X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Rick Shaw @ Oct. 02 2010,14:20)
    (pacman @ Sep. 27 2010,09:39) bringing a supply of Tamiflu to take while you are here.
    And by doing so, you can congratulate yourself as being one of the medically ignorant, nay stupid, people who will cause H1N to mutate into tamiflu resistance, thus removing the only proven line of defence against a global pandemic of flu - the last one of which occurred at the end of the first world war and killed more people than the war did.

This advice borders on the criminally actionable. Do NOT take it as a prophylatic self administered insurance. Do NOT take Tamiflu unless under doctor's orders.

DO get your flu shots and, FFS, get medical insurance.What will you do if you get hit by a motorbike whilst crossing the road, let alone getting pneumonia?
    My mistake...      

Saying that everyone should bring Tamiflu was wrong & I should have expressed myself better. I was prescribed Tamiflu to take with me on a previous trip when H1N1 had burst onto the world stage & was making people sick everywhere.

I mentioned it in my post as if everyone had access to it. I doubt my supply is even relevant to the latest strain of birdflu & I am the last person to advocate that everyone should be gulping this stuff down.

It just didn't come across that way in my post & as usual, I have been strung up for my lazy writing. Relax Rick, I do understand the inherent risks & urge everyone to get professional medical advice & don't be guided by some lazy & ill-informed talk on a public forum. I should know better, this is people's health we are talking about here, not football scores.
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

• FYI, H1N1 has been shown to be tamiflu resistant cf Relenza.

Besides, Rumsfeld has shares in tamiflu so we know where the Govt. stockpiling is going

perhaps...
      Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

• (Ninewives @ Oct. 02 2010,15:17)
        (pacman @ Oct. 02 2010,11:08) I am sending you a PM. I have had 2 bouts of traveller's diarrhoea since I have been here & I can confirm it works. And there are no side effects as it doesn't require antibiotics or other medicine. Hang on mate, help is coming.
        Thanks Pacman - appreciate it.
        Paccie you're the man - I am better (I think???)

Comment

• The invoice is in the mail... If you aren't right soon, see a doctor.
          Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

• Yes sir

Comment

• Concerning Legionaires Diease I would have to wonder how these people contacted it The bacteria has to be carried by water droplets and the droplet has to be big enough to carry the bacteria. usually the bacteria lives in a water sump as in a cooling tower and is distributed by the fan blowing air thru the water as it flows thru the tower.
              They had a outbreak years ago in New Orleans from the water spray in the produce department of a grocery store.. Evidently it had been broken for a while and they didn't clean out the sump before restarting the spray.

Comment

• The crazy part with Legionaires is it is so easy to kill off!

Either get rid of any standing water from the A/C units or if you can't easily remove the water then change it's PH value.

Just put some caustic soda crystals or ordinary household bleach in the water.
                Vinegar would probably work just as well but would be a little more expensive.

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                Kahuna

Comment

• I was very impressed with the hospital you stayed in. It would not have disgraced the best private hospitals in London. And your room was HUGE. I know you had several visitors during your stay - I hope they helped you keep your spirits up.

Comment

Working...
                  X