X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ziggy
    i dont like any discrimination as well and i really think that anyone has right to have his opinion and freedom of tought... that is precisely why if someone doesnt like what i like i dont try to force them to change idea i simply go elsewhere...in Thailand there is no gender discrimination legally enforced... the gender discrimination exists however among the thai population and i respect their opinion simply staying away from them... and this is in the human rights as well because even people that discriminates for gender they have human right to have their opinion...of course if their opinion wouldnt effect the freedom and human rights of other which is not in this case.
    making a long story short Ziggy i respect your opinion (thats my opinion too) but i dont agree with your resolution.
    Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

This is the one thing most of us want in society, and most of you are fighting against it!
      I'm not fighting anything. And I'm not campaigning for anything either. If a private club doesn't like you because you're black, Arab, wearing a dress or whatever then move on. I'm with the club owners all the way. Good luck to them for laying down their own laws of acceptance and good luck to Thailand for not trampling on the rights of small businesses to make money how they see fit within the law.

I was turned away from a club in Brislington in the UK because I am white. Good luck to the blacks. If they want their own clubs without the snowman poking his head round the corner then they should have the right to it and the privacy that goes with it.

Screw human rights campaigners. These wooly minded twits don't live in the real world at all.

Now - if only Thailand would enforce their own non-smoking policies!

Comment

good grief.

Comment

if they enforce non smoking policy Mardhi would disappear from the scene for long time

Comment

Wow. These statements are frightening. You support discrimination against blacks, whites, gender, or whatever.

We are talking about a non-life threatening item here, i.e., entering a bar.

But do you extend that to employment, Universities, hospitals? Most employment is private institutions, many universities, hospitals are private, so by your logic, you would be ok if they discriminate too. I don't mean to exaggerate, but do u really believe what u say on a broad basis?

While we can playfully talk about your logic for bars, it would be a major step backwards for human development if applied in a bigger context.

Comment

Yes... I believe that discrimination is a human instinct. Anyone trying to legislate against it will lose in the long run.

A major step back? Ha ha... this is a wonderful piece of silliness...

Are you saying that because discrimination and prejudice is against the law that it doesn't happen in America and the UK etc...

Humans will eventually find out that this forced integration is a bloody stupid idea.

Arabs, blacks and whites don't want to be forced to live side by side and be forced to have the same bars and shops open to them. We have completely different ways ofthinking and doing things.

I don't want to smoke crack and attack people with dogs and beat up women, so I have no interest in being near people that enjoy that kind of stuff.

I have no interest in going to bars and restaurants that are full of gays. They should have their own clubs where they can relax and have a good time.

I have no interest in going to a hospital staffed with semi-skilled badly trained third world nurses, doctors and immigrants like the UK, so I exercise my choice to go someplace else for treatment, etc.

I do NOT want to live in a street of minorities with their weird smelly cooking and their dirty kids and their laundry flapping in the streets either.

And I imagine that all these people want nothing to do with me, too!

People will always seperate them selves by race, class and religeon. THAT is the human condition.

This "melting pot" bollocks is what is destroying all the peace and freedoms that the first world fought for 60 years ago.

Feel free to disagree, but I'll bet there is a silent majority out there nodding their heads in agreement too scared to say anything out loud.

Comment

try gettimng into the jap bars in phat pong you wont get in if your white black green or jew why??
                just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Are you saying that because discrimination and prejudice is against the law that it doesn't happen in America and the UK etc...
                  Of course not, but if you build discrimination into the law and openly encorage it, you are going back to the days of apartheid....that cannot be a forward step surely?
                  Mister Arse

Comment

Forcing people to think differently by legislating current trendy social attitudes into law never works. It just annoys people and pushes the antagonism that these 'social engineers' are crippling us with more underground.

Comment

Im with Stogie and i understand perfectly what he means.
                      he is not against anyone he just wants to live his life in his way.
                      there is no point to force the people in accepting each other... you can see the results everyday just tune on some news.
                      live and let live

Comment

I don't even know how to respond to such comments. All I can say is best of luck to you, and please don't raise children.

For myself, I have no discriminatory feelings to people of different races, colors, or sexual preferences. In my work in Canada, most of my employees, friends, and neighbors were not white, not Christian, and many were gay...the idea of humanity having built-in discrimination is a truly amazing statement.

Comment

Actually Ziggy there was a proper study  done and published two weeks ago and backs up basically what Stogie said that its in built or innate to distrust other groups and races . Ill dig it out and post it if i can find it

If humans did not discrimimate against others then its unlikely that we would have survived this far. Civilization is a trade off between the law of the jungle and some kind of protection from the state but as we know from the daily news a savage world is not far below the surface. ( this is the basic thread of the report)

Taiwan now actually has a proper Nazi Party with reps in 19 universities with the hooked cross and all the trimmings.

anyway
                          I think night clubs are a law unto themselves.. the owners or doormen are hardly likely to have read up on Philosophy and morality and just dont care. If you try to get into any flashy nightclub in London the chances are only 25% on any day...unless your connected to the doorman. Sometimes you just catch the bastard on a bad night...

Comment

There is a big difference between advocating equal rights and thought policing - when you talk about "constitution and consult lawyers, I think you have gone too far. You can NOT put in laws to force people to like each other, and why is race, sexuality, gender be the only criteria? What about SB's dislike of dog beating people ? We should legislate that too? You really should read some Hayek or Friedman .... This is not just opening the door of a BKK night club to LBs, this is heading on the Road to Serfdom for all of us.

Comment

It amazes me how y'all argue this topic with continued unbelievable exaggerations trying to suggest that those unbelievable examples equate to the simple and humane concept of preventing gender discrimination. How in the name of common sense do flights from Africa and dog beating people relate to gender discrimination? Honestly, those kind of comments are completely ridiculous and provide zero merit to this topic. If anything, they completely destroy any merit to your argumetns.

As for a study that says discrimination is inate, Tomcat, as you well know, there are likley 1000s of counter studies.

Anyone who has a kid knows that if they grow up with different cultures, religions pr colors around them, they have zero discrimination. The only discrimination that comes is that imparted by society or the parents. Children, so to speak, are 'clean'.

If anyone has something sensible to add, please do so, but please, no more examples of how fat people in flip flops relate to gender discrimination.

I think we may have beat this to death anyhow.

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Apr. 04 2007,00:10) As for a study that says discrimination is inate, Tomcat, as you well know, there are likley 1000s of counter studies.
                                Actually i checked back and it was an essay by a guy called Mark Buchanan from Oxford who published this in a very well respected Jounal on march 17th. Even the Editor agreed with the basis of the essay that prejudice is innate but we can and should try to circumvent it...

It refers back to at least the four major studies on this subject over the last 10 years or so and comes to a firm conclusion. Of course its just his viewpoint...nothing more, nothing less...As this is Acedemia i assumed that this would be valid material.

I wasnt trying to condone prejudice.

If you want to read it ill gladly send you a copy.

TC

Comment

Working...
                                X