Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(rxpharm @ Feb. 18 2008,04:22) For some old memories, how many of you remember the old Blue Sky Bar in Patpong?  
    Never heard of it, RX... but you must be a long-time visitor to Kings Corner?

there is also a bar next to that but upstairs, name escapes me.... they have had posties there for a while, mixed in with the regular ladies and not telling the customers of course....although you could probably say that about a dozen bars in the patpong area.
    Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
    -Dennis Miller

Comment

(buttafly @ Feb. 17 2008,08:05)
      (mcqueen @ Feb. 17 2008,07:32) Honey Bar. Right?
      I was the only customer there and had about 10 ladyboys staring at me.
      that's the place!!

your prize.....no  cover charge for 1 year at Obsessions!

No cover charge? That means I don't have to pay admission to get into that shithole?
      What a disappointing price!
      Obsessions is just my number 3 bar in NEP and that's only because Temptations will forever hold the number 4 spot. I think the LB selection in Obsessions is really overrated and the bar staff is the rudest and worst in any ladyboy bar in NEP. They don't have any respect at all for their customers, so these days I often can't be bothered to even go in there for just one drink.

After the Crackhouse closed, but the front bars in Clinton Plaza were still open, there was a beer bar in Clinton Plaza, on the left entrance side, that had an LB working there and many Sukhumvit freelancers used to hang out there (sometimes also, just to hide from the police). That beer bar was a nice place to hang out as well.
      Talking about old times, there were usually LBs to be found on Sukhumvit road, left side, after the Thermae coffee bar. About 30 meters upwards from there.

Did someone mention Ministry of Sound?
      Oh yes, I went there several times, once with a Casanova LB, who was on ecstacy. That was my first time with somebody on ecstacy and all the symptoms were exactly, like a friend of mine had told me. The LB wanted to be held and felt up by me all the time, later she was getting very horny, but when we went back to the room, she was still very horny, but no power. Then came the downfall and she was rather miserable.

To walk to the Ministry of Sound in Soi 12 was quite nice. On the corner was a 7/11 and there were often some LBs sitting on the steps of that corner, before or after they went to the club, so you could easily score there already.

O.K. let's not forget one thing:
      There's no time like the present!

Comment

do you guys remember that little row of beer bars and internet cafe's and laundry shops, directly across from Ruamchitt Hotel? Maybe soi 10 ..... one night, with no warning, it was all razed to the ground! Like, here it is tonight but come back tomorrow and 20 small businesses were gone, Poof!! the owner was that rich joker {Chuwitt?} who owns half of Ratchada road..... he found it more cost-feasable to build a hotel and threw all those people out of there with no warning!

weird, I used to check my e-mail there all the time
        -Dennis Miller

Comment

Funny indeed, I used to check my email there as well, as it was much cheaper than the usual 2 Baht per minute deal in the lower Sukhumvit area.
          I actually walked past the whole area on that Saturday night, when it was knocked down. I walked past at about 1 a.m. and I think they came to knock it down in the very early morning hours of Sunday.
          I was really shocked, when I walked past it again on Sunday- everything was gone, within a few hours.
          I felt really sorry for the small shop owners.

Comment

(mcqueen @ Feb. 18 2008,09:38) I felt really sorry for the small shop owners.
            right.... that's the way it happened, I was staying across the street at Ruamchit and heard some noise, figured it was typical street construction BS you hear in BKK every night..... woke up as usual at noon the next day and it was a vacant lot!!

strange......I remember one of my Thai LB friends reading me the shit from the local tabloids where all the shopowners were down at the local Police station getting zero satisfaction from the cops, leases and all! they were shut down, lost their life savings and had no recourse..... this real estate mogul had all sorts of power [read; corrupt cops] and they had nowhere to turn.....strange to be sure but TIT.

man, 3 days now and not one person who reads here can go back before 2000 with BKK ladyboy bars? Surprising.
            -Dennis Miller

Comment

Buttafly, I remember my shock when those bars and internet shops disappeared overnight, but Clinton Plaza was almost the same way. Kitty was my favorite at the Crackhouse. So many changes to everything being "cleaned" up over the past few years. I was completely in shock when Woodstock left NANA Plaza, that was the only quite oasis in the whole place and they had great food.

