Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattaya Bay Resort

Hello,

My 1st trip to Pattaya. I will be stying at the Pattaya Bay Resort. Anyone know if :

Are the LB friendly ?

Can I bring more than one to my room ?

Is there a joiners's fee ?

Is it far from JSB ?

Apologize, if these aquestions are already ansered in the forum, but I could not find them. I have had issues in BKK before, when I was chrged Bht 700 for joiners fee at Ambassodors and some other hotel .
    Attached Files

I stayed there recently, fantastic value especially at the current promo rates.
    Very much LB friendly so no problems there.
    I never took more than one back and the room rate allows for two persons.
    And I would estimate it is around 800 meters from JSB.
    Also, no Thai guests are allowed entry without leaving their ID or passport in reception.

In view of the current promotion the place is already running at a high occupancy level & it's low season, so a long term reservation is starting to look essential.
    And that's not surprising once you have viewed the rooms. The higher spec deluxe rooms are truly excellent, infact as good if not better than the 4 star DIG in Bangkok IMO.

Comment

You can have a second guest but there is a charge. The first guest is free! Cherck there website.

They ARE ladyboy friendly and hopefully we'll be teaming up with them to run specials for AsianTS.com members.

Distance isn't a problem as they have free transportation to run you about till 9PM.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 15 2007,14:44) You can have a second guest but there is a charge. The first guest is free!
        Thets no good for some of our BMs....
        So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

I wonder to which BM'S to whom you are refering Billy
          Your got yer Mother in a whirl
          Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

That pool DOES look good, doesn't it! But there's more...

Instead of having those God-awful rudders for the hot and cold water they are seperate! Which means you have control over how hot (or cold) your shower is! There's a toothbrush in the room and free water and... actually I could drone on for too long about all the things it has, but it's also got a couple of features that are worth making a note of...

The 24 hour Tuk Tuk service will take you to second road for free any time you want to go and you can call them to pick you up there also, although a motorcycle is probably quicker and just 20 Baht... (you don't want to walk... it's almost a kilometer!!!)

All the staff especially the reception area and the manageress speak great English and are extremely courtious and helpful...

There's a reading lounge, a free internet area, wireless everywhere, a gymnasium (with 42 inch TV!) and a fantastic swanky restaurant too...

There's no minibar! Good - because I never use them anyway and all the rooms have large normal sized fridges so you can buy your own stuff!

There is a "Quiet Time" from 10PM till 8AM and they enforce it, too!

Ladyboys and gays are welcome and if you have just one guest it's free. Additional guests are 500 Baht but you DO get extra towels, etc.
            Attached Files

Comment

The elevator smells new and the only thing missing really is the large oversized numbers telling you what floor you are about to step off on to... Twice I stepped off on the 4th floor instead of the third!!! But then I'm not as smart as most people!!!

And good news for AsianTS.com members and forum readers... Early next year we will be able to offer discounts for readers here and I'm talking to the owner (Kim) and manageress (Boom) now about being able to get last minute bookings discounted so we can get cheap deals late in the day and they can fill the rooms... more on that later.

For now - take advantage of the fantastic introductory rates which are good till the 20th of October. I tried to get some photos of the larger rooms but, yes - you've guessed it - they were all occupied!

SO... If you want to stay here then book as far ahead as you can! I haven't yet managed to be able to secure the room I actually wanted because they are always so busy.

If you have stayed here then please feel free to leave your comments below. If you want to book and can't get through then PM or email me and I'll do it for you.

Members (re)joining the AsianTS.com for a year will soon be able to get a free night in a standard room (see picture below) (which I will personally pay for) so watch out for that promotion coming up in the next few weeks...

Great hotel, great owner and staff and you'll not regret staying here I promise you!

Stogie Bear
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks good...But if you can get the owner to wave the additional  500 Bah for the 2'nd or the 3'rd guests ..Thats a ST in Pattaya... maybe just for the AST members..that will be good...

The owner of this hotel (thankfully an American)  
                So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Actually, Billy - I did speak to Kim about waiving the extra charge for multiple guests for AsianTS members only and he explained that it just causes confusion for the staff and frustration for the guests.

I'm in there fighting, boys!  

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 22 2007,17:44) There is a "Quiet Time" from 10PM till 8AM and they enforce it, too!
                    Thank god for that. . im back soon and will trial a few days at this place if i get a spare day or two.

I know it seems a bit pedantic but are the walls solid or just plasterboard . I hate places where you can hear the next door TV at full volume coming through the wall
                    . pretty hard to find a Hotel that has good soundproofing.

Anyway ill be in for a test run for sure...

TC

Comment

I tried and tried, then tried again and then tried harder... but even "Mr Grumpy" couldn't find a single fault with this new hotel on Soi 15 off second Road...
                      I can

The massive construction of the massive shopping centre that SB talked about means massive noise. There is also a mini-building site almost in the front garden of the hotel.

I only drove past in a taxi, I did not stay there. But my guess is that if you are a light sleeper, or want an afternoon nap, you may have problems
                      Mister Arse

Comment

Thanks Stewart.

. I stayed at the Town In Town a few months back and ate a pack of headaches tablets due to the construction work . Drove me fucking mad as i have to read work papers and projects reports etc etc . Piece and quiet is important to me. very important..

Construction sites i avoid like the plague...I know some guys can ignore this shit but i aint one of them. Noise is a NO NO...having said that the construction wont last for ever...

but...
                        in any event ill take a walk in the next time im down as it seems a good place for the longer term.

Comment

Costruction of ''The Avenue'' has now finished Stewart and the shop fitters have moved in.
                          Once this new shopping and entertainment centre opens it shall mean the hotel is only a five minute walk to Second Rd.

I stayed there for 15 days recently Tomcat and I never heard any noise form my next door neighbours, nothing at all.

These were pictures I took of my deluxe room, which I thought was incredible VFM.

Comment

(Tomcat @ Jul. 22 2007,23:46) Thanks Stewart.

. I stayed at the Town In Town a few months back and ate a pack of headaches tablets due to the construction work . Drove me fucking mad as i have to read work papers and projects reports etc etc . Piece and quiet is important to me. very important..

Construction sites i avoid like the plague...I know some guys can ignore this shit but i aint one of them. Noise is a NO NO...having said that the construction wont last for ever...

but...
                            in any event ill take a walk in the next time im down as it seems a good place for the longer term.
                            As I said, I did not stay there...only drove past in a taxi. They may have installed super duper soundproofing for all I know.

But I am a light sleeper, so I am probably at one end of the noise tolerance scale

PS - Pentire, contruction stopped? There were big crane thingies whirling round above that new shopping centre yesterday
                            Mister Arse

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 22 2007,02:59) I'm talking to the owner (Kim) and manageress (Boom) now about being able to get last minute bookings discounted so we can get cheap deals late in the day and they can fill the rooms...
                              Interesting concept.

Comment

Working...
                              X