Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tycoon Hotel, Pattaya...

hi uys,
    Is anyone familiar with the Tycoon Hotel, it is located off pattaya Tai...up near where soi bakoaw hits Pattaya Tai. I am trying to locate an e-mail address to see if they have rooms available for my next trip. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks in advance.

(joseph1 @ Jun. 20 2010,05:31) hi uys,
      Is anyone familiar with the Tycoon Hotel, it is located off pattaya Tai...up near where soi bakoaw hits Pattaya Tai. I am trying to locate an e-mail address to see if they have rooms available for my next trip. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks in advance.
    I stayed at the Tycoon last year (October) for a month. Unless things have changed, keep in mind:

Don't go there unless it is 4 a month or at least 3 weeks as only their monthly rate is worthwhile - around 9,500 excl. utilities.
    no weekly rate and for 800 THB (util. incl.) per day, u can prob find better deals.

I liked the Tycoon - the staff is friendly and helpful, in particular Oy (?), one lady who works there during the daytime. The 2nd one, Pai is rather quiet and a bit stand-offish. The night time lady doesn't speak much English, but is fine. Can be a bit nosy with yr guests ...

The rooms are very adequate for that price and daily cleaning (included in the price) is rather unusual in that price range.

Bathroom is very clean and large enough, also has a shower curtain and a large sink area.

General lighting could be improved, in particular when sitting at the desk at night, it is rather dark.

Good, large fridge, enough closet space and you get actually 2 desks which is good as one is usually dedicated to my laptop.

Downside:
    No inroom safe but safety dep boxes available in the lobby.
    Internet is not great - ok, I like lightning fast internet 24/7 and I would be willing to pay extra for it. At the Tycoon it was almost zilch during the day, then got better at night time, no idea why that is - I spoke to CAT, their provider and they said that the Tycoon shares its line with 3 other customers - whether this is true or not, I wouldn't know 4 sure.

So, if internet is important 4 you, you might want to reconsider.

Pool is good to have but you cannot bring your own drinks - not even a bottle of water as they have a pool bar going there.
    Same goes 4 the lobby area, which doesn't have much seating room anyway, but they have a restaurant there, so you could not sit there unless you order sth. Was no big deal 4 me, but just telling you.

Bed is large, sheets and towels are changed twice a week - I don"t know whether u could get them changed more frequently for an extra price or tip.

Downside: The bed frame has extremely rough or sharp corners. Took me a while to get used to them as they stick out quite a bit. Got a few bloody scratches.

Personally I do not care too much about the camel-hair-colored blanket which is only tucked into a white sheet - I mean the blanket is not fully inside the linen ... gosh, should have taken a pic.

In general it is a good to great place to stay for a very decent price but you should know what to expect internet-wise, etc.

They also seem quite full as many tenants stay there loooong-time.

It is really quiet there, which is good unless the nearby construction on the new building has started. The location I found ideal.

Hope this helps.

Amen
    CM

Comment

Just found their business card:

Tycoon Place
      Tel.: ++66 384 22120-2
      Mobile: ++66 1398 6777
      E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Chinaman...
        SHEMALE.CENTER
        World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Just a heads up that there is lots of piledriving going on now in that area and construction probably for the next year.  This will also affect the Selina and Diamond City.  All three are decent deals.  I think Tycoon used to have a website, but no longer.

http://www.selinaplace.com/

http://www.diamondcitypattaya.com/

Truth is there are deals like these all over town so if the construction is an issue then look elsewhere.  If not, all three are fine choices.   Another idea is starting out at the Yensabai or VCC Condo renting by the day but paying the monthly rate prorated daily through Patrice of PAT Properties for about 400 a day pkus some extras.  Then look at everyplace on your list.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jun. 20 2010,12:27) Another idea is starting out at the Yensabai or VCC Condo renting by the day but paying the monthly rate prorated daily through Patrice of PAT Properties for about 400 a day pkus some extras.  Then look at everyplace on your list.
            From what I know and have heard there is no internet at the VCC and the Yensabai? unless you get a chance to piggyback.

