Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (nigelr69 @ Apr. 19 2008,09:42) please don't tell them how much they need to start changing to become just like us.
    It is no longer enjoyable to drive on the roads in Australia any more.The grey suited/grey brained public servants now have us driving at 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100 & 110 kmh.It is 1000km from Melbourne to Sydney and the max is 110.
    Every corner has a speed camera that fines you for going 2km over the limit, you are constantly changing from one speed to another as per the signage above.
    Germany and "The Wild East"( although technically illegal) are the only fun places left.TO HELL WITH WESTERN ROAD RUconservative pollies who are trying to save ourselves fron ourselves....
    here here Nigel ,

what a draconian society we live here in Australia....

Ultra conservative pollies trying to save us from ourselves......

speed cameras hidden everwhere.....

no wonder i need to make 3-4 trips to LOS every year to relieve some stress....

Comment

• SB,

What were the official numbers?  What are we using for a source?  Thanks and cheers
      You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

• well i think i am close to it
        be back in pattaya sunday night unless i get tied up in bkk
        in love with nat

Comment

• shit i am out of it
          after 9 of the 10 day watch the total has reached 441
          in love with nat

Comment

• Anybody got figures on the final count?

Comment

• It must have been around 527..
              x
              Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

• (katoeylover @ Apr. 19 2008,17:06) (BangkokPost.com) - Road accidents took 360 lives during the "seven dangerous days" of the Songrang holidays, official figures showed on Friday.

Another 4,794 were injured in the 4,242 road accidents - 80 per cent of them involving motorcycles - counted by the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department.
                I am happy to accept this number Stogie given my guess was 361

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

• Fuck me !!We in Australia get our knackera in a knot when 30 -40 get killed Australia wide on a long weekend, Of course eight to ten sitting in the back of a ute is not on in the big brown land {still pissed]

Comment

• (richmond @ Apr. 22 2008,19:51) Fuck me !!We in Australia get our knackera in a knot when 30 -40  get killed Australia wide on a long weekend, Of course eight to ten sitting in the back of a ute is not on in the big brown land {still pissed]
                    except the fuck me part

Comment

• got my figure from the nation newspaper they will have final total tomorrow it going to be high
                      in love with nat

Comment

• hope this link works
                        http://www.nationmultimedia.com/brea...ewsid=30001799
                        in love with nat

Comment

• Songkran death toll rises to 441

The death toll from road accidents during the first nine days of the ten-day watch out period related to the Songkran holidays rose to 441, the Interior Ministry announced Sunday.

At the end of Saturday, Interior Minister Kongsak Wantana said, there were 4,941 road accidents, resulting in 441 deaths.

He said 48 of them were killed on Saturday when 506 road accidents occurred.

The watch out period will end on Sunday when a lot of people will travel back to Bangkok to resume work on Monday.

Comment

• (Naang Faa @ Apr. 22 2008,16:40)
                                   It must have been around 527..  
                                                                                                    x
                            who gave you that count robert mugabe?

Comment

• Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

• WHO WON ????

Comment

Working...
                                X