Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if you know the Thai community where you live? If not, try to get closer to them. Go to the places they're hanging around then you might get a better feeling for what I meant before. But let's talk about this after your trip to LOS. You have to experience things firsthand to understand better.

Enjoy!

MK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

I'm actually really curious how those posters not living in Thailand who have had relationships with non-working ladyboys, met their significant others? Anyone care to share?
      I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Your post was touching Alfred, and thank-you for that, but I don't agree with a few things.

I see TS as women. As such, they use the same plays as women, including in trying to nab a man. The only difference is that it's hard to fake physical arousal. However, mentally, I see all the same tricks, including using sex as the fishing hook.

As for working ladies, Thailand is not the same as other countries. Most western workers are often in quite bad shape (drugs, alcohol) and not respected. In Thailand most working girls don't drink, smoke, send all their money home to mum, and are respected.

So I see no issue with meeting a working girl and being able to have a perfectly ok relationship with her. I am an example. I met May in about August of last year at Cascades bar. We've been together since and all is ok so far. In my opinion, May is identical to a lady; emotional sometimes, likes to shop!, wants to be loved, ...

Comment

There are more non-working lb's than you might think. You meet them in the internet, shopping malls, cosmetic salons, when they're out with their gay friends in the gay clubs, in the fucking sky train.... wherever! After a while you'll get bored with the scene and you'll automatically look for civilians. I'm really not a big fan of the bar girls and try to reduce my contacts to st. It's really not that difficult - just go off the beaten tracks!

MK

Comment

I actually met my girlfiend back in 1998. She was working in a hotel travel agency and agreed to be my tourist guide for a few days whilst I was on a short stop over from the UK to Oz. She then had a Thai boyfriend so no relationship developed.

On a subsequent visit to BKK we got in touch and have maintained a long distant relationship for several years. During this period she has visited the UK 3 times and I also visit BKK once or twice each year. Working in the travel industry she knows how to get a tourist visa.

Last year she set up her own travel business on Rachada Road Soi 3. On Thursday May 18th I will be flying from Manchester to BKK for my first visit this year. For the first few days I will be helping her produce next seasons brochures and then we will have a few days in Pattaya.

As you can see our relationship is a bit different than most. Where we are heading I do not know. She is very independent, reasonably successful in business and would never want to leave her friends to live full time in the UK.

Fortunately, I might in a couple of years be able to own properties in both countries and in due course be in a position to spend longer periods in LOS.

Comment

(ziggystardust @ May 14 2006,04:39) In Thailand most working girls don't drink, smoke, send all their money home to mum, and are respected.
              Although I have limited experience with working girls (or in my case, ladyboys), I have found my interactions with the bar girls of Nana and Patpong to be almost the opposite of this statement. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think there's another side to the coin here.

I don't have exact numbers, but I'd say a fair share of ladyboys drink to some degree, mostly in the bar with customers but a lot of them indulge in their homes or at discos. I will conceed that the amounts they imbibe are fairly small and their drinking habits are mostly social.

I've found even less girls smoke, but I've still seen quite a few light up outside the bar as they walk around Sukhumvit or are at discos. I don't believe any of them are chainsmokers though.

Drugs, is probably the largest problem with bar girls. When you're sitting in the bar it may not be obvious some of the girls are iced up or have dropped some extacy, but I'm willing to suspect more are high than you think. One reason I say this is because I've witnessed several ladyboys getting high right before going to work - including many I didn't think would be the type! Some of these girls point out other girls that either are high that night or have/do drugs on a regular basis. The number is higher than I would have guessed.
              I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Working in the travel industry she knows how to get a tourist visa
                So does this mean average LB may noy likely to get a tourist VISA to come to western countries. (OK, I only care about US .... )

MK, thanks for pointing out the direction. And yes, I will learn a whole lot more once I get back!

Comment

LBs can get visas to western countries.

The key is you being respectable doing all the paperwork the right way, and proving she has tickets, will come back, you have money, etc.

I met a guy in Phuket who took is LB to the UK. Prepared very well. Got Visa in 1 day.

If she tries on her own, I believe it may be more difficult.

Comment

(goingtosugarland @ May 14 2006,09:30)
                    So does this mean average LB may noy likely to get a tourist VISA to come to western countries. (OK, I only care about US .... )

MK, thanks for pointing out the direction. And yes, I will learn a whole lot more once I get back!
                    I've heard that getting a tourist visa to the US for almost any Thai, not just ladyboys, is very difficult if not near impossible. I'm just parroting what I've read, so hopefully someone with more know-how or experience can chime in.

Comment

(dummy_plug @ May 14 2006,10:43)
                      (goingtosugarland @ May 14 2006,09:30)

I've heard that getting a tourist visa to the US for almost any Thai, not just ladyboys, is very difficult if not near impossible. I'm just parroting what I've read, so hopefully someone with more know-how or experience can chime in.  
                      what?? WTF!!  
                      DP you might be very right. This rang a bell. I had an employee from China, and his mother tried to come visiting her son many times but couldn't get the visa. Eventually they asked me for help. heck what can I do except for I am an US citizen and can vouch for "good characters" (of an old lady I've never seen). But still no luck. When I asked the lawyer what the big deal is, she said if not for these roadblocks, we will have 1.4 billion more people tomorrow ....
                      I wonder if that is really true. but enough US politics.  

Comment

For any Thai national applying for a tourist visa (lb & gg) the same two important criteria apply.

1) The paperwork must be completed accurately and truthfully - this means that whoever completes the paperwork must have a good standard of English. The foreign embassies do cross check the information that they are given.

2) The Thai national must prove that they have a good reason to return to LOS. This means that they need to have something like an employers reference or show that they own some land or property.

Comment

It IS extremely tough to bring them over to Europe as the rules get stricter everyday. For the US it's nearly impossible.
                          The embassies check more and more carefully. The key anyway is the family background (not the boyfriends background!) - means if the family has cash and can provide the deposit - or the working background. So if they have a big job at Sony in BKK, it's no problem. If they work in a bar - it's impossible!

MK

Comment

Where we struggle in this forum is in generalities and unusual cases. For every example there is a counter.

The guy I mentioned took a bar girl to the UK, and it was (apparently) his references, not her family's that made it work.

Comment

Fellas,
                              I think the VISA talk kind of move us away from the original intent of this thread, but I am really eager to spark a conversation on that topic too. So I have created another topic in the travel Info section (as this is info about traveling too, them traveling to us):
                              http://asiantsgirls.com/cgi-bin....671;r=1

Please follow the link for that topic and let's leave this thread to the tochy feely emotions alfred has inspired in all of us.

Comment

Right, just a last quick answer to Ziggy. I did it 3 times within the last 8 years and it got harder and harder. The last time was 4 years ago. In 04 I organized it again, not for me, but to do a friend a favour and it didn't work anymore. Maybe it's not impossible but the visa regulations for the EU were just tightened again about 3 months ago, so..... good luck to anyone who's trying it - and don't get me wrong, it's of course always worth the effort!

MK

Comment

Working...
                                X