Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Pattaya seafood places?

What are the
    1) restaurants with best seafood in Pattaya?
    2) best joints for a beer and a shrimp platter?

It is a little pricey, but the Moniten hotel has a "Surf and Turf" buffet at least once a week. However don't remember what day. The food is lavish: steak, shrimp, crab, etc.

Comment

The Montien Buffet is on Saturday night. Its starts at 1730, get there early and get a good seat in the aircon, the food it outstanding for the price. An assortment of over 75 dishes, with shrimp and steak cooked to order. If you have never tried it I recommend it at least once.

Comment

Don't know any in particular, but many on walking street are well over priced ( Thai prices ) & mainly for the tourists, food quality varies enourmously. I have had a couple of decent meals there, but generally avoid it like the plague for eating.
        Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Personally I would avoid eating the shell fish. It's not worth screwing your holiday up with a dose of food poisoning.  

Comment

(madcat365 @ Apr. 02 2007,11:14) Personally I would avoid eating the shell fish. It's not worth screwing your holiday up with a dose of food poisoning.  
            Thats whats Im woried about..And thats why I Don't even try it..
            So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

(madcat365 @ Apr. 02 2007,17:14) Personally I would avoid eating the shell fish. It's not worth screwing your holiday up with a dose of food poisoning.  
              oh god tell me about it! happened to me after a LB took me to a Japanes/Chinese buffet at a restaurant on one of the soi's near Tong Lor (forget the name of it costs about 800bhat per person) back at my Hotel I was praying for a telephone call from her sick mother
              It's never okay for men to cry! You know who cries? Girls. And little babies. And little baby girls.

Comment

(69billy @ Apr. 02 2007,17:40)
                (madcat365 @ Apr. 02 2007,11:14) Personally I would avoid eating the shell fish. It's not worth screwing your holiday up with a dose of food poisoning.
                Thats whats Im woried about..And thats why I Don't even try it..
                When its still alive before its cooked,you shouldn't have a problem.

Much more troubel in Buffet places, where the food is being constantly reheated.

With fresh seafood you definitely get what youpay for- if its cheap,watch out,its probably last weeks stock.
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Correct. If its still kickin you have pretty goods odds that it will be ok. Watch them chuck it on the BBQ in front of you and everything will be rosy

Comment

I prefer to use a place called Maharasagee (sic) located at far end of Jomtien about 150 meters before the left turn, truly excellent value from a brilliant chef.

The places on Walking St such as King, Lobster Pot, Tankrey and Nang Nual are all ok however, a little pricey.
                    Where they lose marks though is with items such as tartare sauce and mayonnaise These dips should be kept in the fridge until needed rather than left out on the table all day during opening hours ! Same with fish sauce.

Comment

Head down Walking St turn left at the Lucky Star Bar and walk through untill the outdoor area known as the Arab Quarter, one of the freshest with Seafood delivered at 5pm for sale that evening is the 2nd stall along after you pass the big open style restaurants.
                      I have eaten there often and never had a problem with their food.

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

I love the seafoods available in Pattaya as so exp to eat them back here in rip off UK.

Have only recently discovered this place too as often ate at Vientiane/Nang Nual/Tangkay all much the same and geared towards package tourists so bit exp.

Have eaten at Marine seafood the big outdoor 1 which is described above and never had problem and considerably cheaper although the views & surroundings are bit run down.

Cheers

TM

Comment

I read somewhere that Marine Seafood on soi Marine is good and cheap. I'll be checking out this place in about a week and a half.

Comment

Please circle back with an update on that, horney.

I'm alteady looking forward to Montien and the other recommendations, Thanks.

Comment

How about a beer joint, w/fried shrimp or charcoal grill, for hanging out in the afternoon?

Comment

Working...
                              X