X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Ladyboys...

For those of us who have long-time LB girlfriends, we occasionally get asked, in a not so polite way, "What happens when she gets old and looks like a guy?"

This is something I have thought about, and the answer, for me, is very clear and sure.

However she looks, whether it be feminine, masculine, or something in between, she will be my best friend as she is now.

My bigger worry is, "What happens when I get old and uglier? Will she still love me as she does now?"

My bigger worry is, "What happens when I get old and uglier? Will she still love me as she does now?"
    Errrr, how can I put this.......you ARE old and ugly!!
    Mister Arse

Comment

Shit, she's been lying to me all along?

I am not hansum, sexy man???

How can that be?

Comment

I think the vast majority would probably say "leave em'"...

Sad fact of life, but I think thats going to be the case for 9 out of 10 guys.
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

And I'm one of those 9 out of 10 guys. I'm way too shallow to stay with someone based on their personality.

Comment

Once you tear the make up off and the beer goggles fade away it can be a fright sometimes to discover who or what you dragged back the night before...this is not the case every time but sometimes...Ands these are Ladyboys in their twenties.

As for the over thirty crowd im with Stogie. With all those nice young things around one gets conditioned to stroking wrinkle free skin....a sad fact of life.....

Comment

I understand everyone's views.

And I cannot 100% say I will follow what I said. However, that is what I feel now. May is my friend and will remain so, wrinkle-free and feminine or wrinkled and masculine.

Comment

Wow, some really honest replies!!

But i think with the advent of new talent it is difficult for us to not want the young ones, and leave the old ones.

But again the opposite is true as well. Would the young, pretty ones hang around if the cash dried up and we couldnt keep them in the manner to which they have become accustomed?
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

There needs to be a distinction drawn between the p4p scene and the long term relationship situation. If all we are doing is p4p then it follows older lbs won't "do it" for us. However, if we are in a long term relationship (however rare it may be), then different dynamics are at work and as she gets older, it probably won't be as important an issue.

However, there are some myths that need to be straightened out. 1) lbs become masculine as they age - if they continue taking female hormones at the proper dose they will NOT become more masculine as they get older. They will only become more masculine if they STOP taking hormones - and this is for the preops. For postops they will not become masculine if they stop - but they will be at greater risk for problems due to hormone deficiency - osteoporosis, etc.

I have met a few stunning lbs who are 30+ who can still turn heads.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                  Membership Levels
                  The Rookie Thread
                  New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                  Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Yes, but if they keep taking oral hormones forever, they will also die of liver failure! Maybe that's why we never see old LBs!

But I think, rx, that is only true (not becoming masculine) if they take dosages that are on a par with women. From my experience, LBs are all over the map on this, including May, typically taking them one week, one month, then stopping, then starting again, on and on. So while true theoretically, I think in practice it is a rare LB who takes the right dosage, injection or patch, forever. Thus, most will start looking more masculine.

I do agree on the post-ops. There is no physical reason for them to look more masculine.

While of course not perfect, I think that a LB who takes hormones properly forever, will tend to age like her mother, while one who doesn't will tend to age like her father in terms of physical face structure (?). While far from perfect analogy, TransgenderCare does say that LBs who take hormones (only) will tend to get breasts the size of their mother. Perhaps that logic can be extended to other attributes.

Comment

Ziggy, they will only die of liver failure if they overdose on female hormones - however I do know that it is a common practice for them to overdose - so you may be right.

It is interesting to hear you say that May does not take her hormones regularly. I can understand the lbs who work in the bars as they know some customers want them to "be strong".

As a pharmacist I do know the figures for people compliant with drug therapy is low, probably at best 50% completely follow directions on average. I guess I would have thought lbs would be motivated to take their hormones properly to maintain and/or develop their feminine characteristics.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                      Membership Levels
                      The Rookie Thread
                      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

So most guys would dump their LB if she got old and lost her looks ?
                        What about all the guys who travel to LOS and fall madly in love with their LB ?
                        Surely this new found love cannot be only based on looks .... I mean some guys totally lose the plot
                        What about personality

Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

I think the reason is fairly simple, particularly if you have ever seen some very old LBs (who most likely did not follow their hormone therapy!)...there is one about 60 yr old, every day, on Soi Suan Luam, near Petchaburi, selling flowers or newspapers. Basically, a LB who doesn't take hormones looks like her Dad when she ages. So, you are in love with a sweet young, pretty girl, you age with a Thai man, in looks that is. So the question is, you are comfortable with a pretty lady going to the restaurant in a dress. Are you comfortable with a Thai man doing so? It's a tough one.

Maybe a few of us will be the first to experience this, like me, Pogue, Mardhi, as I don't know of a single long-term LB / farang relationship. However, what we have going on our side is a knowledge of hormones and an ability to buy them!

Rx...the literature, right or wrong, says prolonged usage of hormones has a deteriorating impact on the inner organs and an increase in heart problems. The inner organ problem is caused by the first pass effect. The heart problems, I think, are caused by some thinning of the blood (this is why you must stop hormones before SRS is my understanding).

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Sep. 19 2007,00:01) I think the reason is fairly simple, particularly if you have ever seen some very old LBs (who most likely did not follow their hormone therapy!)...there is one about 60 yr old, every day, on Soi Suan Luam, near Petchaburi, selling flowers or newspapers. Basically, a LB who doesn't take hormones looks like her Dad when she ages. So, you are in love with a sweet young, pretty girl, you age with a Thai man, in looks that is. So the question is, you are comfortable with a pretty lady going to the restaurant in a dress. Are you comfortable with a Thai man doing so? It's a tough one.

Maybe a few of us will be the first to experience this, like me, Pogue, Mardhi, as I don't know of a single long-term LB / farang relationship. However, what we have going on our side is a knowledge of hormones and an ability to buy them!

Rx...the literature, right or wrong, says prolonged usage of hormones has a deteriorating impact on the inner organs and an increase in heart problems. The inner organ problem is caused by the first pass effect. The heart problems, I think, are caused by some thinning of the blood (this is why you must stop hormones before SRS is my understanding).
                            Some sobering observations.

Comment

Some look like their mum when they get older, i've seen em.. You have to choose carefully if you want a LTR in my opinion, see what their mother and father look like, that should give you a good indication.
                              Avoid ones with strong features, eg Kat or Lisa ex Cacades who will probably look like Leonard Rossiter when she is older, go for one with softer features eg Obs Natalie or that other one from Cascades .........Niki or something or other........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                              When she walks, she’s like a samba
                              That swings so cool and sways so gentle

Comment

Working...
                              X