I like Bangkok before 2001, it was a much friendlier place.

Comment

I remember when it seemed like ATS had 5-6 forums and "was getting out of hand".
                I've been through a few name changes since then lol

RM
                ain't life grand

Comment

(Masahiko @ Feb. 18 2008,21:08) I like Bangkok before 2001, it was a much friendlier place.

agreed!

Pattaya also, I remember when that place was fun and not so dirty and smelly, I think both places were much better "PT" ..... pre- Thaksin

Masa.....  I would have guessed your fav would be  Som, no??

The original  J. Lo  ladyboy...... nice ass!!
                  Attached Files
                  -Dennis Miller

Comment

I used to like her although some guys hated her. I think she hitched up with a farangi in BKK. Her waistline started to bulge a little before she left Obessions but was still a looker for sure...and i never got round to taking her either..she must be around 29 ish now?

Comment

Ben, the two of us need look no more
                      We both found what we were looking for
                      With a friend to call my own
                      I'll never be alone
                      And you, my friend, will see
                      You've got a friend in me...

Attached Files

Comment

hey, wait a minute.....you can't pick on Luci Mustang, she's a superstar now!

{even if back then she was a gay boy in drag....shhhhh}

Som is exactly 25 right now and from what I hear, working back in Obs...... she was only 17 when she started in the Crackhouse {Love that name!}
                        -Dennis Miller

Comment

Buttafly,

Yes Som is one of my all time favorites, but Kitty (who lived in the same apartment complex down past the Omin Towers on Soi 4) was the first I ever took out of the Crack house.

Comment

I remember all those places. I only visited the Beverly Hills once and just had a drink. It's now the site for Lolitas. I went to Club 26 a couple of times and had some fun in their upstairs lounge.

Can any of you remember the Blue Sky beer bar complex on Patpong 1? Packed with freelancers and loads of fun. When they closed the place down and replaced it with a shoe shop all those freelancers just disappeared. No idea where they went as they didn't end up at any bars I visited.

Those were the days. The internet has really changed things since then. On the one hand, it's led to increased demand for Thai LBs which in turn has led to more supply. And they have a much better idea of what the average western client wants. On the other hand, that increased demand for LBs in general and internet superstars in particular. Prices and attitudes have changed, and not for the better.

Comment

(jonstroud @ Feb. 22 2008,10:10) Can any of you remember the Blue Sky beer bar complex on Patpong 1? Packed with freelancers and loads of fun.
                              RX mentioned that place further up, Jon

as you say, "those were the days", when you, myself and Masahiko all agree were better also, for many reasons.    some people can't understand why Pattaya is not important to me at all now, and as newer guys who have just found it since about 2003 or 2004 I can understand their excitement....same as they have to understand how much better and more fun it was before that! indeed, those were the days; no sewer smell 24/7 and more fun than now to be sure.

Nana and Patpong also..... before the internet and when only one website was on-line {the pioneer for all websites to follow, Ladyboy-Ladyboy.com} Thailand was a better, cheaper, easier place to have fun with ladyboys;  no  superstar complexes!
                              -Dennis Miller

Comment

That'll teach me to read a thread right through. If I'm not mistaken, the Kitty at Crackhouse had a brief stint at Club 26. I had the pleasure of her undivided attention for a couple of hours upstairs.

As far as I'm concerned, the Crackhouse was the first LB bar in Bangkok that was a guaranteed good time every visit. Before that, there was only Casanovas at NEP, a couple of Kings Group bars in Patpong and Limmatquai in Pattaya. At least, they were the only bars I knew about that employed LBs. Just about all the other places you might meet them had freelancers.

Like most things in an "on demand" society, the variety and quantity of supply has increased. The trouble is, I'm not convinced the extra costs and attitude problems are worth the changes. The internet is probably the most significant factor in these changes, and ATS is more responsible than most for the LB scene as it exists in Thailand now. I wonder what it will be like ten years from now.

Comment

Working...
                                X