels available plus 4 toilet rolls and plenty of hotel bathroom sundries. The room cleaners know me and now tell me on first meeting that they remember me and my requirements.

The internet connection is fast and free.

I have never had to pay a joiners fee even when bringing in more than one.

The Front Desk (female) staff are great fun and have helped me translate Thai ages so I would not bring in anyone under-18. I always have a laugh with them - they know my age from my passport and tell me that their grandfathers do not have my energy.

I do not like the pool location - but unless a pool was well-shaded and large I would not use it anyway.

If (as is usual) I miss breakfast they will (if I want) cook me breakfast at Lunch-time - (though I usually go out - to find something new).

So far I have not had a problem with room dererioration or with water flow or power cuts and if I did, and it was not fixed fast, then I would stay somewhere else.

Until standards slip, I am very happy to continue to stay at the  LK Renaissance - photos of which I have posted in previous trip reports.

Comment

I obviously dont have the personal qualities of the game925!   Last time I stayed at LK i was refused extra towels (by both the room maid and the front desk).  That's never happened before anywhere I've stayed in LOS (PBR were particularly helpful).  I agree about maintenance at LK Renaissance, and have twice had to ask for a defective jacuzzi to be fixed.  And with wardrobe door hinges damaged.

The 'luxury' factor is higher than August Suites, and I do like staying in the LK rooms. The reason I moved on to August Suites was eventually the lack of discount on LK room rates during high season.  

Not stayed at Areca, but would certainly use LK again if the price is OK.  In the meantime, August Suites ticks all the boxes for me.
                  TT

Comment

I've been staying in The Areca for the last 3 years or so .

By a simple twist of fate (as Dylan once sang ) they were booked up last trip and my good friend Piggdog recommended The August Suites .

The August Suites is now the best hotel in Pattaya by a country mile
                    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

JimSlim, are you saying you've stayed in LK Renaissance and like the August Suites better than it AND the Areca?

And what about the new Areca Evergreen?

Not clear from your post just how definitive your pronouncement should be considered.
                      Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Staying at the Areca Evergreen now and compared to a previous stay at LK I would rate the Evergreen higher.  The Areca does have a policy that you have to pay a joiner fee if bringing back more than one guest so if that is your thing the LK may be a better option.  The breakfast at the Evergreen is much better than LK, eggs to order and a good selection of Thai food and various fruits.  The quality of the Thai food they set out is actually quite good.  The Areca has two pools and there really is no comparison there, always a few local beauties at the pool during the day.  Haven't seen any older European couples in the Evergreen section but that obviously can change.  One of my dislikes of the LK was the lack of a proper shower in the bathroom.  The Evergreen has a good tub/shower combo with plenty of pressure and hot water.  I'll be here another 10 days, if anyone has any questions about the place let me know.

Comment

(deepthroat @ Apr. 24 2010,09:50) JimSlim, are you saying you've stayed in LK Renaissance and like the August Suites better than it AND the Areca?

And what about the new Areca Evergreen?

Not clear from your post just how definitive your pronouncement should be considered.
                          I've stayed in the Areca many times , never in the LK though brother Pacman was kind enough to give me and grand tour of his presidential suite one afternoon .

Though the Areca is always dear to my heart I have now fallen in love with the August Suites .
                          The location is perfect with access to every where you want to go , a big plus point is its not beside any bars so no prying eyes watching who you take home oft an evening

The rooms and the pool are great , they have a great gym which I actually spent an hour or so in every other day .

The staff are superb , well trained and very friendly , they seem to have adopted an American style of "have a nice day sir " sort of thing though it has gone to extreme lengths as I spotted Thai guys with name badges Gary and Paul .

My first day there I ordered cornflakes toast and tea by the poolside , the next morning Thai Gary said "the usual sir , cornflakes toast and tea ?"

Its all in the little details
                          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

JS, I'm curious about the rate you are getting at August Suites, is it the internet rate or can they do better/bargain with you? It looks worth checking out for sure.

Comment

(jimslim @ Apr. 25 2010,19:12) I've stayed in the Areca many times , never in the LK though brother Pacman was kind enough to give me and Ciobha the grand tour of his presidential suite one afternoon .
                              I am still getting over it...        
                              Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Working...
                              X