I am just saying this as for some people it might not be an issue at all but for others internet or good internet could be essential.

I would probably go nuts if I booked an perhaps even pre-payed 4 a place and then found out there was no internet. But that's ME ;-)

But, unless I missed sth, we don't know for how long the OP is planning his stay ...

The pool at the VCC is pretty spectacular though!

Comment

That is correct, at Yensabai you have to either pay a monthly fee or pirate someones connection. At the VCC I dont think u can even pay by the month.

But my idea for those places is to just stay for about 4 or 5 days while looking for one^s permanent place. There is an internet shop nearby for 30 baht an hour and cheaper deals for multiple hours.

Both places have great pools.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jun. 20 2010,12:27) Just a heads up that there is lots of piledriving going on now in that area
                Is there a sign: 'Danger, Chinaman at work'?  
                TT

Comment

(TTChang @ Jun. 20 2010,15:28) Is there a sign: 'Danger, Chinaman at work'?  
                  I won't start my personal pile driving in that area until July 18, but then be aware of some earth shaking near TukCom until Aug 1.
                  And no, you cannot watch the construction in process ...

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jun. 20 2010,13:27) Just a heads up that there is lots of piledriving going on now in that area and construction probably for the next year.  This will also affect the Selina and Diamond City.  All three are decent deals.  I think Tycoon used to have a website, but no longer.

http://www.selinaplace.com/

http://www.diamondcitypattaya.com/

Truth is there are deals like these all over town so if the construction is an issue then look elsewhere.  If not, all three are fine choices.   Another idea is starting out at the Yensabai or VCC Condo renting by the day but paying the monthly rate prorated daily through Patrice of PAT Properties for about 400 a day pkus some extras.  Then look at everyplace on your list.
                    Selina and Diamond seem perfect. 2 questions.

1. What kinda construction work we talking about here? Is it so noisy to the point of not being able to sleep? Works should be going on 9 - 5 only right?

2. How's the internet access? I need reliable access for work. Speed doesn't have to be lightning fast, but it has to be up 24/7 or close.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jun. 20 2010,12:27) Another idea is starting out at the Yensabai or VCC Condo renting by the day but paying the monthly rate prorated daily through Patrice of PAT Properties for about 400 a day pkus some extras.  Then look at everyplace on your list.
                      I wouldn't recommend anyone stay at the VCC Condo even if it was free...Unless you like freezing cold water or scalding hot water, it is a place to avoid...Trust me, I've stayed there and would never ever return...

But PD is correct...If you are staying for a month or longer, rent a room in an inexpensive hotel for a few days and search for a place to spend your holiday...

I spent several months at the Keerati on the corner of Soi LK and Soi Diana...a fairly good location...Large studio units with different configurations...with large bathrooms, balconies and small kitchens...But no elevator...Cleaning and linen service every other day...And you can use the pool at the LK Metro next door...These days you should be able to get in around 20K a month...At least according to their location ad...It's a favorite of many BMs here...Tel 038-416-234
                      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(friedfrunk @ Jun. 23 2010,19:25) 1. What kinda construction work we talking about here? Is it so noisy to the point of not being able to sleep? Works should be going on 9 - 5 only right?

2. How's the internet access? I need reliable access for work. Speed doesn't have to be lightning fast, but it has to be up 24/7 or close.
                        one guy i met stays in the diamond city because even though u pay exrra for cyberpoint internet, a reliable connection is extremely imortant to him.

construction noise starts early in the morning, probably best to avoid the
                        selina,tycoon,diamond city area for a year if that is an issue for u.

kahuna is spot on, pratumak hill requires expensive negotiated baht bus rides or a motobike.

here is the best deal i fouund by far for those on a tight budget, when i went to look every room was occupied so i couldnt see the rooms but looked new.

http://www.soidb.com/en/pattaya/stay...x_mansion.html

Comment

PD, awesome. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                          X