X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattaya Blue Sky Hotel

Earlier this month I stayed at Blue Sky Hotel on Soi 5 in Pattaya. It is located a bit closer to Second Road than Beach Road but the latter is only two minutes walking distance away. I really liked the location of the hotel, it was a quiet area, Big C and Terminal 21 were close, and the baht bus made pretty much every where easily accessible. On one occasion I left my room and was on the beach in Jomtien about 30 minutes later; for the price of 20 baht. Can't beat that.
    Also, staying in northern Pattaya was a nice change from Central Pattaya/Soi B. where I usually stay.

Now the hotel:
    - bringing a guest back to your room is a non-issue-- it is very girl/ladyboy friendly, in fact one of the receptionists at the front desk is a lb.
    -The hotel is very clean and the rooms are spacious with a good sized balcony and good rain shower in the bathroom. Bed is big and fairly firm and the room is well appointed.
    -The restaurant is a good size but I can't comment on the quality of the breakfast because I never made it down stairs in time.
    -There is a roof top pool which was clean but might be a bit on the small side for some forum members--I liked it but I "ain't" much of a swimmer...more of a quiet place to relax, swim a little, have a drink, and read my book.
    -The staff are the most friendly I have yet to meet in Pattaya (Chada Thai House being a fairly close second). From the reception to the cleaners, all were excellent.

Here are a few photos of the hotel:

ahh.jpg

azzz.jpg

baaa.jpg
    bxxxx.jpg
    Other Info:

-There is a nice bar complex on Soi 3 which is worth a visit (picked up sweet lb there one night) and there is another area called "drinking street" (toward the Dolphin Roundabout) which was just ok for a bit.
    -Nakula is an area that deserves more exploring, not only because of TJ Bar but because of some excellent restaurants and "hidden gems" in some other bars.
    -The gym at Blue Sky was closed while I was there, not sure if it is being renovated or if it is a goner.
    -The room price at Blue Sky fluctuates widely. I booked through Agoda and paid about 40 US per night (I paid in Korean Won so give or take a dollar or two) but have seen the price as high as 65 US for the same dates. If you are interested in the hotel I would recommend checking the price fairly regularly.

For price and quality, I plan to stay at Blue Sky again.
    Well that's it, if I think of any thing I missed I will update this thread.
    Cheers!

Nice review. That is a decent looking room for the price.
    Nice bed and balcony and the pool area looks nice.
    Unfortunately the smallish sized pool like most places.
    There is some good deals in that area between Soi 1 and Soi 6.
    Also a fair amount of action and easy access to TJs, but it is a little far if you are going the walking street direction but still not bad.
    The new Terminal 21 shopping is pretty close too, along with Soi 6 bars and Miss Tiffany's.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by CragR View Post
      Nice review. That is a decent looking room for the price.
      Nice bed and balcony and the pool area looks nice.
      Unfortunately the smallish sized pool like most places.
      There is some good deals in that area between Soi 1 and Soi 6.
      Also a fair amount of action and easy access to TJs, but it is a little far if you are going the walking street direction but still not bad.
      The new Terminal 21 shopping is pretty close too, along with Soi 6 bars and Miss Tiffany's.

Yeah it is a three star but if a large pool is a must check this place out less than a minute down the street. Start at 8:15.

Comment

Great review. Tx

Comment

Working...
        X